Experimental Graphical features

I can't make it much more darker because it would make the left side of the mountain become completely black due to a weird shader that is used in the game.
More snow is possible but I think I should avoid having too much white as it can quickly become glaring.

Edit: I will tinker a bit more with it to see if I can get it closer to that pic. you referred to.

Edit: Next on my agenda is river art.

Have I taken the branching too far? 2015-10-27_00001.jpg

Updated terrain graphics pack.

-MipMaped all textures (performance-boost)
-Added peaks, rivers & floodplains.

-I think I fixed SO's and DH's issue with white lines in water. Would be nice if this got checked & hopefully confirmed.

Damn it; I would like a screen-shot of yours and SO's graphic option settings; perhaps the reason for the white lines get clearer then, and perhaps it enables me to reproduce it here.

No offense, but i dont like the grass looks at all, not meaning the details, just the color. sorry
I will test and see if a brighter green may work for grass; as long as it's easy to differentiate it from the bright-green lush terrain.

Edit:
Updated terrain graphic pack

In the last update I forgot to add the xml that makes the new river and flood plains textures work in-game.

Last edited:
I will test and see if a brighter green may work for grass; as long as it's easy to differentiate it from the bright-green lush terrain.

Yeah talking about that, i have never even heard of a LINE green grass??

I don't know why I am the base line but I have been able to play with your graphics for over 4 hours. I can only play for up to 5 minutes with the default.

I am having trouble seeing the improvements when the base terrain is grassland. The trails are also difficult to see on a number of terrains, including ones you haven't gotten to yet.;)

I don't know why I am the base line but I have been able to play with your graphics for over 4 hours. I can only play for up to 5 minutes with the default.
I think SO has decided that C2C base terrain should prioritize being easy on the eye; that way it will appeal to a bigger group. And we all know you are the first to say something if it's not easy on the eye.

Good to know that it at least is getting better for you. That must mean I'm doing something right here. ;)

True, but also, i really appreciate DH's opinion, and if he cant play for quite a few hours, then well, i am sure others are the same . .

Now for the last update, grass is better, but less brown, looks more like a dirty grass with mud?? pic 1, and cant see the forest hardly at all for certain types of forest that is. pic 2: lines are still there in the water?

Plains look darn close to desert, at least IMPO

Rivers look 100% better, nice!!!

grass is better, but less brown, looks more like a dirty grass with mud??
So you want grassland to be... more lush, or at least more uniform green; I'll see what I can do.
Plains look darn close to desert, at least IMPO
I think I'm satisfied with plains and probably won't change it anymore. When I get to changing desert they will look less similar.
pic 2: lines are still there in the water?
I have no idea what's causing it; does the problem persist with this attached water texture? (art/terrain/water/water.dds)
I removed the mip mapping from it. You must have the entire terrain graphic pack installed before trying the attached file, or else this test won't be worth much.

Edit: Updated terrain pack
  • Added new barren, scrub, rocky, desert and dunes.
  • Tweaked grass

Last edited:
Top Bottom