Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

2 things about Jotnar:

1] the roads on mountains do not connect cities for ressources
2] the civ name does not seems to change from "tribe" even with more than 10 cities

Any idea about the first point ?
Because jotnar citizens can build road on peaks but it still does not connect ressources

Worktimes are currently INSANE for lizzies.

25 turns WITH calander, to build a plantation on Jungle/Marsh.

On normal speed. Jebus.

(On a side note, could someone PLEASE fix the numpad + CTD, or unbind it for gods sake...)

25 turns is how long it takes to build a plantation and clear the jungle. If you think that's bad, try building in an ancient forest...

The elven/lizardman racial buffs should have a double work rate in jungle/forests/etc. component, imo. Or maybe it's supposed to be long to balance the bonus of keeping the jungles, who knows.

IN his territory? Are you sure about that?

Were the Archos nearby ?

Yup. In fact I watched it happened. As the Illians began encroaching on territory I wanted, I decided to raise an army. The first turn I switch all my cities production to churn out swordsmen he casts Stasis. So I had plenty of time to sit a Lightbringer on a desert hill to watch. The 3 powerful Sword Spiders that kept me from expanding into the area stood still just outside his borders. Then the culture borders increased and BAM, all the spiders were now inside his borders. They they started eating the reinforcements he sent to defend his city.

I was re-reading the original patch notes for 050 unpatched and it seems that animals increase in strength faster the higher the difficulty level. Which is why I didn't notice it on difficulties lower than Emperor. Maybe it needs some tweaking.

I lost more men trying to kill those 3 spiders than the entire Illian civilization.

Archos wasn't near, I don't think they were even in the game.

As for the dowsing, that makes sense. Perhaps because they were dowsing all the time they didn't build a large enough army to be able to defend themselves from spiders.

It seems, contrary to their pedia entry, that Haruspex can't learn the Chaos sphere of magic.

This has greatly disappointed my friend, as he's playing Archos in a hotseat game with me.

Is this a bug, or is the pedia outdated? Just need to give them Chaos I as a free promotion to fix it.

Outdated 'pedia from when the Divine casters used to be still based on spell spheres (instead of Divine/Summon/Nature, Haruspex were Divine/Chaos/Nature. They have a couple of Haruspex only spells now instead - but you're right that the 'pedia needs an update.

Playing Jotnar with Patch L. I don't know if this is intended or a bug, but I can't seem to build force, dimensional, creation or ice mana with my Skald (sp?). This would severely prevent being able to get a Tower of Mastery Victory. (I don't mind too much because I am going for an Altar victory, but even still...)

Hi, I've been playing my first game with the Jotnar (Patch L). They're a lot of fun but some way into the game I started to get regular crashes. I carried on playing for a bit by going back to old saves, but it looks like they're too frequent to really continue so I'm posting my last save here in the hope that someone could take a look to see what the problem is? This save crashes every time I load.
Thanks for all the hard work on this mod and it would be great if someone can find a fix for this bug.

Attachments

• Father Kasghenal Turn_0362.CivBeyondSwordSave
    423.4 KB · Views: 30
I have a nasty litle bug.
I dont see the mainmenu any more.
I reinstalled everything but the mainmenu still dont show any buttons.
I can click where they are but i dont see any words.
Im playing with german Version so i got the tip that there are no german tags in the new
CIV4GameText_Jotnar.xml File.
I tried to fix it with adding the german tags but in the moment i got all mistakes ou, the menu disappeared again.
Any help?

(On a side note, could someone PLEASE fix the numpad + CTD, or unbind it for gods sake...)
Please!

My cat gets off my lap and onto the desk, sometimes stepping on my numbpad, crashing me to desktop every time.

It isn't the whole numbpad, I thumb the enter key on it with my mouse hand to end turn every turn. It seems to be the + and - keys. I haven't hit an a actaul number to test it.

I have a nasty litle bug.
I dont see the mainmenu any more.
I reinstalled everything but the mainmenu still dont show any buttons.
I can click where they are but i dont see any words.
Im playing with german Version so i got the tip that there are no german tags in the new
CIV4GameText_Jotnar.xml File.
I tried to fix it with adding the german tags but in the moment i got all mistakes ou, the menu disappeared again.
Any help?

