• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Europa Europa Deluxe: European Empires Mod 1525-1800

Gotcha, things take time.
As for L,E,F, it could replace populism I suppose.
Although the 'future tech' idea might work as well.

Do you think we could balence having 5 civics per category?

I think that 5 civics is too much for many of the categories... there just aren't enough civics for that time period for each category.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that this mod isn't dead... I've just been too busy to do anything on it the past few weeks.

You're talking about more than 20 civs. I have 512 mb ram so would it be laggy ? If it'll be so will you release a smaller version of your mod as you've done in EE3 ?

anyway, map will have standart size...

Thanks ArbitaryGuy for all the work you are doing. I've always liked your mod the most. I can't wait for this new version!!

Euroooooopaa, europa europa euroooooopaaaa
(bump)

Can we have diplomatic relations with minor civs? IMO It'd be better .

I'm not sure that this is possible, and if it is, it makes minor civs nearly equivalent to the game's main civs, only players can't choose them. In this case, the diplomatic calculations that go on each turn increase tremendously and this causes really slow performance.

Rhye, in his mod (Rhye's and Fall of Civilization) has a good system where minor nations are at peace with neighbours until declared war on. Then, if there are several turns without conflict between the minor and major civs, peace is automatically declared. The attractiveness of this is that you get peace/war relations with minor civs, while at the same time, avoiding slow mod performance.

Just in general to Arbitrary Guy, the Europa Europa mod was one of my favourite Civ 4 mods. I loved the way it "included" the broader world, without it being part of the actual map. This was one of the massive improvements over other mods/scenarios, which kept things confined to one geographical area and completely ignored the rest of the world.

Since you mentioned in your last post that you've made little progress, I hope things pick up soon. A Warlords version of this map is at the very top of my wish list this year. I salute you for your fantastic ideas :king:!

I also wanted to add (regarding Rhye's approach to minor civs) that they are included in diplomatic dialogues.

For instance, Rome will ask me (as Carthage) to join them in their war against the Celts (a minor civ). You can even convince the Romans to enter into peace with them. The only difference is that you can't actually declare peace or contact minor civs yourself, meaning you need to wait for peace to be declared after a number of turns.

I hope this approach is considered with all the minor civs that are to be appearing in this mod :D!

Ia Ia Arbitrary Fhtagn, Ia Ia Arbitrary Fhtagn, Ia Ia Arbitrary Fhtagn !

Arise, Arise, ARISE

[bump]

:bump:
I love EE3 so i eager to see this mod completed :)

Arise, Arise, ARISE

[bump]

I miss talking and thinking about this mod, what happened?

Tis a pity.
Anyhow, the Placebo concert last week was great.

Is this project dead ? :(

Top Bottom