• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Europe Huge (362x362)

general m.

Chieftain
Here is a map I've been working on for quite some time. It is all of Europe as well as North Africa and Western Asia. I've tried to make it as accurate terrain-wise as I could. I'm sure it could be used, but it might even be too big for some scenarios!

Attachments

• General M. Europe Huge.zip
    166.1 KB · Views: 1,577
  • screenshot.bmp
    75.5 KB · Views: 3,574
:thumbsup: Not bad, general m. Not bad at all. One question: why haven't you gone further northwards? You could scrap part of Africa and still leave room for the whole of Scandnavia to fit in.

Wow! Although if I were going to make a comment, I'd say cut off more of Scandinavia and get the whole of Arabia in there, so we could sail from Nubia to Persia if we wanted to... ...but I'd never make a comment like that. ;) I'd download the map instead! :D

On Saturday March 6th a game of Civ 3 on the new Huge European map crashed and burned on the pyramids. A once thriving world brought to blazing ruins by errant coding.

Basically, the Americans completed the pyramids, but when I went to look at the results the game crashed to desk. This has happened a total of three times.

I'd upload it to the file database if I were you. That way, you'd get more hits from people browsing the file DB.

Who's 'we'? Speak for yourself. All th files created by use are done to suit our personal needs, unless it's at another usr's request.

Hmmm, looks very good to use for the Greek and Roman periods, and also the Middle Ages and the Crusades. Have to download and put in editor for a closer look.

:thumbsup: Not bad, general m. Not bad at all. One question: why haven't you gone further northwards? You could scrap part of Africa and still leave room for the whole of Scandnavia to fit in.

Actually, originally I wanted to do just that. However, since Scandinavia was one of the last regions that I made, when I tried to fit it all on the map, it ended up squishing it really badly, so I just decided to scrap the northern part. It was either that or basically start from the beginning.

This is a very interesting map. Thank you for doing it. :)

But to be of real use (let´s say for a WW 2 scenario), there must be a naval access from the Atlantic to Murmansk (and may be Archangelsk). May be the southern part with lots of desert tiles can be compressed a little bit to allow a compressed northern part, too?

Top Bottom