esrb rating

techathon

what do yall think the esrb will be. Do you think they will add a drug resorce, make it more violent or do you think theyll shoot for an E rating?

I can't imagine it getting more than a T rating. That said, I think ESRB ratings are ridiculous. Life is way more mature than most games.

If they continue to sexify the female leaders like they did with Miss Cleo from Civ Rev, they just might lose the E rating. Oh and don't forget the combat. We wouldn't want our kids shooting arrows across lakes.

I believe it will remain E10+ for:

-Mild Suggestive Themes
-Cartoon Violence/Violence
-Intense Situations

Reminds me of Avatar, given a PG13 rating because of "Intense epic battle situations"

Or any number of Disneyfied films which feature "mild peril". Pass the sick-bag, someone.

Personally I think they'll try to aim for the E10+ or E12+ or whatever it was for CivIV. I think they always tried to make it as reasonably low as possible to extend their market. And frankly I don't think that's too unreasonable - the game's focus is not necessarily on guts and gore and blood flying over all the place, unlike some other more military-focused games, so, yeah.

I think it would be E10+ to Teen in the USA and their equivalent in other countries by their respective groups.

Sure, Civilization always was perfectly suitable for children of all ages. Nothing violent or wrong in this game. At all.

Totally natural, of course. I think that natural things, like boobies (yeah, just watched that preview video) and mushroom clouds should be free of social prejudice. And available to everyone.

Well, if there were more boobies available to the masses, then there would be less mushroom clouds to worry about :)

what do yall think the esrb will be. Do you think they will add a drug resorce, make it more violent or do you think theyll shoot for an E rating?

I'd love it but I'm sure not gonna happen. No Opium wars for us :) And no random events "Alexander (under influence) gifted three cities to Caesar" caused by too many weed resources within a single empire.

I don't see the need for them to try to keep an E rating. It's not as if there's a bunch of 6 year olds playing Civ whose mom's won't let them play a 'T' game or anything like that. It's pretty much just teenagers and adults.

I'm hoping for an "M". The more risque it is, the larger crowd it will attract. Which in turn will generate more money for an even better CivVI. :). It would be kind of neat if leaders could go under the influence of substances (Alexander gifting cities to Caesar). Think of the new dynamics that would open up in diplomacy :lol:. All joking aside, I don't pay much attention to the ratings, so I don't really care too much what it is rated.

Top Bottom