1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further - The Original Thread

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Forral

Forral Chieftain

I'm getting a repeating CTD on the same turn after every reload while playing as the Bannor at turn 362. The crash to desktop throws me out without any error messages whatsoever. Can I see a log file with a reason for the crash somewhere, besides the somewhat confusing Windows one?

Anything else I can do?

/Forral

2. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Can you post the save game? I'll take a look...

3. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Looks perfect - I had to raise the meshes slightly (the well and the floor were about 30 points below the ground plane) but it works well in game now :goodjob:

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Just wondering, but is it large enough to cover the mana resource it will provide? I'm guessing having part of the entropy mana sticking out of the water wouldn't look right.

I was also wondering it it would be possible to make some improvements suppress the graphics of a resource, without actually hiding them. In this case simply making the pool taller would suffice, but I really don't like the Dragon Bones having elephants living among them.

5. Kinjiru

Kinjiru Chieftain

LOL, I actually just started a game to specifically RP a good Calabim. Of course that's because I just finished reading the Twilight series of books...

6. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

awsome, i must have forgotten to save when i raised it oops :p

its a very very simple fix if i need to make it taller, just ask and it shal be done :)

oh, and if you want i can make a more transparent mist, it looks a fair bit better with a little less solid mist imho :p

7. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

To be fair - the Entropy mana looks fine - or at least as fine as any of the other unique features do (elephants on the Dragon Bones, Mana on the Standing Stones and Broken Sepulcher etc). If you want to have a play with it though, I'll use whichever turns out best.

===

Hiding the resource does sound a good option though. Just not sure how to do that yet.

8. Psychic_Llamas

is it possible to add a line in the code which removes the graphic for the resource? or subitutes it if on that feature?

9. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

It will be, but I suspect that line of code should be in the graphics engine (which we don't have access to modify). There may be a workaround though - it'll just take some creative thinking.

10. Forral

Forral Chieftain

All right. Here's my savegame.

The game appears to crash two turns after this save regardless of what I do. Oh, and don't mind the fact that I'm doing rather badly. I just wasn't prepared for the Doviello to be so damn persistent with their Axemen. They had me pretty badly bruised there for a while.

...And it's my first attempt to play with the Bannor so that ought to afford me some handicap, right!? :p

/Forral

Attached Files:

11. Psychic_Llamas

in a sudden burst of inspiration i completed a unique feature for Warhammer, called the Altar of Khaine. perhaps you can use it here for something, though in not holding my breath, its pretty WH specific.

if you think you can use it ill post a DL link here :)

12. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

I'm on turn 333 now without any crash. Blight hit about the time you said you get your crash though, so it could be related to that (fairly large processor hit when it occurs)

13. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

Thanks, guys!

The buildings and what I've imagined they look like:

Spoiler :

Cathedral of Rebirth

I'm thinking a large, gothic sort of building. Not all that menacing looking, though. Maybe darkish stone with green-lit windows.

Dark Council

A BIG, sprawling building with a central spire and/or dome.

Emperor's Mark

A sigil of some sort. Maybe on a stone? Small.

Exchange

Tallish, block-like commercial building. Ornate facade.

Flesh Studio

Gothic-style would work well, though - for no particular reason - I've been thinking of it as a stone building with a small dome. Something of a Med./Near East style.

Hall of the Covenant

A grand theater, but more severe than ornate.

Imperial Cenotaph

Relatively small, blocky stone shrine high walls for it's size and a very small dome with a small spire.

Kylorin Cult

Gothic would be great - not very big, though.

Necropolis

The Necropolis is supposed to represent a change to the whole city more than a single building. However, a very magical-looking obelisk/monolith sort of thing would work well, I think.

Patrian Bazaar

A big enclosed market. So a wide, very long building covered by a low dome?

Shrine to Kylorin

A classical-style statue.

Spirit Mill

Like a water-powered mill, but with a sinister twist.

Temple of the Gift

The basic sort of "dark temple" in which you might find a barbarian hero slaying evil priests.

Vacant Mausoleum

A half-sunken palace with a big hole in the roof or side. Dome, no spire.

Below are building buttons that show something of the appearance of their building.

Spoiler :

Left to Right, top row:
    Cathedral of R., Dark Council, Exchange
    Middle row:
    Hall of the Covenant, Imperial Cenotaph, Patrian Bazaar
    Bottom row:
    Shrine to Kylorin, Temple of the Gift, Vacant Mausoleum

EDIT:

Missed some:

The Palace - Something especially grand, if not grandiose, would be appropriate. Not scary. The current icon has a lot of gold.

Thaumaturge's Keep - Stronghold of a powerful, immortal, and mad mage. This one can be nasty looking.

Melante's Estate - Secondary governing center. Opulent and Gothic would be appropriate.

NB: I just added graphics for all of Pelemoc's spell-built "buildings" and the Archon's "Terror" spell.

14. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

May I ask two questions?

you have written that the flavour mod needs pre-adapted map scripts. How can one pre-adapt them correct? Say I'd like to have Earth 2 with Flavour Mod, what do I have to do with Earth 2 map script? Just copy the whole txt of the flavour mod at the beginning of Earth 2? And what's the option in-game at custom-game labeled "flavour start", does it work similar without need of install flavour mod?

Are the DLL files a must? If so, where do I have to save them?

15. Wyrmhero

Wyrmhero Dragon-Lord

Would be interesting if you could force it to work like Brigit: A leveled unit (or hero, maybe) enters the square and draws the magnificent sword...

16. Forral

Forral Chieftain

Hmmm, that's strange since my processor isn't particularily weak. I can normally experience the blights without problem. Maybe I screwed up my installation somehow.

I'll have to tinker a little with it then.

/Forral

17. Jean Elcard

Jean Elcard The Flavournator

The information about Creation and FlavourMod at the start of this thread is a little bit outdated. Cephalo's Creation map script has been integrated into Fall from Heaven under the Name "Erebus" recently.
    FlavourMod 1.x still exists but I don't recommend to use it any longer. The current version of FlavourMod is 2.0.1, but it's not necessary to install it, because it has been integrated into the Fall Further code base some versions ago as a game option.

Exactly. Check the option and choose a map script of your liking.

The dll files don't have anything to do with all this. It's just the source code for Fall Further. Should only be of interest to you, if you plan to mod something concerncing the most inner workings of Fall Further.

18. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

Re: "Holy Warriors"

I think a good argument for not including HW is that it works so well as a module. Unless something in it really catches Vehem's fancy there's little advantage to including it - especially if Vehem develops the installer to the point where optional components are included.

I'll see about inserting in a Promotion used by the module, though. It'd only work if HW is installed - but having it in the main XML would help prevent problems. (So far I don't think it has actually caused a problem, but I don't know why.)

OTOH I *do* like EWS's Sohei quite a bit... :)

I keep forgetting to mention: I love the Elohim pilgrimage idea.

Edited the building's post above - I forgot a few.

I think that's a good idea. OTOH, an opening to the Warp and the subsequent arrival of a company of Chaos Marines could be fun, too. :)

19. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

Thanks for you help - and for the flavourmod! :)

20. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Aye - I've added "Sohei" as an honorific title for any Monks that gain the "Enlightenment" promotion (which is not easy - requires the national wonder and Level 12... On the other hand, it does give them a second Spirit Affinity +1 so it's probably worth the effort...)

So do I - just need to come up with some nice combinations of effects and features. I'm adding a Sirona related feature that allows the Elohim to gain "Spiritual" if visited (similar to how Letum Frigus grants "Aggressive" to the Illians), but need a few more events.