Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mine is not damaged, and yet the annex button is nowhere to be found. There's no "found city" button either which did appear on a few units, but my current ones are missing it. Any ideas why? Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Well mine is not damaged, and yet the annex button is nowhere to be found. There's no "found city" button either which did appear on a few units, but my current ones are missing it. Any ideas why? Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Post Lua log.

'Found City' - being a vanilla mission - only shows up when you are on another continent.

Thank you for that, that is one mistery down.

Are there any special requirements to get the mission to annex those goddamn cossacks? :D Should they be outside of my borders or is it fine that they are fully in my borders at the moment?

I may be mixing something up... There are various Explorers, due to this mod and the Community Balance patch, but I am 100% sure I am using a Great person bought with faith.

I will look up how to get LUA log and get back. Thank you for all the help.

Take a screenshot of your Explorer and I'll be able to identify whether the conditions are correct for you to be able to annex the Cossacks. Everything worked the last time I checked.

The version of the community patch this mod depends on is v. 72, right?

EDIT: Also, did v. 15 not require the CBP? I used that version, and I don't remember needing the CBP.

Well, I tried that beta with the latest version of ExCE and at the beginning of the game, I have no settlers--and no other units at all. Naturally this means I immediately lose. Logs are attached.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    108.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Database.txt
    141 KB · Views: 55
Quick update to v17:
  • Removed Scented Fragrances Corp. This'll fix incompatibility with the latest VP.
  • Added the option for Barbarians to begin with all immunities ('JFD_EXCE_ATTRITION_CORE_BARBARIAN_IMMUNITY') (except Scurvy and Disease). With CID, the immunity promotions for enemy units will be hidden, as its otherwise a bit cluttered. Can change this if need be.

Trying the mod now, though it looks like I may still have the same issue. Is there anything else you want me to post regarding the problem that would help?

EDIT: Yep, still not working. Is there a version of this that doesn't require the Community Patch? I seem to remember v. 15 not requiring it.

EDIT2: Interestingly, it works with v. 69 of the Community Patch.

Trying the mod now, though it looks like I may still have the same issue. Is there anything else you want me to post regarding the problem that would help?

EDIT: Yep, still not working. Is there a version of this that doesn't require the Community Patch? I seem to remember v. 15 not requiring it.

EDIT2: Interestingly, it works with v. 69 of the Community Patch.

Are you sure that ExCE is causing your issue? Could be another mod.

Have Great Scouts etc been disabled for Community Balance Overhaul? Started a game and they don't seem to be working.

Nope, they should still be there.
EDIT: Checked. You're right, it's not working. Will take a look.

Alright, updated:

v18:
  • Changed the unit formation of the Explorer to resemble that of the Scout (instead of the Musketman).
  • Fixed an issue wherein Explorers and Adventurers could not upgrade into Great Explorers and Great Adventurers, respectively.

I turned off ExCE and it started working again, but I also turned off the Community Patch. Between this and my issues with the CTD, I'm wondering if I've got community patch issues.

What parts of ExCE are reliant on the Community Patch?

Nope, they should still be there.
EDIT: Checked. You're right, it's not working. Will take a look.

Alright, updated:

v18:
  • Changed the unit formation of the Explorer to resemble that of the Scout (instead of the Musketman).
  • Fixed an issue wherein Explorers and Adventurers could not upgrade into Great Explorers and Great Adventurers, respectively.

Awesome thanks!

Units being able to cross ice anytime before the Modern Era is just reaally unrealistic. The first expeditions to North/South poles didn't start until the begging of this time period. Could there be a tech requirement be added to this ability/promotion? I shouldn't be meeting the Aztecs as Ethiopia on a TSL Earth map in the Ancient Era..

The exposure to truly extreme arctic conditions should at least be a 50% kill before the Modern Era, and even then disabled anyway because the AI would just kill off their units.

Units being able to cross ice anytime before the Modern Era is just reaally unrealistic. The first expeditions to North/South poles didn't start until the begging of this time period. Could there be a tech requirement be added to this ability/promotion? I shouldn't be meeting the Aztecs as Ethiopia on a TSL Earth map in the Ancient Era..

The exposure to truly extreme arctic conditions should at least be a 50% kill before the Modern Era, and even then disabled anyway because the AI would just kill off their units.

Canada called. It wants its native peoples back.

Admittedly it would be nice if Ice shared the Snow attrition, since that would make some sense. However, limiting its crossing through tech wouldn't be representative of all cultures.

Canada called. It wants its native peoples back.

I'm of the opinion that snow and tundra tiles cover that sufficiently.

Admittedly it would be nice if Ice shared the Snow attrition, since that would make some sense. However, limiting its crossing through tech wouldn't be representative of all cultures.

At minimum it should. Ice in gameplay terms represent icebergs, i mean subs can dive under them. It doesn't help that they cover the entirety of the top and bottom of most mapscripts. However I'm not up on all cultures by any means. If there were any that went iceberg hopping before the Modern Era they could get that ability off the bat added to the Polar culture type in the Cultural Diversity mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom