European Civ 1.1 [Warlords]

Dionysius said:
i notice rice in the Po valley...
maybe add wonders like broadway that give
foreign resources? and some sort of Silk road
for persia and eastern europe.

However the map is that of the WWI scenario's, with some changes and also to make in the future.
In Piedmont there are immense rice fields.

tahnkout said:
thanx for anwering italicus, I very appreciate what you are doing and looking forward to play your game when everything you have restyled.

Another suggestion for the Ottomans (for I am Turkish), we did not started at the middle of anatolia... we started with settling down at Malazgirt which is east of anatolia (east middle)... the location where now the Ottomans start is Ankara (I guess)... Well of course you can chose to start the Ottomans from the location of Istanbul anyway, which is also the original starting location of Warlords.. the choice is yours... Rice in Po is also not very satisfying but you already said that you will restyle the map so I wait wait wait wait wai.... :)

I am Italian, and in the piemonte I assure you that rice is cultivated. ;)
http://www.regione.piemonte.it/agri/ita/agridata/aziendeagricole/dwd/elaborazione/piemonteriso.pdf

onedreamer said:
Why should Italy called Roman empire, or vice versa ?

Because Italy is the heir of the Roman Empire. Who knows the history he knows that Italy is the crib of the Roman tradition.

P.S.
Non so abbastanza bene l'inglese per sostenere una discussione di carattere storico con te, in questo forum, del resto ne abbiamo già parlato riguardo il mod di robomagic. Se non sei d'accordo con le mie scelte puoi cambiare a tuo piacimento i nomi, se userai gli italiani/romani...

Nice work Italicus, I'll download and try it up.

tahnkout said:
Well, I have tried this mod and noted quite a few problems:
1) Some of the civilizations have not an argument statement: For example when I first met the serbian leader, he does not greet me, the greeting statement is blank. There are only answer choices...

Maybe editing the GameInfo\CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml you can fix the Diplomacy Dialogues when the Ai plays this civ.
Just a guess...

PS: ci sono molti altri italiani registrati?

The diplomacy dialogues, and civilization name in to diplomacy screen, are fixed, and some units and flags are adds. But before publishing the next version, I would like to finish the scenario.

P.S.
Finora ho visto te, onedreamer, che non è mai d'accordo sul mio modo di giocare a civ :D, e rhye, che mi aiuta a fare i mod ed è uno molto addentro con la firefix da quanto ho capito.

Please don't forget the terrain bonuses and edition of the map...

tahnkout said:
to onedreamer, well if you say so than it should be added wheat to middle anatolia and wine to aegean region too. I didn't know there was rice in po valley. sorry about that :)

Italy is the country in the european continent that produces most rice and it is also of the best quality (but more expensive). I doubt we can say the same about wine in the aegean region (don't know about wheat in Anatolia).

@Italicus

Sorry I didn't remember I had discussed this with you. As you already know I disagree with the fact that Italy is the heir of the Roman Empire, there just isn't any heir, sadly. Anyways what I meant is why calling it Italy with roman empire as adjective, it's just not realistic.

Because I am proud to be Italian, I don't need to believe that I'm Roman. It's anti-Italian and a bit fascist to proclaim Italy as the heir of the Roman Empire. Italians are much more artistic and open minded than romans.

I will try the new version ASAP and make you know.

well, technically russia is the heir to the roman empire, or would be if the Romanovs werent executed.
Sophia Paeleologos, heir to the throne of recently fallen Constantinople, married into the Muscovite royal family, which went on to become the Russian
Empire. Moscow was for a time known as "Third Rome".

to onedreamer: if you do not believe what I said, you can surely make an investigation of wheat in Konya (middle anatolia) and green grapes of Izmir... Of course it is İtalicus' decision to plot the bonuses of the map, so I say no more...

I will download the 1.2 version and play... accusations and comments will be given after that :)

onedreamer said:
Because I am proud to be Italian, I don't need to believe that I'm Roman. It's anti-Italian and a bit fascist to proclaim Italy as the heir of the Roman Empire. Italians are much more artistic and open minded than romans.

I will try the new version ASAP and make you know.

Fascist will be you. However for me fascist and communist are offended similarly.
I am simply an Italian patriot and I affirm that Italy is the crib and the heir of Rome. If you doesn't like the military enterprises of the Romans, our ancestors, and you consider Italians arrived from a undiscovery country (which?) only because more "pacifists" :lol:, while instead after 476 we have been invaded and busy; it's a your problem.

Now, please, we speak of the new unities, of the new map, of the fixed errors, etc.

Well I tried the new version and was quiet surprised. I (of course) firstly played with the Ottomans. But as I saw that there was water on the tile I started, I couldn't hinder thinking I am at least one turn behind from other teams because I has to build my city on the nearby tile and make a choice whether I will be on Europe or Asia. I made my choice on Asia and went to the tile that had Dye. So at the start it was a negative but I thank you Italicus for the realism of the map (and perhaps Rhye?). But as I said before, you could had bind the two continents together with Istanbul if you gave the Ottomans a starting location there. So Istanbul would be the connection point between them. I would prefer that...
The new (big-gigante in italian right?) map is awesome. I looked with the world builder feature and saw that it has indeed wine in aegea but not wheat in Konya (that's your choice- I'm completely at your side), Oil in the desserts of Arabia etc...
Because the new map is gigantic, my computer was slower in every turn (maybe 10-20 seconds). But that was not a problem for me, I use to play while I'm watching TV..:)
Buddhism in Romania... Well eerr... this is not very realistic is it? Can you imagine Count Dracula (Draculia - Drakulia???) to be a Buddhist, monk? Heheheh! :) In my opinion the religions Buddhism, Hinduism, Conficianism, Pasifism should be changed. But it is your game and if you want to keep all possibilities, it is your choice...
Starting locations... I also played with Greeks. Greeks have a very powerful starting location while Istanbul cannot even collect 10 hammers!!! As the second Roman capital - Istanbul should have a more "working" tile in my opinion.
The same bug that I mentioned about the "Name - Name" instead of "Nation - Name" in the diplomacy screen also applies to Bismarck and the red colored guy (I forgot the name)...
As for the Roman subject, I see the Italians to be the grandson of the Roman Empire - as Musolini had said it (no offence Italicus). But that makes Italicus not fascist. Because since the Roman Empire has passed, both the Germans and French wanted to have that title for themselves. It was an honorable title and surely it is nowadays. We are also the heir of the Ottoman Empire but that makes me not fascist but loyal and truehearted.

With peace...

Well, the religions will are fixed in the scenario that I am doing on the WWI, but it would be foolish to leave only Christianity and Islam in such a great map. I am not able of to do new religions and those that I have seen in the other mods they seem me made bad...

Do you believe that Instanbul is in an unfavorable position? however the starting point of the Ottomans is in the central anatolia, for Ankara... It should develop a kind of run among Greek, Romanians and Turks for Instanbul. :D

At least in the clean map, as after all also for me, with the Romans, it is a run to occupy the Alpi, and I rarely I succeed. In the scenario it would be different, the cities are already built...

Long life and prosper...

Italicus, the starting location is at the sea of Istanbul for Ottomans, please fix that bug

well which scenario are you mentioning by the way? Do you mean that you will make a scenario for this map or another?

Hmm, when i play warlord edition, i only get 1 leader per civ. should that be so?

Top Bottom