1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Faerun

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by FramedArchitect, Dec 16, 2012.

1. tsf4

tsf4 Chieftain

Great news - thanks!

2. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

Just got a ctd finishing A Misers Misery? mission as Waterdeep, BNW edition. The one that costs gold and gives a shrine. Also I have no idea how to use the hero's teleport spell. Right clicking and left clicking to nothing.

3. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I finally got around to listening to this. I don't know why I was so reluctant to try your Faerun conversion mod, but after listening to it, I'm going to give it a spin . . . when I get home from work :(

4. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

Thanks for the report. Most recent version of v.13 will fix Blackstaff teleport.

5. FramedArchitect

You won't see many changes in game, but I did finally break down and rewrite a lot of the heroes event code; hopefully that will work more smoothly now.

Spoiler :

6. tsf4

tsf4 Chieftain

Hey Framed,

I'll post a save below, but using the newest update there is a small problem with quests involving the Moonshea Isles and potentially other natural wonders, since your hero cannot actually "land" on that tile. I took my hero Witch King around and around the 2 tiles of the wonder, and did not get the followup event. Also, the quest was still going even after the Turn by which it said it would stop. It also continued even though that hero had died, and my new witch king cannot get new quests.

Attached Files:

7. Mapolq

Mapolq Chieftain

About my map, I might go back to it. But it was made for an old version (v.8 I think), so I'll need to reconsider some things like resources.

I assume it would be very difficult or impossible to allow for dynamic choice of the civs in the scenario... but I have a few questions on things I'd change, but it'd be good to hear your take on it.

- Why did you remove the Durpari civ and replaced with Lantan? Even in your latest map, you could probably put Estagund there (and Durpar would be a few hexes away), while you had to increase the physical size of Lantan a lot in order to hold a civ. And the Durpari (especially is you consider the rest of the Shining Lands as well) are overall much more important as a nation than Lantan. I found it was well-represented as the city-state of Sambar.

- Is it problematic for some reason to have a larger map east-west? Since the number of cities is limited in your mod, it seems to me that huge expanses of land (or water) in certain places aren't necessarily a balance problem, and the map could be extended.

----

Now for more general map stuff that would need deeper modding, I have a few more suggestions, coming out of a Realms fan's perspective.

- Luruar (the Silver Marches) are a WAY more important political, military and magical force than Many-Arrows. I understand wanting to include an orc civ, but at least for me, in the Realms it just doesn't cut it. I would definitely make Luruar a civ and Many-Arrows a city-state.

- If seems odd for Zhengyi to be the ruler of Damara. I assume you wanted to put him there in order to balance evil/good civs, and therefore created a Damara/Vaasa amalgam. It would still make more sense for me if the amalgam was named "Vaasa" though.

- I don't understand why you put Taegan Nightwind as the ruler of Impiltur. I hadn't even heard of the guy, and looking at the info I can find, he never ruled Impiltur (correct me if I'm wrong). For a good/neutral-aligned Impiltur, you can have Queen Sambryl or (King) Imbrar II.

- Chult's ruler should probably be named "The Chosen of Ubtao", not "The Ubtao". Amn's ruler should probably be "The Council of Six", not "House Selemchant". Durpar's should be "The High Council", not "Durpar Traders". I'm wondering if there's a character or word limit, since your choices seem a bit arbitrary? Honestly ignorant about that.

I can probably go on about these things. Let me know if it is appreciated.

---

As for gameplay bugs... I played one game in v.12 as a neutral Amn and noticed a few issues. Specifically:

- The neutral alignment benefit Wisdom Campaign did not grant the +1 Faith in forests. It is odd, because it seems as if sometimes they do, sometimes not. It took me a while to notice, so I don't know much about what could be the issue. I don't know about Hunting Camps either as I didn't have any.

- Pastures don't seem to benefit from the Speak With Animals (+1 Weave) spell.

8. FramedArchitect

Latest version will clear up the mission problem. Quests and missions can only be triggered when a hero is not embarked (this is a response to the way embarking is handled by the game, not a design choice) and within two tiles of the target or quest giver. I included a script that always places sea Natural wonders near land, but there may, on rare occasions, be a situation where there is no way to land near the target tile (i.e. it's a foreign city or a mountain). If that's the case and you have accepted the mission you'll just have to run out the timer.

Great! Attach it in this thread when you're finished, so other users can try it out.

Thanks for your thoughts, but the time for decisions on civs and leaders is long past, and I doubt very much that I will make many changes to them in future. If I were to make changes, I would probably reduce the number of civs and have each one developed around a racial or cultural motif, instead of a political one.

Thanks for the reports. Regarding Wisdom campaign I think the help text may not be worded well. More accurately that should be: "+1 Divine Favor on both Forest Camps and Hunting Camps" Forest Camps are called Lumbermills in the base game.

9. BlaCkAdDa

BlaCkAdDa Chieftain

Hi there just tried this mod v12 BMW and for first. Time... Looks really good

Played as water deep couple if issues I think you might already be aware of

1 teleporting Khalben did nothing
    2 I got a crash to desktop when Kraken attacked my ship off Coast... Though it might have been something else immediately after

Finally how do you see where to go for hero quest after awarded on getting one i missed or it didn't show where to go

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. tsf4

tsf4 Chieftain

Looks like the Acolyte hero quest might be buggy - I had a CTD upon selecting the button to end the mission, which says it will give you an archer.

Edit: Another quest-related CTD. I brought my wizard up to the border of the city state and the game crashed while loading the quest.

11. FramedArchitect

I've finished off the Heroes and Items systems, and begun work on the quests. I've convinced Kat to cut the story basically in half, because I don't want to work on this scenario for the rest of my life! So we're probably looking at 200-300 Turns of pretty intense action. Will likely have the first half of the scenario up here by the end of July.

Now I need your help filling in the Items content! I'll take any suggestions for items, but here are some ground-rules:
    • Heroes can only equip three items
    • Heroes can only equip one item from each item class: Clothes (helms, gloves, pants, etc), Armor, Jewelry, Weapon, or Potion.
    • Items can enable any spell effect.
    • Items can be restricted to heroes by Class (Bard, Druid, etc), Alignment (good, neutral, evil), and Level or any combination thereof.
    • Items can be consumed (i.e. granted charges)
    • Items can grant any promotion or policy effect in any combination.
    • Items can add global yields (Gold, Happiness, Culture, Faith) that will benefit the entire Party of adventurers.
    • Items can be marked as "cursed" which permanently binds them to a specific hero
    • Items survive hero death and hero dismissal from party.
    • Items can be marked as Unique -- only one of these can spawn in any game
    • Items can be granted as quest rewards, purchased in Cities or looted from tiles
    • Item scrolls can be used to grant the whole party access to a spell (as in base mod).
    • Items can be marked as a "Quest Item" which cannot be equipped.

Items will largely take the place of normal promotions, so it's fine if they are "overpowered".

12. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Prince

boots of speed - move faster
    bracers armor class 3
    gauntlets of ogre power - increase strengh
    girdle of fire giant strength - same
    gloves of healing
    pearly white ioun stone - regenerate hit points
    reflectionshield+1 - reflect missiles back
    ring of fire resistance = 50% fire resist

see http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/ for more.

Attached Files:

13. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

2 bugs I noticed in v13, playing as Chondath: my cities don't seem to grow at all, they stay at size 1 and always say 5 turns to growth and also the Chessentan Flame Riders seem to be invisible except for the unit flag.

14. FramedArchitect

Final version of v.13 available for download in top post.

• Bugfix: Saves now function exactly as they do in the base game. Load from any save, including autosaves.
    • Bugfix: Evil victory now functions as described in Victory screen.
    • Bugfix: Defiance Belief now properly affects current Hero pilgrimage cooldown.
    • Bugfix: Hero event popups now able to display large blocks of text.
    • Bugfix: Hero event popup no longer causes CTD from stack overflow.
    • Bugfix: Hero events now truly random; you will rarely get the same mission.
    • Bugfix: Warmachines get all upgrades without racial choice.
    • Bugfix: Hero mission rewards can be triggered while embarked.
    • Bugfix: Free building on conquest properly applied.
    • Bugfix: Killing Mystra with ranged attacks now properly procs magic victory.
    • Bugfix: When disabled, healing spells and potions displayed in unit panel.
    • Bugfix: Map settings now properly affect victory conditions.
    • Bugfix: AI will now properly adopt an Alignment.
    • Balance: AI better at choosing health and faith buildings.
    • Balance: AI more likely to be aggressive early.
    • Balance: AI more likely to construct Level 3 buildings.
    • Balance: Heroes take 33% less damage from spells.
    • Balance: Increased faith yield of upgrade buildings.
    • Balance: Spells cost less weave to adopt.
    • Balance: Cities grow a bit slower.
    • Balance: Reduced number of extra charters on large and huge maps.
    • Balance: Reduced Evil Victory requirements.
    • Balance: Neutral Victory requires more gold.
    • Balance: Good Victory requires 4 Large Cities.
    • Balance: Druid Grove wonder grants Tsunami to all eligible units.
    • Addition: Top panel now displays Hero Event mission information.
    • Addition: Tooltip in religion overview details benefits of religion in your city.
    • Addition: More appropriate building names.
    • Addition: Barbs heal every turn.

15. FramedArchitect

On the first, your city is probably unhealthy. Negative health subtracts from food produced each turn. On the second, I was using Art Assets v.5, but v.4 requires the flame riders be scaled up 450 times. This is fixed in v.13. Thanks for reports.

16. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Woohooo that's how you answer reports FA!:D
    Can't wait to try it out.

17. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I have no idea what happened, most likely some weirdness with how the charters are coded.

At first I've captured and annexed an enemy city. The enemy then gave up and gave me all resources, including 1 charter.

I used this chapter to build 1 settler. The unit was built but disappeared, and the charter I traded for was gone (no longer possible to build another settler).

A turn later 2 barbarian Drizzt Do'Urden appeared next to my capital.

If you need more information, I will gladly provide it. I also remember that I had issues with "Drizt Do'Urdens out of nowhere" before as well.

18. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

A lot of lessons have been learned since I began unit creation, and as a result many of the units with custom animations are scaled improperly (mine and others) before we learned how to correct it. I have gone back and corrected the Fire Lizard because I plan to use it as a base for my Orc Lizardrider unit, but in order to get effects to scale properly on most of the custom units it will require a re-scaling of the original unit and all of its custom animations. Needless to say it will be a lot of work and I haven't gotten around to it, being more interested in creating new content and finishing existing unit packs. Eventually I will be re-working all of my units to have custom sounds as well, at which time I will re-do the scaling and add-in any necessary effects.

19. FramedArchitect

You are referring the base game mechanic that generates "rebels" when empire reaches "very unhappy" -- in your case probably from annexing a city. In Faerun the threshold is -6 unhappiness. The game engine chooses the units (most powerful melee currently available). And I think you cannot build settlers when "very unhappy" (base game mechanic).

20. FramedArchitect

If you sometimes get a CTD when moving heroes through areas that can spawn an event, you should update to the currently offered v.13 (link in top post). This will not in any way affect your saved game, and is simply a UI fix.