Easiest option at the moment is to remove the Jotnar text file - you'll lose some of the text relating to the Jotnar, but the game will be playable. It's an oddity with how the localization works, but I am hoping to get a properly filled out GameText ready for the next patch.

Illians are getting 2 food on ice hills (plus the hill hammer), is this intentional?

EDIT: and 2 food from peaks that are in range of the temple of the hand spell.

Regarding the Jotnar; workers getting exp from spirit guide, but cannot promote. Patch L.

Also not related, I had Aiffon Isle spawn inland, which was settled by AI.

Marathon, Erebus scrpit.

Doviello Skulds have no CombatOffense value, but they do have a CombatDefense, rendering the Doviello immortals 0/9 units >_>

Playing with patch L as Dural two issues, one old and one new, came up with Nox Noctis:

1. There is still the problem with not being able to capture/raze cities on your borders. Your units will just go in the city with no result. Maybe if you changed them to reveal themselves it would work - haven't tried that. What does work is moving your unit outside your border the border of the city now defenderless and then you can capture/raze. However, this can be problematic with enemy units that can waltz back in and take back the city while you are moving outside the borders, etc. This has been around awhile - in FFH too, I think.

2. What I haven't seen before is newly created units taking one or more turns to gain the invisibility that Nox Noctis gives. I think it only takes one turn for units you build in your cities - they are still revealed though for that one turn. However, the real problem seemed to be with Ravenous and Blooded Werewolves which took 2-3 turns to gain the invisibility. I was at war with Cualli who was sending small stacks inside my borders. They couldn't see most of my units, but when the Baron killed Cualli unit, the Ravenous Werewolf would immediately (usually) kill another Cualli unit. However, the promoted Blooded Werewolf would be damaged and revealed and quickly killed by Cualli units. Shouldn't these werewolves be invisible as soon as they are created?

Playing as Dural I was at war with Cualli for about 50 turns.

I sent in my HN Spider Army (yes, it is very easy to build one with powerful spiders in FF now!) inside Cualli territory to harass them a bit.

They killed a few Warriors that got in range, but then, for some unknown reason the lot of them were bounced completely across the map back into my territory. :confused: What could have caused that? As I said, we had been at war a long time. Cualli Worldspell?

It is the first time I have played Dannmos in a long time. How do the Dural get a unit that can Heal and Cure Disease like a Priest? Maybe I am not far enough along yet, but I am getting diseased units with no way to heal them.

This was a funny game in that the AI shied away from founding religions. As the Dural, I founded all of them... in the same city, my second city. Sadly, no way to build Temples and get that Culture. :(

Me and two friends keep getting OOS errors in our simultaneous LAN game. We make it until around turn 300 before it gets unbearable (long time for a FfH mod!).

No idea what is causing it.

Attaching the savegame and the OOS log.

Tried attaching the OOS log but it's about 20kb over the 500kb file limit... :(

Attachments

• MP- FFfH- JJG Turn_0044.CivBeyondSwordSave
    382.8 KB · Views: 31
The OOS logs alone were that big, or zipping the logs together with the save was that big? Will try to check it out sometime soonish. Just 2 human players, right?

Autoacquired promotions will show up as soon as the unit MOVES to a tile where the promotion is valid, or starts their turn. In the case of NoxNoctis, it is actually 2 AA promotions combined, so depending on the order in the XML it could require 2 triggers (start of turn + movement within borders, or 2 turn starts). There is some AA checking when a unit is built, but same issue, order in the XML could lead to needing 2 passes to get it done right (Creation + turn start). Making these checks happen at EVERY possible case where you can suddenly meet requirements would make for a rather insane processor hit unfortunately, the current implementation is about the best balance I can think of for speed + transparency.

I could have sworn I set it up for this last patch so that invisible units could capture unguarded cities. Were there workers in it or anything? That would mess it up for how I coded things I think. But yes, reveal yourself and you should have no issues. No need to play with movement since you can willfully drop Esus invis any time you want to though...

Top Bottom