1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Even Moar Units: Poland 2.1

Adds Chosen Infantry and Uhlan units to Poland. Plus Janissary if Suzerain of Preslav or Yerevan.

1. NameArleadyUsed

NameArleadyUsed Chieftain

I have an idea for new polish unique unit.
    Some info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosynierzy
    Name: Kosynierzy (name does not have english equivalent; sometimes translated to "scythe-bearing peasant recruit" or simple "scythe bearers")
    Tech: Military Science (along with Uhlans)
    Spoiler some info :
    1794 was the first time Kosynierzy was incorporated into regular army (though they formed "regional militia" earlier). They constituted about 20% of the Kościuszko Insurection (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kościuszko_Uprising#Uprising) troops. They actively participated in later uprisings till 1864. Single unit (from city of Gdynia) has been even created at break of WW2.

Cost: 40, -1 population (just like settler), no resource
    Spoiler Why? :
    I was messing with SQL and I found PopulationCost in Units table. That new unit was my fist thought about what I found. Kosyniezrzy were recruited from peasants. They were equipped with regional outfit and their own scyhes which required simple re-forging.

Maintenance: 1 (They were peasants fighting for freedom and does not taken any pay.)
    Formation: anti-cavarly
    Spoiler :
    Due to little training they mainly enforced rearguard during the battle, preventing from enemy cavarly flanking.

Combat:
    • 47 (so they would not actually counter even for light cavarly, but wait for the unique ability!)
    • -10 against infantry troops, beyond the normal one (in fact they should loose with musketmen)
    • +3 against range units
      Spoiler :
      Kosynierzy effectively neutralized field cannons in both Battle of Racławice (1794) and Battle of Węgrów (1863). It actually became national symbol of identification of that formation. The man about which you can read in EN wiki has become a national hero because he used his own hat to put out the fuse of russian cannon
    Unique ability: Double combat bonus from great generals
    Spoiler :
    Kościuszko himself led the attack of Kosynierzy at russian baterries.

Spoiler Unique ability balance info :
    It wold actually make them valuable anti-cavarly unit, but I think that even with this bonus they should at best tie with infantry so little balance to anti-infantry penalty may be required.

Second unique ability (wasn't in my first idea but the longer I look at Autralia, the more I think it could be a nice feature): When player get DOW-ed and is currently in industrial era then few free units appear near the capital (what a nice coincidence it is Kraków :smug:) without population drop.
    ===========================================
    Some images (and more comprehensive than english wiki info, but in one complicated language:D) can be found here: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosynierzy
    Spoiler ...and here :

Uff... time to sum up.
    Main idea (besides letting my own people to fight for their borders) is to create a cheap unit but not without side-effects of that cheapness.
    Unique abilities would let feel the historical acurracy of the formation - untrained mob known of its bravery and efficiency when led by a right person.
    So in certain situations they could :deadhorse: but due to requirement of great general to be effective they would not be "overused" in gameplay. I'd say "self-balancing".

Yes, I know there is no unit for Kosynierzy to replace, so they could be a little like civ V landsknechts:
    • not upgrading from anything
    • upgrading to AT Crew or Modern Infantry (but preserve anti-cavarly upgrade tree)
    Plus it could be great opportunity to fill the gap in AT units tree.
    I hope you find this as fine and exciting :sleep: idea as I do and valuable enough to inlcude in your mod in more or less distant future.
    :queen:Jadwiga would be very contented.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. HAPPYWORLD

HAPPYWORLD Chieftain

3. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Chieftain

A very nice addition to the game! Nice to see you still modding Civilization after all these years :)

4. NameArleadyUsed

NameArleadyUsed Chieftain

:bump:ing in effort to ask for making it Summer Patch compatible. Trying to access Janisary in civilopedia (e.g. by right-clicking unit icon) causes CTD.

5. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

This will be coming soon. Just waiting on a new icon for the Janissary.

NameArleadyUsed likes this.
  6. Deliverator

7. Deliverator

8. Deliverator

9. Deliverator

10. Deliverator

11. Deliverator

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Chieftain

Trying to find ..\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FontIcons.xml to add in the Janissary resource icon (just got the summer patch on Mac) and the file's not there anymore.

All I'm seeing is ..\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons\FontIcons.xml and the format is different:

<Row Name="RESOURCE_JADE" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_6" Index="75"/>

Soooo... how would I go about adding the icon for Devshirme at this point? Any ideas?

13. Deliverator

Yeah, that's out of date now post-summer patch - font icons can now be updated via mods. I need to upload the latest Steam version here I think - that has the font icon implemented.

14. Deliverator

15. Deliverator

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  16. Deliverator

Clubber Lang likes this.