1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Faerun

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by FramedArchitect, Nov 14, 2016.

?

Which fantasy race would you play first?

Poll closed Dec 26, 2016.
  1. Orcs

6.9%
  2. Elves

25.9%
  3. Undead

6.9%
  4. Humans

22.4%
  5. Drow

17.2%
  6. Dwarves

20.7%
  1. Brainjuggler

Brainjuggler Chieftain

Is it summer yet?

2. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

It is, and I am still committed to doing Faerun for Civ6! I'm a slow worker, I suppose, but I make up for it with doggedness. Keep in mind that I worked on Faerun for CiV for six years... ^^

3. drhteph

drhteph Chieftain

I'm pretty sure the Patreon would attract some more .... well,, patreons if there was some progress reports or something...

4. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

Development Plan

In the coming month, I'll be releasing four Civs packs (Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Drow in that order), each of which will be playable with the base game. These civs will each include two leaders, at least 10 buildings, a few units, and enough modding to make them play very differently from all the base game civs.

Once the Civs packs are out I'll begin working on a mechanics mod to address things like alignment and spellcasting. That mod will function as the base required mod for all the Civs packs. The Elves should be ready to play in about one week. I'll release them here and on Steam.

All the best to supporters of Faerun. You might have thought I'd given up, but you should know better -- after all Faerun for Civ5 was in development for 8 years!

ezzlar, Alexej, jackal1234 and 2 others like this.
  5. Brainjuggler

Brainjuggler Chieftain

squeeeeeee!

6. Unrealsky

Unrealsky Chieftain

So stoked for this.

7. Makkah

Makkah Chieftain

Hell to the yes.

8. jackal1234

jackal1234 Chieftain

how's it goin'

9. a2a3a2a3

a2a3a2a3 Chieftain

Really excited about the mod, loved the Civ V version. But where are these civ packs? It's months after you posted this, so they must exist. Where are they?
    Checked here and steam. Searched "faerun", "elves" etc. Nothing. Where are they? Have they been taken off for development?