Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Downgrade to 1.28g eui. 1.29i eui is finicky with any mods that add any sort of UI and Research Tree (enlightenment era, future worlds).
The problem is that right now I've uninstalled all the mods in My Documents/My Games/Civ 5/Mod AND I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game. The bug is still there.

The problem is that right now I've uninstalled all the mods in My Documents/My Games/Civ 5/Mod AND I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game. The bug is still there.
Hmm, did you check if the EUI files were actually deleted when reinstalling the game? (the stuff in the "Assets\DLC\UI_bc1" folder)

Some installers don't actually remove any files that weren't installed in the first place, and since this mod is copied manually, it's possible that the files are still there. Not sure about Community Patch, but I'd just make sure to uninstall the game, then delete all the files that might remain in the folder and only then install the game again

Hmm, did you check if the EUI files were actually deleted when reinstalling the game? (the stuff in the "Assets\DLC\UI_bc1" folder)

Some installers don't actually remove any files that weren't installed in the first place, and since this mod is copied manually, it's possible that the files are still there. Not sure about Community Patch, but I'd just make sure to uninstall the game, then delete all the files that might remain in the folder and only then install the game again
Yeah that did the trick. I had too much faith in Steam's uninstall abilities. Thanks a lot!

Hello, recently I installed EUI and it seems to work without problem. Then I wanted to use 3rd UC and 4th UC projects, but EUI didnt't show new civ components in the leader selection.

Any idea ?

Hi, I'm having trouble getting EUI to work. I'm running Civ V version 1.0.3.279 on PC with EUI v1.29i. I tried installing and the game loads, but when I settle a city the city screen is all messed up. I can't choose production or do anything, there's no city name, I can't use escape to exit the city screen, stuff like that. It looks very similar to some issue someone posted on Reddit 7 years ago but never had a solution.

I believe I disabled my mods, but am not sure. I was using the mutliplayer mod pack to load a mod I made in multiplayer with friends, and I know that involved placing some files in the DLC folder as well. I turned off the mods from the UI and started up a single player game and got this issue. I can see some elements of the EUI but again it's all messed up. Someone in that reddit thread suggested disabling "GPU Texture Decode" but that didn't work for me either.

Could someone please help? Thanks!

Update: The culprit seems to be multiplayer mod pack. I wasn't removing it properly when testing, and I got it to work without it. However I want to be able to play with this and multiplayer mod pack, so trying to figure that out now.

Update 2: Figured it out! The solution was to just delete CityView.lua, InGame.lua, and LeaderHeadRoot.lua from /MP_MODSPACK/UI. I found Problem 13 and 13b from this post seemed very similar, so I had a suspicion it had to do with these files. When running, I checked the lua logs and sure enough found the following:
Code:
[544683.000] EUI_context: Loading EUI cache manager; IsPregame:    false    Context:       
[544683.000] EUI_context: Loaded EUI game info cache
[544683.000] EUI_context: Loaded EUI settings cache
[544683.000] EUI_context: Loading EUI tooltip server...
[544683.046] EUI_context: EUI tooltip server loaded.
[544683.140] YieldIconManager: EUI Yield Icon Manager loading...
[544683.187] YieldIconManager: EUI Yield Icon Manager load complete
[544683.421] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Tutorial\Lua\TutorialInclude_Expansion2.lua
[544683.421] Tutorial: Loaded Additional Tutorial checks - Assets\DLC\Expansion\Tutorial\lua\TutorialInclude_Expansion1.lua
[544683.437] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\UI\CityView.lua:21: attempt to index field 'ProductionPortrait' (a nil value)
[544683.437] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\UI\CityView.lua.
So I googled the second to last line and found this post (coincidentally, on the same thread) saying they just deleted CityView.lua and it worked. I tried just that the first time and the city view issue was fixed, but I could still not move units (a problem that was also present from before). Decided to yolo and just delete the other two files (InGame.lua and LeaderHeadRoot.lua) and it worked!

Attachments

• 20220923154345_1.jpg
    20220923154345_1.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Hello, I am having a issue where the bottom left panel, with the unit commands are. They don't show up, I tried the config game files twice solution and didn't solve it. So I was wondering if anyone has a solution.

