1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Zombie Island 2: The Remake

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by KingArthur, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Bluemofia... well, the new version is not ready yet but IF Multi-player works for the current uploaded version, I believe it will also work for the new version.

2. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Alright, we'll be starting it with the version I have then.

3. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Oh yeah, something I noticed: The Makou cannon has enough teleport range to go to the radio station, so the Authorities or Company can win via a VP victory.

4. Vuldacon

Bluemofia... No they cannot. Yes, it could be Beamed there but No Points...that requires a Foot Unit :) IF anyone Places it on the TV Station, there it will stay because the TV Station is Not a Building with a "Sewer Access" that is required to be able to Beam, teleport or Airdrop units.

5. jony_malcatra

jony_malcatra Chieftain

Hi, how can you do this buildings in this first spoil picture? Is it possible to make the image of the mine to be like this buildings in a normal scenario(not zombie)? Then we would be able to make metropolis, the real city on the center and the mines around. The mines would be theese buildings, making it appear like a real big city.
    Thanks.

6. Vuldacon

jony_malcatra... I do not know what buildings you are wanting to replace the Mines with but Yes you could make and set the Buildings images in place of the Mines on your "TerrainBuildings.PCX" file that is located in your Art\ Terrain Folder. They would however be very small and probably Not what you would want.

7. RedwallFortress

RedwallFortress Necromancer Emperor

At what Difficulty (and Aggressiveness) level is the Scenario meant to be played?

8. Vuldacon

The Default is 12A and Normal Aggression... You can otherwise play what ever level or aggression you like.

9. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

Can't wait for the next version.

10. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

Ok, I guess an update on the PBEM so far.

We are around 30 turns into the game by now. We each (not farmers) have taken at least 3 buildings each, except the survivors 4. The Zombies have the Church, Adventure Island, Factory, Conference Center, Hardware Store, Yacht Association place, Detective Agency, Cinema, and the Research Center left.

The Company (The Omega) has taken the Executive Club, the Airport (evil...), and the White Sands Hotel.
    The Authorities (my brother) has taken the Armory, the Bank, and the Boot Camp.
    The Survivors (me) has taken the Graveyard, the Fast Food Joint, the Gentleman's Club, and that place where Jeff Moris lives.
    The Farmers don't do much as usual.

The Zombies have pretty much just exist to slow us down from our inevitable goal of conquering each other, and aren't really doing a good job at that either.

11. WilliamOfOrange

WilliamOfOrange King

Hey guys,

I have been away from the CIV3 world lately, but I never stopped thinking about EFZI.

My friend stumbled upon this the other day on a university website.

When Zombies Attack!: Mathematical Modeling of an Outbreak of Zombie Infection

http://www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf

A paper written that cites both Night of the Living Dead and a paper on Impulsive Differential Equations.

What else can I say but, enjoy! :lol:

12. Vuldacon

... Just a Long over due post to inform everyone that I am still working on the Final Version for EFZI2. I Plan to call it "EFZI2 Complete".
    This past year was extreme doing a Great Deal of work on AoI and CCM as well as helping people with their requests.

I have spent the last couple of months test playing and adjusting what is now in the game.

I want to make several more units and then Test Play each Faction to make sure all are as I want them to be.

Each Faction will require at least one month to Test Play and adjust, If all goes well. This leaves me with little time before that to complete the units I really want in this Final Version.

So much has been added to the game now that it might as well be a new game... but because it still keeps the basics, it is indeed a continuation... Extreme but a continuation :lol:

I plan to complete the game this year so Hang in there Zombie Friends, I am working on it.

Just so you know, the game as it is now is Fantastic! Just play testing has been Astonishing, (Three Years of additions and perfections). I want this Final Version to be as Excellent as I can make it to do justice to the game and all of you who probably have wondered if I will actually complete this Final Version.
    I promise I will complete it and it will certainly have my "stamp of approval" and nothing less but please keep in mind that I am doing everything in it alone.

I will be Happy if I have all things accomplished and the game uploaded by next Christmas but I already know you will like the additions ...Super Power and Great Fun :)

...hmmmmm, perhaps I should call this "EFZI2 Revenge" :lol:

13. Wolfhart

Wolfhart The Last in Line

I am really, REALLY looking forward to this release! I've played all previous and the present incarnations of EFZI so many times, sometimes with my own additions and modifications, and I still do regularily, with or without co-players.

14. Vuldacon

Wolfhart... it is Really Great to know you like this game.
    You are in for many Major Surprises compared to the previous release.
    New Units, New "Key Locations" New interface and Text, etc... Just too many thing to state here and yet you will recognize the game as EFZI2. A Larger Map is just one improvement :)

This will be a Huge Power Game that will allow Players to Stomp Zombies and at the same time, Zombies have BIG Power right back at you.

As usual, "Bombardment" (Shoot) play has been difficult to balance but all is going very well and I hope to be back finishing the Farmer unit I started last year :lol:

No Matter what Great Units or additions are added to the game, the Game Play is by far the most important factor.

15. MutieMoe

MutieMoe Chieftain

Great mod, it has this great campy feel like in classic B-movies such asThe Return of the Living Dead or Lucio Fulci's Zombie. I absolutely adore playing the farmer faction. :D

16. Vuldacon

MutieMoe... Thanks, I am back working full time to expand and finish "EFZI2 Complete".
    OLE Farmer Zeb really likes his Exploding Sheep...me too :)

17. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Thank you for all your hard work on this, Vuldacon. Your incredible attention to detail and careful perfectionism have made this scenario what it is, which means we can be confident that the final version really will be something to look forward to.

18. Vuldacon

Thanks for the kind words Plotinus.
    Just so you know, the Zombies still have the Zombie Nurse School at the Hospital and now build "Zombie Nurse Stations" in all of their buildings to auto-produce Zombie Nurses throughout the game. I have also added Zombie Doghouses and Mutant Doghouses as improvements for the Zombies that Auto-produce the Zombie Dogs and Mutant Dogs so those units are more controlled in the game now. This prevents Hordes of only Dogs, yet continues to provide many of them.

I just added “Hellbound Express” and “Hellbound Express 2". They are Key Locations for the Zombies that Auto-produce “Evil Transports”... Ships for the Zombies from Both “Adventure Island” and a New Island called “Jungle Island”.
    The Human Factions can rescue "Captain Spiff" at the Aerospace Center and Upgrade him to "Captain Spiff Powerpacked". Powerful Unit. The Tardis is also in the Game and is probably The Most Powerful Unit in the Game other than the "Annihilator". Many more Zombie Units now use the Sewers, YIKES! :lol:
    Many more Key Locations, Improvements and Units for all factions. The Map is much larger now.

Just too many new things in the game to state but all is coming along well.
    The game is far more powerful for both the Human Factions and the Zombies now. Game Testing all last month and adjustments have provided intense play from start to finish with many surprises :)
    ...Once I have the game play basically where I am satisfied, I will get back to work making more units I intend to add. Naturally, each Faction will have to be Game Tested many times before the Release but that will be done after all new additions have been added.

19. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

So we finally can get across the channel to the mainland?

20. Vuldacon

As the Survivors, Yes or you can choose to stay and and battle it out with Over Kill Power... Revenge is So Sweet :lol: