• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

If running a game like that for a while is still crash free, then the next step in debugging would be to re-enable the results 1 at a time until you start to see crashes happening again. Then we are finally narrowing it down to a specific exploration result which is causing the issues.

Would I be able to, after re-enabling each bit in Python from being commented out, pick up from the same game?

I'm not sure if this was a bug or a feature, but it was unexpected behavior. Built some cities on a desert isle continent to hook up mirror of heaven, standing stones, and reagents. Ultimately decided maintenance was hurting too much, and granted them independence. Afterward, got 4 free disciples + a nightwatch in random cities in my empire, as if I had just researched those 5 religious techs that turn. Should those disciples have gone to the new, independent colony, or should they never have appeared at all?

Colonies start out as a teammate? If that is the case, then it was sharing the techs you know with them, so python was seeing that a tech was gained and passing out free disciples. They should have gone to the new colony in that case, so the function must be written to just grant them to a random city belonging to the team, or it is triggered by player, but assigns to all members of the team. Not quite sure, will have to look into it sometime. (all 4 disciples were from different religions, right? So you had all religious techs but 2?)

Actually, this was my first time granting independence to a colony, but they started out as a vassal. Was actually pretty sweet, since I could immediately demand tribute, and doubled my palace mana, plus got the mana from the resources I had set up the colonies for originally. And yes, they were all disciples of the different religions I had researched - all but 2.

If running a game like that for a while is still crash free, then the next step in debugging would be to re-enable the results 1 at a time until you start to see crashes happening again. Then we are finally narrowing it down to a specific exploration result which is causing the issues.

About to boot up the game, but a comment - I've never had the game crash when *I* explored a lair. Do the AIs get the same results we do?

Playing Elohim I wasn't able to win the game, by building the Final Altar of Luonnatar. I've built it, but there was no end of game. I'm quite certain that I enabled the victory condition, at least on the victory table it showed up. but the game did not end.

Noticed the Shamans for the Clan did not have access to build nodes of Dimension, Ice, or Force. (Maybe one more? It was all of the new ones and I can't seem to remember how many there are...:crazyeye:)

Was that purposeful?

I just installed FF yesterday since I haven't played it for quite a while and wanted to see how it's progressing. Last night I played a game as the Austrin. Periodically I'd get a crash between turns but reloading usually solved the problem. I played on a Quick/Huge/Erebus map but gave up around turn 300 because it was taking too long between turns (about 15 seconds.) This is probably because some of the isolated and turtling civs like the Clan had around 200 units guarding each of their cities.

Then I started a game (a few actually) with the Scions. While playing with them on different games I have had CTDs ...
* Between turns (over and over)
* As the foreign relations window opened the first time I met Cardith Lorda
* Completing research for the technology "Animal Husbandry"
* Agreeing to an exchange of maps with Ethne the White
* Moving my scout to reveal more terrain (perhaps related to the previous two CTDs)
* Mousing over the "Awakened" production button in the city screen of my capital
* Scrolling across the map with my mouse

The games were all Large/Quick/Erebus map, explorable lairs and all unique features. Some of them seem to be graphics issues since they didn't even occur with a mouse click.

I couldn't find the code mentioned earlier for explorable lairs so I could test that. I'm going to start another game with no lairs or features and see how that runs.

It doesn't appear to be just lairs, by the way. You also have to disable shipwrecks (mentioned) epic lairs (mentioned) and Graveyards.

Dungeon-type lairs and graveyards can both spawn into AI territory via events.

Yeah. Some of the crashes I had happened mid turn so there seemed to be something going on apart from the lairs.

After three games rife with CTDs, the fourth one went 150 turns with no crashes before I called it a night. Disabled Lairs and No Unique Features.

Although I've still found goblin forts and explored them, there still were no crashes. It really might have something to do with the unique features. Or perhaps just one in particular. Those 3 previous games I had "All Unique Features."

I just installed FF yesterday since I haven't played it for quite a while and wanted to see how it's progressing. .....
Then I started a game (a few actually) with the Scions. While playing with them on different games I have had CTDs ...
* Between turns (over and over)
* As the foreign relations window opened the first time I met Cardith Lorda
* Completing research for the technology "Animal Husbandry"
* Agreeing to an exchange of maps with Ethne the White
* Moving my scout to reveal more terrain (perhaps related to the previous two CTDs)
* Mousing over the "Awakened" production button in the city screen of my capital
* Scrolling across the map with my mouse

The games were all Large/Quick/Erebus map, explorable lairs and all unique features. Some of them seem to be graphics issues since they didn't even occur with a mouse click.

I have the exact same problems - installed the new version of FF after being away for a while - FFH patched to y, FF the latest too (G?), even followed the instructions to clear the game options.
Of course, I immediately had to try the Scions - very interesting civilization, though tough to play first time around.

I got several CTDs, but couldn't find a common denominator - it could as well happen between turns, as in the middle of a turn w/o, seemingly, doing anything special.

Will try another civilization tomorrow and see whether the problems continue.

BTW, one bug I can nail down (didn't see it at the beginning of this thread): EVERY TIME I reload from within the game, both quick save and normal, the game CTDs.
Is this intentional? An anti-cheat device maybe? :D

Edit: forgot to mention - I also played with All Unique Features

I'm playing with Cuatli. I've reaserched Currency, but i can't take the Lost Lands civic..

Hello every body,i am french hardcore player of FFH2 (my only installed game) and i recently discover the FF version and it is....WONDERFULL, more civs (and what civs !) guilds, amazing unique features.... But, the IA is so weak it is unplayable. By comparaison, in FFH2 my upper limite is immortal (the IA crush me 90% before turn 200); at FF50 (patch G) their is no challange, i win in divine mode even by making IA civs team two by two. One of the big difference i had observed is the light terran improvement the IA performs; for example she rarely build mine, even on gold or copper (darwen territory at turn 150). I think it's a bug, maybe linked to the low rate ammenagent possibility before main tech. If something could be done it would be great because for instance the game is un playable (and it's the greater game of the universe). And after the FF taste i won't go back to FFH.

I'm playing with Cuatli. I've reaserched Currency, but i can't take the Lost Lands civic..

Lost lands is a Maatzl civic (the Good lizardmen.) The Cuali get Blood and Sacrifice.

BTW, one bug I can nail down (didn't see it at the beginning of this thread): EVERY TIME I reload from within the game, both quick save and normal, the game CTDs.
Is this intentional? An anti-cheat device maybe? :D

This happens to me....

ctd cant reload within game. Great features but this is breaking it for me.

Top Bottom