Existing Buildings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Even though I use Advanced Economy always, the whole point of the buildings is that it takes active investment to build them. That was what the whole "increase the cost of buildings" thing was about.

Having to build a building that gives you nothing more than the building that has just gone obsolete because you researched a tech is a nonsense. When the quern went obsolete all my cities stopped building Bakeries because I no longer had flour!

Having to build a building that gives you nothing more than the building that has just gone obsolete because you researched a tech is a nonsense. When the quern went obsolete all my cities stopped building Bakeries because I no longer had flour!

Actually that's a bug. I will have to fix that.

EDIT: Fixed it so the quern upgrades the 4 types of mills and goes obsolete at Industrialism.

I've always wondered...why does the dog breeder give a health? Is it because of their psychological effects, or something?

Seems slightly contrived, if so. In my opinion, of course.

I've always wondered...why does the dog breeder give a health? Is it because of their psychological effects, or something?

Seems slightly contrived, if so. In my opinion, of course.

That and they can reduce vermin, such as terrier breeds. Likewise they can ward off dangerous predators. Overall dogs have given mankind a boost in improved lifestyle. Note that Cats also give a :health: for the anti-vermin and psychological effects reasons too.

1) I think Health Spa should decrese disease. (and the great doc Spezialist as well)

2) Ice house should also decrese diseases.

3) All Parks and Groves should reduce Air Pollution.

4) Townhall (and other Admin Buildings) should add stability.

5) City Gatehouse should reduce Crime

1) I think Health Spa should decrese disease. (and the great doc Spezialist as well)

2) Ice house should also decrese diseases.

3) All Parks and Groves should reduce Air Pollution.

4) Townhall (and other Admin Buildings) should add stability.

5) City Gatehouse should reduce Crime

I agree with all of these points. Hydro, what say you?

1. That's up to DH to change since those are his things.

2. I agree and plan to change.

3. I thought they were already that way. I will have to check them. If they are not I will fix.

4. Probably a good idea.

5. I thought they did. I will fix if they did not.

EDIT: I checked the Grove, Castle Garden and City Park and they all reduce Air Pollution already.

Button mushroom gather and another mushroom both have had the +1 :yuck: removed, but not the Morel. It still has +1 :yuck:. Oversight perhaps.

JosEPh

Button mushroom gather and another mushroom both have had the +1 :yuck: removed, but not the Morel. It still has +1 :yuck:. Oversight perhaps.

JosEPh

The fungiculture buildings each have their own stats. Morel mushrooms are dangerous to eat (if not cooked properly) which is why the +1:yuck:. Thus some have +1:yuck: and some have +1:health:. It all depends on the mushroom species. Some are harmful, some are neutral and some actually can help heal.

The fungiculture buildings each have their own stats. Morel mushrooms are dangerous to eat (if not cooked properly) which is why the +1:yuck:. <snip>

I pick and eat Morels every year. They are not dangerous. Bad info I think.

JosEPh

I don't know. This was the source I used. I can change it if you think its wrong. I have not encountered them in real life. I assume you know better if you say you have picked them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morchella#Toxicity

Toxicity
Morels contain small amounts of hydrazine toxins that are removed by thorough cooking; morel mushrooms should never be eaten raw. It has been reported that even cooked morels can sometimes cause mild intoxication symptoms when consumed with alcohol.

When eating this mushroom for the first time it is wise to consume a small amount to minimize any allergic reaction. Morels for consumption must be clean and free of decay.

Morels growing in old apple orchards that had been treated with the insecticide lead arsenate may accumulate levels of toxic lead and arsenic that are unhealthy for human consumption.

Well around here you don't find Morels around apple Orchards you find them around young stands of elm trees.

No I've never eaten Any mushroom raw.

And the only intoxication I've experienced is wanting more when the platter is empty. :D

Morel picking and consumption is Big time activity in Missouri and Illinois. If you find a sweet spot, like a co worker of mine did several years ago, a Back pack full of morels sold for over $800. Now the morels from Mexico and down south I've never had.

I just thought it odd that the 3 mushrooms available to me in my current game, Button, Hedgehog, and Morel, only the Morel had the :yuck:.

What does it take to get the other mushrooms?

JosEPh

Thanks Joe. I will remove the unhealth from it.

What does it take to get the other mushrooms?

Just look up in the pedia. If you look under fungiculture it lists all the types you can build. If you hover over their pictures or click them they will tell you which combos of Mushroom + something = a type of mushroom or other fungi.

Note there are around 20 different ones. So forgive me if I don't remember which combo I made back when I was designing them.

EDIT: I checked the Grove, Castle Garden and City Park and they all reduce Air Pollution already.

Thx for the changings :)
I now some of the Parks did, but what about Bamboo Grove? And I think there are some more.

By the way: Why do Bathouse and Walls have Wonder-Movies?

I now some of the Parks did, but what about Bamboo Grove? And I think there are some more.

Hmm. I will have to think about that. I don't give all the types of farms water pollution through. Even though I probably should since the farm improvements do. I would rather keep the "crop" buildings like a farm or bamboo grove neutral.

By the way: Why do Bathouse and Walls have Wonder-Movies?
I have no idea.

I've been compiling a list of some more minor building suggestions. Let me know what you think of these.

Alchemist's Lab
I don't think this should coexist with Chemistry Lab. The two can be together between the discovery of Chemistry and the discovery of Scientific Method (obsoletes Alchemist's Lab). I'd suggest either moving the Alchemist's Lab obsoleting to Chemistry or have the Chemistry Lab replace the Alchemist's Lab.

Bronzesmith, Coppersmith, Ironsmith
I feel these buildings should probably go obsolete or be superseded by the time you get to the Foundry. I can see a drawback in cutting off the Bullion resource -- is it necessary for anything other than the Jeweler? I personally don't think of Iron as being Bullion. Perhaps we should add a Bullion resource to the Foundry. I wouldn't do this to the Goldsmith or Silversmith as I see those as more art than production.

Construction Firm
This should probably form a building line with Surveyor's Office. I would also then raise Construction Firm's bonus to +25% building production (it would still be less than the +35% from Surveyor's Office and Construction Firm together).

Sewer System
Disease: -10/turn
Water Pollution: -5/turn
I think Sewer System, because it removes waste and keeps it apart from water supplies, should have a major impact on both disease and water pollution.

Workhouse
Crime: -5/turn
I think that the Workhouse, as a place for both punishing criminals and as work for those who would otherwise turn to crime, should have an impact on reducing crime.

@Hydro,
Thanks for the change. I know I shouldn't have asked about how to get the other kinds.
I don't give all the types of farms water pollution through. Even though I probably should since the farm improvements do.
Umm... don't think I like or agree with the last statement 100%.

@Vokarya,
I like these suggestions.

JosEPh

Two more suggestions:

Caravan Post
Add Oxen Farm to the list of possible prerequisite buildings. Oxen can pull caravan wagons.

Mech Assembly Plant
Change the advisor from ADVISOR_ECONOMY to ADVISOR_MILITARY. The Mech Assembly Plant is not an Economy building. It provides 1 Engineer slot, 1 Scientist slot, and allows you to build Mech units. It has no production or gold bonuses. That, to me, says it should be a military building. Putting it as ADVISOR_ECONOMY causes it to show up a lot in the endgame building recommendations when I usually have no intention of building it, because the recommendations are always one military item and one other, and I don't like everything else getting crowded out by the Mech Assembly Plant that I don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom