Faerun

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by FramedArchitect, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Moon_Dew

Moon_Dew Chieftain

If I have both Brave New World and Gods & Kings, do I need both versions of this mod, or just the Brave New World version?

2. OldGhostStalker

OldGhostStalker Chieftain

Faerun for BWN is labeled as incompatible with the complete version of the game :(

NVM; just need to patch from 144 to 279

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  3. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

Updated to v.15, available via link in top post.

Main changes:
    • Adds Alustriel Silverhand of the Silver Marches as a new Civ
    • Adds a new promotion system based on fantasy items
    • Wonders are built as map improvements
    • Adds a new Scenario Map: Sword Coast
    • Adds 8 new unique buildings, heroes and improvements
    • Adds a Gambling Tent user interface
    • Adds 15+ new spells and abilities
    • Adds 80+ new promotions
    • Various bugfixes, including Neutral Victory

4. FramedArchitect

Kat twisted my arm and now it seems Faerun will not be ending with v.15....

Faerun for Civilization 6 is under development. For more information, see this thread.

Oblongmana and Nomad or What like this.
  5. Andrje

Andrje Chieftain

Wow. This is very good news! I will download v.15 and start playing Civ 5 again; and looking forward to the Civ 6 version... :)

6. Klopa

Klopa Chieftain

Hi framed, it's Jo - the guy from the steam forum with the weird bug crashing savegames. I did a little more testing, and it seems like I have a combination of two problems: First, the game crashes more or less randomly, although more frequently the later I get into the game, and at some point I can't get past a certain turn. Usually somewhere between 50 - 100. I think it might be a problem with the barbarians, as the game mostly crashes in the barbarian turn. Not always, but it might be other civs running into barbarians if it isn't. Very rarely it's in my turn and truly random - I can reload, do the same thing again and don't crash. Plus I had one crash I could reproduce, where I moved my hero next to a barbarian wraith (btw - is it on purpose, wraiths don't have a unit model? Otherwise.... :p ).
    Second, I got random savegames breaking. I might get to a certain point in the game, decide to reload (doesn't matter if I had a crash or not), and some of the savegames (again, doesn't matter if its manual or auto saves) don't work. For example I might get to turn 60, try to reload, and the auto saves from turn 58,56 and say 52 are broken. The other's work. Then i load turn 54, get to turn 65 and crash. Reload, and all the savegames (I think it might even be including turn 54, but I couldn't reproduce that) don't work. Reload turn 54, and get to say turn 67 (got lucky there) - crash. Reload again, get to turn 57 - you can guess the rest. As a side note, of course I always activate the mods before loading.. ;-)
    What I've tried so far: Different civs, difficulty levels, scenario or not, with and without underdark. All the troubleshooting, validating & reinstalling civ, manually installing the mods in different versions (I already did a first try with v15b too, same problem - although I might try a little more, see if I can further narrow the problem down). I even turned on db validation in the config.ini, tried turning on the logging and making sense of it, although I didn't get very far on that, yet. Oh yeah, as I mentioned different Hardware and OS - Win 7 and 10. I think I tried using the IGE once too, but didn't really know what I was looking for. Hmm... Should be it.
    I've attached a few savegames - some that will break on the next turn and some that are just broken - I hope the file names are self-explanatory. I'd be very happy if you could have a look at them. If you need any more (saves or infos), just tell me.
    On a side note: v15 looks great! You're really doing awesome work here.. :)

Attached Files:

7. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

Sounds awesome but I'm glad it's "in dev" for VI since I'm not planning on reinstalling V. :/

8. Andrje

Andrje Chieftain

I started playing v.15 BETA. On turn 200, the game is stuck processing for the City States for ever. Seems to be a similar problem as reported by Klopa.

9. cammcken

cammcken Warlord

Bug report: After being ghoul touched (-2 movement), my elven protector has 1/0 (one out of zero) movement points. The game interprets it as nearly unlimited. Well, actually, each movement now costs 1/60th of a movement point. Pm me for a save file if you want it; it's after it's moved two tiles and still has 0.967 MP left.

Edit: It seems the problem is caused by how the game refills movement points at the end of the player turn, while debuffs occur in the other civs' turns which follow. If there was some way to force game to recalculate movement points at the beginning of the turn, you could try that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. edboltz

edboltz Chieftain

Such a fantastic (in both meanings of the word) mod, that I've gone back to playing it in Civ V, at least until Civ VI gets some better content.

A couple of questions, that likely have been posted elsewhere in this long thread:

1. In the Sword Coast scenario, where and what exactly need to be installed? I did it once correctly but don't know if I have the most current update.

2. Again in Sword Coast, are all civilizations playable or only a few?

3. How do you earn or build Fzoul or Yoshimo? The header says you can have 4 heroes, but I can only get 3.

4. The header says that they is both Underdark and Astral Plane. I've never found the Astral plane, but have explored the entire map. (Gnomish Airship and Discern spell.)

11. FramedArchitect

Faerun for BNW v.15 released here and on Steam workshop, and is available via links in top post. SourceForge downloads will be updated later this week.

v.15 is not compatible with v.15 BETA or any previous version. Be sure to update to Faerun Art Assets to v.5, which is now required to run all Faerun mods.

If you enjoy this mod and/or want it to continue into Civ6, consider supporting it here:

12. FramedArchitect

Thanks for the saved games. I think the issue that you and several others reported was a problem with the casting of a certain spell that killed enemies. Though I've never been able to reproduce the issue, I did change and test that and never ran into an issue through several full games. On the issue of previous saved game corruption, I don't know why that would be unless you're change the database or something manually... never had such an issue myself.

That is really a dll issue, but instead of dealing with it there I simply reduced the movement effect, which is handled through a promotion tag. While it's still technically possible for this to occur, it should be quite rare now.

Hi.
    1. You'll need Faerun Art Assets v.5 and the SC scenario. The soundtrack is optional.
    2. You don't play as a civilization in the scenario, but rather as a group of heroes.
    3. I forget exactly which minor offers Fzoul, but it is the one in the desert. I think you can hire Yoshimo in Waterdeep. Be sure to check the Tavern tab in every town you visit to see the heroes for hire.
    4. The astral plane is the where the final confrontation in the story occurs. It is not accessible from the main map.

13. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Great news you will improve this mod further and even make successor on civ 6, thank you

14. FramedArchitect

I thought you were asking about the Sword Coast Scenario.

15. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Prince

Amazing work you did on that mod! It will deserve to be included in Civ 6 later expansion. About the anti-paladin, it seem strange they cast protection from evil. Maybe a protection from good is needed.

16. edboltz

edboltz Chieftain

Strange glitch, that was fun at first but I think broke the scenario- While fight the Yuan-Ti near Chult, Minsc summoned a Wolf. The Yuan-Ti polymorphed the Wolf into a Lizardman. When the spell wore off, the Wolf no longer the summoned trait so did not expire after 3-4 turns like it would normally have. This left me with a permanent Wolf, which while not terribly strong was fast as did not set off event triggers.

While my team of heroes progressed on their Quests, I sent the Wolf off exploring, which was great. The problem arose, however, when he entered the Under Dark, since he cleared several Barbarian Villages. I suspect these were event triggers for minor quests, since I can't find a way to complete the Haunted Mine.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  17. FramedArchitect

Thanks for the bug report. I thought I had made all summons immune to transformations; I'll check on that. The second half of Haunted Mine is triggered when any two of your units end their turns on the ruins in the far corners of the moat cavern. You'll hear a sound effect for this...

18. edboltz

edboltz Chieftain

Is there content in Beyond Earth? I reached the victory screen and it had a button for Beyond Earth, but I had uninstalled it.

19. FramedArchitect

You mean like, "dwarves in space"? Interesting idea, but no I haven't made much content for BE and it was all within that realist science fiction genre. You can see my BE Mods here.

20. edboltz

edboltz Chieftain

Another possible glitch- I was able to conquer Menzoberranzan with a Fighter (Minsc) that had the Gore ability, as it knocked the defender unit from the city with Minsc landing there.

I was very happy with the result and maybe that's not forbidden, but immediately after my Gold started plummeting to zero.

At the very beginning, I also ended up with Khelden's Keep, since it appeared on top of my unit after that quest was completed. Initially it would have allowed me to produce Swordsmen, Archers or Gold. Not knowing differently, I chose Gold, but could have made other units. That disappeared later, so it was just gold.

Also, there's an Ancient Ruins on the island in the sea nearby, that can (using a floating ring to get there) give workers. You can't get the worker off the island, but its still a unit outside of the heroes.