Fall from Heaven: Age of Ice

I'm going to buy Beyond the Sword just to keep playing FfH II. But i'm little confuse about those new modifications. At first, this upgrade is Shadow phase, right? The next one will be Fire (with Armageddon and the Mercurians and Infernal civilizations)? I thought that Shadow phase would have the Armageddon. Once I love to play with Armageddon, should I have to wait to wait for Fire phase ? Thanks for your time ! And sorry my noob questions.

Why are there folders for the Clan of Embers and for the Luchuirp units unique art in the AoI folder along with the custom art for the Amurites, Doviello, and Illians? Were they originally supposed to be in the game?

I wouldn't be suprised if the luchuirp were originally planned. they do fit into the lore really well. the clan too...

I'm hoping that the Ice phase will contain a remake of the AoI scenario, this time much more fleshed out.

I'm hoping that the Ice phase will contain a remake of the AoI scenario, this time much more fleshed out.

That'd be great!

If it were a larger map, with more civs like R r o T thought about it, and more ways to finish, even better...

Yeah, I think that after Ice is done there should be a remake of AoI, incorporating all of its events, not just the fall of Mucarn. It could begin with the rain of fire at the fall of Bhall, followed by the Luchuirp resistance to Mulcarns arrival, followed by blizzards across creation. It should include all the major battles of the age, such as: " the Slaying of the Blue Dragon by Lucar's horde and the ensuing destruction of the Thraxian civilization; the sacrifice of the Second Mage, Gionn; and the final confrontation between Kyorlin and Mulcarn himself."

It might have to be done as a mod containing a series of scenarios for different portions of the age. I would like it to include all the civilizations around at the time, include those that survived unto the age of Rebirth and those that were destroyed (like the Thraxians), but not those that did not exist yet (definitely no Kuriotates or Sidar). Preferably, they would all be playable (although some things might be scripted to the point where victory is impossible for some civs, and survival is very unlikely), although not necessarily all in the same scenario of the mod. A scenario where you play as Trenton Majosi could be cool, as could one about the Luchuirp's last stand. I don't even see a problem with the human playing as Mulcarn himself. Some of these could be completely unrelated to the main events of the age, like the consolidation of Bhalls corrupted followers into an Orkish nation and the continuing elven civil war. It could also be interesting for the main events to be tied to the minor ones in unusual ways, for instance Kyorlin could have the Svartalfar assist him in sneaking into the Letum Frigus if he help them destroy the Ljosalfar, or receive help from Cernunnos himself from protecting them.

I could probably do most of the xml and python modding (if and when I have time) and may have taught myself a fair amount of C++ by then too. I would have no idea how to do any of the graphics though. (My attempts to even borrow unit graphics from AoI for my modmod caused it to crash, and I can't figure out how to fix it).

We would need much more backstory from Kael before this could begin, and I'd definitely want to wait until the Morale and Hinterlands mechanics are in the game.

Yeah, I think that after Ice is done there should be a remake of AoI, incorporating all of its events, not just the fall of Mucarn. It could begin with the rain of fire at the fall of Bhall, followed by the Luchuirp resistance to Mulcarns arrival, followed by blizzards across creation. It should include all the major battles of the age, such as: " the Slaying of the Blue Dragon by Lucar's horde and the ensuing destruction of the Thraxian civilization; the sacrifice of the Second Mage, Gionn; and the final confrontation between Kyorlin and Mulcarn himself."

Admit it: You just want to know what all those things are, don't you? ;)

On a more serious note, this sounds similar to Rhye's and Fall. It could play out that way, though I'm not entirely sure how you'd deal with, say, the Illians being completely wiped out before they can summon Mulcarn. I suppose you could tie Mulcarn's appearance to one of two events: Either the Illians are just about to lose (ie the enemy is marching into their last city) or else some other goal is met, such as the Illians completing a ritual or researching a technology. This still has its own downside, of course: No human player will take the last city, but they'll make sure it's somewhere unproductive so the Illians can't complete the ritual in any decent amount of time. Maybe you could also automatically summon Mulcarn at a certain time...

I don't know how well it would do to have all of them happen in one game sitting. I know that some days I would want to play one of them, and other days another. If I have to go through them in some sequence, I will tire of the early ones and probably rarely see the late ones.

Just make each one a scenario, like AoI was for the death of Mulcarn. Don't need to mod much except a new leaderhead and some Civlopedia entries for units/Civs which are already in the game. Then code some events that are triggered appropriately and a hardcoded map to play the story on.

I was thinking that it would be best to have them all in one mod (so that you could read the whole civiliopedia and know how things tie together, and so you could easily switch from one to another), but different scenarios. The map-specific stuff could probably be set to work differently for a few different maps (each could depend on a game option that is activated by default in different scenarios).

Could be cool tied in as a single mod for Civlopedia purposes if you could also get the civlopedia to sort them by Scenario and then sub-categorize everything else (really wish the Pedia did that by default, or that I could figure out how on earth Sevo got it to work so well)

Hey, I love both AOI and TFE. Great Mods. I'm still a complete nub at both but love them. I am trying to create a version for myself in W3, to see what it would be like in real time. I don't have many technologies in it yet and making everything is proving more difficult than expected. I also have used no custom model files, so everything's model is included in W3. I agree with MagisterCultuum, an AOI mod with multiple senarios in the one mod would be the way to go.
Looking forward to the Ice phase and any further updates in this awesome series.

half the time the units look like warriors and swordsmen and the other half of the time when i click on them they have your there actual icons. Is this a known bug

You probably have the frozen animations option on. The FfH art team did not bother creating frozen animations. When the computer freezes the animations of non-selected units in order to make the graphics more processor friendly, it must revert back to using graphics of units whose frozen animations exist. If the changing appearance bothers you you can easily disable frozen graphics.

Top Bottom