Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got back to my earlier game. I can't purchase Great Recon units by any means (I have the Exploration tree complete and I have the Reformation ability to purchase all Great People). I did get a Great Explorer thanks to the Belem Tower and annex the Cossacks. This had the unexpected effect of turning the city that was in their territory into a Barbarian City. Is that normal?

I changed the xp amount that scouts can earn to 100 from exploring and there is no way to buy the great recon units for me either and I think it has been good way to handle things. More reason to send the scouts exploring when you have no other way to get the great scout. I played in huge map and got two great scouts by simply exploring. They don't get any xp when they are embarked though. Is this meant to be? I think they should get xp whild embarked. This would be especially good with maps like arcipealago.

Will work on an ExCE update next, to fix the culture cost bug. So if there are any other outstanding issues seemingly related to ExCE, please let me know. On the note of which, how are munities? Still occuring too often?

Also, where is Sir Kesler??

I finally got back to my earlier game. I can't purchase Great Recon units by any means (I have the Exploration tree complete and I have the Reformation ability to purchase all Great People). I did get a Great Explorer thanks to the Belem Tower and annex the Cossacks. This had the unexpected effect of turning the city that was in their territory into a Barbarian City. Is that normal?

Might be a bug, or I might be thinking of Mercenary Contracts. Will think about what to do.

It seems like the Tribal Units (which are barbarians) probably spawned on top of the city. I'll add a check to prevent this.

I changed the xp amount that scouts can earn to 100 from exploring and there is no way to buy the great recon units for me either and I think it has been good way to handle things. More reason to send the scouts exploring when you have no other way to get the great scout. I played in huge map and got two great scouts by simply exploring. They don't get any xp when they are embarked though. Is this meant to be? I think they should get xp whild embarked. This would be especially good with maps like arcipealago.

I can't control how the XP works exactly, as its in the DLL, but I'll bump it up to 100 XP as a limit.

Only other issue I can think of is the conflict between CBP More Luxuries, ExCE and YNAEMP v24. The one where setup screen doesn't work.

It would be nice if there was a warning that a whole load of barbs appear when you annex a tribe. That was quite the surprise...

[Edit] Also, is there a way to make them not all stack on one tile when they spawn? Isn't that what JumpToNearestValidPlot is meant to do?

I mean you stole their land and enslaved their people. Did you expect them to give you hugs and luxury resources?

My thoughts precisely :p But I'll add a warning in the tooltip nonetheless.
EDIT: It already does! Chrisy confirmed for blind...

I, uh, I was needed? I've had nothing beneficial to add to the conversation.

I merely wondered where you'd gone to :p

ExCE v16:
  • Fixed an issue wherein Social Policy costs did not increase until after the first few policies had been taken.
  • Tribal Units will no longer spawn on top of each other when responding to annexation. They should also - hopefully - no longer spawn on cities.
  • Added note in the Annex Tribe tooltip that the Great Recon Unit must be at full HP to conduct the mission.
  • Increased the XP cap gained from uncovering fog of war to 100.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Scouts that upgraded into Archers did not become Great Recon Units at level 5.

Reedstilt had the excellent idea of allowing Great People to improve tiles with Tribal borders. However, because of way in which Tribal borders must be drawn, this is not possible.

I hadn't realized I had been MIA for so long :p I've been busy working my new summer job out of province, working with Hutterite colonies, which are essentially religious farming communities of Germanic descent who have been persecuted for the last 400 years or so. I'm essentially an intern for the company that sells products to two subgroups of Hutterites, Dariusleut's and Lehraleut's.

Two questions:

1) Can you annex tribes with Great Magistrates?
2) Could you improve tribe resources by having the great person expand on the tribe tile? (A better question would be what technical code problem prevents you from doing it as suggested)

I... Um... Ah...

Yeah, blind :p

Are there any ways you could make tribes more interactive? Maybe have them spawn barbs if you enter your territory, or buy land from them (relatively) peacefully. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to spend much time with them (whenever I've found one, CP:Events gives me a free Great Recon around the same time...), so I am just hypothesising. Especially when we think about Firaxian limitations...

Hello everyone,

Great work on the Mods JFD. I was enjoying my game until about turn 200 whereby my game now crashes every turn or two randomly.

I have noticed also if i try to develop an oak resource tile, the game crashes.

the list of mods I am using is below:

- Community Patch
- Community Balance Overhaul
- CSD for CBP
- CIv IV Diplo Feature
- More Luxuries
- COmmunity balance overhaul- compato files (no EUI)
- Custom advanced setup screen (v5)
- Infoaddict (v22)
- JFD's Cities in Development (v43)
- JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v9)
- JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v16)
- JFD;s Rise to Power (v24)
- Less warmonger Hate (v10)
- Quick Turns (v10)
- R.E.D Modpack (v27)
- R.E.d Xtreme (v27)

I have attached images of my datatbase and lua logs. I hope someone can help me with this problems its driving me nuts.

Attachments

• database.png
    database.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 57
  • lua part 1.png
    lua part 1.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 68
  • lua part 2.png
    lua part 2.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 62
  • lua part 3.png
    lua part 3.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 93
  • lua part 4.png
    lua part 4.png
    22 KB · Views: 62
Can ExCE be changed to work with TCM's new civs? I don't necessarily mean on a whole mod scale, I'd be happy just doing it on my end, or at least knowing which part of ExCE causes the problem so I can disable it.

at least knowing which part of ExCE causes the problem so I can disable it.

Since it's apparently a problem between the saving utilities of the two mods, you can't disable it in either mod without preventing the entire mod from working. So there really isn't one part you could remove.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark...

I said in Tarcisso's thread that I ran his WWI Civs without any issues. But then when I pile on top of them the Shang and Xia, which also use SaveUtils, there's a problem for me. Same goes for the six pack that Tarcisso just released. So I am wondering if TSL and SaveUtils can get along together in a small sample size, but once you start putting more and more together it confuses the game.

Not that it much matters, but I may test this theory today just for poops and giggles if anyone cares.

If you're having trouble with ExCE and the SaveUtils mods, try this:

Go into the ExCE folders and find the folder named "SaveUtils" (JFD's ExCE/Shared/Lua/Utilities).
Rename the "SaveUtils" folder to "Save_Utils".
Then open the modinfo file ("JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 17).MODINFO") in the first folder of the mod.
Search that file for "SaveUtils" (the original name of the folder).
It should find 4 entries at the bottom of the file section. Every instance of "SaveUtils" in that file, rename to "Save_Utils" (or whatever you renamed the folder).
Save that file. (Make sure you edit the modinfo file correctly otherwise you'll just be preventing ExCE's TSL which is the same problem as preventing SaveUtils).
Then try the mods together.

May or may not help, but no harm trying. The SaveUtils stuff in my mods seem to function after that and the print statements I added to the TSL files to check things show up as well, so I think both are working (though a more thorough test of both mods is likely needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom