Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Yeah i know but the whole premise behind this mod is that there arent any new units, just flavourful replacements of old ones...
Spies dont come til quite late in the game, by which time i dont think ninjas would be quite appropriate lol

The Hungry Hun said:
This makes no sense to me. Why does the English civ have none of the north european unit skins but the others do? Do I have to patch 2.22 to fix this?
There is no patch 2.22. If you're referring to version 2.2 then the English should have a mix of caucasian and celtic styles, all except the caucasian war elephant that was added in 2.35. Did you modify the "CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml" file? Maybe you're using a custom one in CustomAssets? That would be the only reason why English don't have the new units but others do. Try just grabbing the file from the zip and putting it in again, overwriting whatever you have in there (XML/Civilizations folder).

Has anyone else encountered something like this before?

Hmph. I can't seem to find the file. It would be in the 2.2 zip file, right?
I also have both a Warlords_Assets file and a Assets_Warlords file. Am I supposed to?

The Hungry Hun said:
Hmph. I can't seem to find the file. It would be in the 2.2 zip file, right?
I also have both a Warlords_Assets file and a Assets_Warlords file. Am I supposed to?
I sent you a PM.

strategyonly said:
I got the PIGs in my MOD but they are PINK/PINK and no eyes, it that the way they are supposed to be? or am i missing some files??
Aren't pigs suppose to pink? ;) Seriously though, sounds like you're missing the textures. Oh and btw, what pigs? There are no pigs in EDU... did I miss a memo? :D

He probably means my pig unit, and I'd agree, sounds like a missing .dds

Thank you for this MOD. It seems to be that some dds files are missing from the 2.2 version, such as Swordman_Arabian and WarElephant_Caucasian. Did I miss something...like need to download earlier version?

boazman said:
Thank you for this MOD. It seems to be that some dds files are missing from the 2.2 version, such as Swordman_Arabian and WarElephant_Caucasian. Did I miss something...like need to download earlier version?
I'm pretty sure the files are there. Double check that you unzipped everything and followed the installation instructions. If you still can't solve it send me a PM and we'll try to figure it out.

Okay guys, I know it's been a while since I updated this mod, and unfortunately it'll be another few weeks before I release the next update. So in the meantime here is a small preview of some of the units you'll see in the next version.

Plus a sweet bonus render :D

Cheers

Now this makes the wait even longer and harder with these awesome previews. I hope you're spending as much time on these units as you are on photoshopping.;)

plz help me, i'm trying to install this mod for warlords but i'm unsuccesful followng ur instrutions, ican get the 2.2 version workin, but i'm lost at how am i suppose to patch it, do i delete some files or not? which xml do i pu where, plz help

nevermind i finally figured it out, but i do hav a question. in ur next update will u put some new modern units such as modern tanks, copters, and ships?

Lord Dom said:
nevermind i finally figured it out, but i do hav a question. in ur next update will u put some new modern units such as modern tanks, copters, and ships?
No. I will add modern units in later patches but not the next one. If you're interested in modern units you should check out snafusmith's excellent modern warfare mod. It combines EDU with a whole bunch of modern units.

Any chance of adding in the african units and japanese units done by Sezereth and your Ship of the Line White Rabbit?
African units are in. Don't know about the japanese units, for one they are strictly japanese and I'd like to use more generic asian units just so I don't end up with a japanese and a chinese styles, also they seem a bit too fantasy-like to me. Anyway, I'll take a look and figure it out. Ship of the Line is also gonna be in.

Top Bottom