Gomich1021,

I recently encountered the same problem with the unit commands not being displayed while using the current EUI version v1.29i.

However, by using the previous EUI version v1.28g, I was able to get the unit commands to display correctly; therefore, recommend you try using the earlier v1.28g version.

Best wishes.

Torvald,
I thank you for your recommendation, it fixed my city issue I was having where the production tab was missing. But my unit tab is still missing. Thank you anyway.

Update I found the issue, it was custom civ with their own unitpanel.xml files

Last edited:
Gomich1021,

I had previously been successfully using the older EUI v1.28g with the older version of Community Patch v88, but decided to do some additional testing today for you.

I discovered that the older EUI v1.28g works okay with the latest Community Patch v110 from Vox Populi Auto Installer v2.7.3. The city build screen and unit move screens both worked properly. That is good news!

However, the more recent EUI v1.29a and 1.29i mods were both problematical with CP v110; the city build screen would work, but units could not move. That is very bad!

Note: Make sure that you clear out both your Cache and ModUserData folders before starting your game after installing EUI v1.28g and CP v110.

P.S. Please let me know hat custom civ was interfering with your unit move panel, so I can avoid the same problem.

Greetins,
Need some help. For the life of me, when using the latest EUI version, I cannot get any mods to load. After enabling the mods on the mod screen,
what do I do? I press "Single Payer" and get taken to another screen which doe not look right. Can any one explain the proper procedure to load mods, including modded civs to use in a single player game?

Thx

Greetins,
Need some help. For the life of me, when using the latest EUI version, I cannot get any mods to load. After enabling the mods on the mod screen,
what do I do? I press "Single Payer" and get taken to another screen which doe not look right. Can any one explain the proper procedure to load mods, including modded civs to use in a single player game?

Thx
1.29 isn't compatible with most mods... Downgrade to 1.28 if you want to play mods

guys someone is playing latest EUI with ackens mod? Playing on linux (aspyr version), can't make it work.

Just recently started using enhanced UI and loving it but I don't like this giant popup when hovering over city production. Disabling the Large Tooltip setting in the interface controls turns it off in the tech tree but not here and I'm wondering if there is any way to disable it deleting specific game files or anything.

Attachments

• 1670530969787.png
    1670530969787.png
    703.5 KB · Views: 154
Just recently started using enhanced UI and loving it but I don't like this giant popup when hovering over city production. Disabling the Large Tooltip setting in the interface controls turns it off in the tech tree but not here and I'm wondering if there is any way to disable it deleting specific game files or anything.
If you go to the "Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityBanners\CityBannerManager.lua" (open using any plain text editor, e.g. Notepad), find "local TeamCityTooltips = " in there and add double dashes "--" before those three lines in the list:
"
--CivIndicator = "EUI_ItemTooltip",
--CityProductionBG = "EUI_CityProductionTooltip",
--CityPopulation = "EUI_CityGrowthTooltip",
", you should not see those anymore. (the first line is actually another large tooltip which replaces the production one if you disable it, it's the same as the one that you get when hovering over your civ in the civ list on the right, figured you don't want that one either)

Greetings All,
I went back to version 1.28 after problems with newer versions. I now find that I am unable to delete units. Additionally, after capturing a city,
I do not get an option to annex and it goes straight to puppet. I can annex if I go to the strategic map and click on the city name.
Any ideas?
Thx

hi, we try to use EUI mod, but we use MMPatch for use civ5 mod in multiplayer, but there is manifest uncompatibility between both...

Someone know how to prevent the problem? or know another method to activate mod in multiplayer with EUI compatibility?

thx you

Hey there! I upgraded to v1.29i from 1.28 due to stability issues in the later game but I'm running into the following issue. When I leave the city screen the map is still highlighted in green/blue/purple as to indicate which tiles are being worked. When I mouse over the city name the green highlight disappears, but the blue/purple ones remain. I was wondering if there was a fix for the highlighting of the tiles after leaving the city screen. Many thanks!

Thanks for the great mod, couldn't play without it.

Attachments

• 20230204102951_1.jpg
    20230204102951_1.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20230204102959_1.jpg
    20230204102959_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 90
Top Bottom