Fall Further - The Original Thread

I moved the Somnium text into the main text file for the ease of the german translators in patch "c". That will have to be updated for Fall Further as the Somnium tags are currently unable to decode.

I moved the Somnium text into the main text file for the ease of the german translators in patch "c". That will have to be updated for Fall Further as the Somnium tags are currently unable to decode.

Thanks - moved it across now. Will be in FF042c.

Have you considered adding the unique buildings for Hippus (Ranch, Svartalfar (Den of Shadows) and others back in. This would allow the the Elohim to use their unique effects on their units.

thanks guys for checking out the issue and providing an answer so quickly :D

I was indeed using broader alignment, so it seems like this issue was already known.

the addition of scions to FF is wonderful news too :)

It was a part of BUG Mod that was causing issues and thus removed. That particular portion ought to be fairly easy to add back in, just need the time for doing it.

oh man, i was quite excited to try the new FF version this weekend because of the included bug mod (can't play without BUG/BAT Mod anymore) but this is really bad news :(

Have you considered adding the unique buildings for Hippus (Ranch, Svartalfar (Den of Shadows) and others back in. This would allow the the Elohim to use their unique effects on their units.

Hmm - interesting side effect, but I think I prefer having those promotions at least unique to the races they belonged to. I may be tempted to add them back with a different effect (Den of Shadows may get the Forest stealth effect once we've sorted out the Promotion-Typed invisibility to make Forest Stealth grant "Animal-type" invisibility).

Could you add back the game options that disabled certain civs? I like most FF changes, but to be honest the Austrin is the only new civ I really like playing as or against. (I also think the Austrin's color should be changed to a fairly light slightly greyish blue, but that isn't really relevant here.)

I'd prefer it if an option existed to disable any civ, including the vanilla FfH ones. (I'm rarely in the mood to play as or be rushed by the Doviello.)

Could you add back the game options that disabled certain civs? I like most FF changes, but to be honest the Austrin is the only new civ I really like playing as or against. (I also think the Austrin's color should be changed to a fairly light slightly greyish blue, but that isn't really relevant here.)

I'd prefer it if an option existed to disable any civ, including the vanilla FfH ones. (I'm rarely in the mood to play as or be rushed by the Doviello.)

Planned for 043 - the FF civs at least. Will have to look into a way to do it without needing 29 check boxes for the vanilla civs.

Glad to hear it.

How would what civ an option disables be defined? I believe it was hardcoded in the old version, but Xienwolf doesn't hardcode. If it is defined in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml then I could just change the Austrin option to Doviello.

It might also be nice to see if it is possible to create a new dummy player (like random good, etc.) that randomly chooses between a list of favorite leaders. Of course, probably only those with at least a modicum of moding ability would be able to actually use this option. The ability to create multiple dummy players could be good to, so you could also have it choose between your favorite rivals and allies.

Priests of Agrunon can Found Temple of the Overlords.

I also could not build cottages on wetlands unless the tile was next to a river. Not sure if that's intentional or not, since there is no difference in yields between wetlands and grasslands, just wetlands have that chance to spawn swamps.

Is there any possibility of you adding the old backgrounds back in now that they put in custom art for all of them?

The two new main menus you mean? Aye - I intend to re-enable them, though they'll be titled "Sphener" and "Master of Magic" rather than being Easter-eggs...

Priests of Agrunon can Found Temple of the Overlords.

Thanks - side effect of having the spells change to UnitClass rather than Unit. I'm going to add a new unit class for each of the lizard priests which will resolve this.

If it wasn't for patch week we would have nothing to look forward to.

::mumbles something about deleting entire folders::

There's a bit of debate regarding the Elohim, the Tolerant trait and the unusual combinations it allows for. I must admit, I didn't think that the Elohim were particularly suited to the Assimilation role and it felt a little like they were given it because it didn't fit too well elsewhere and that they "needed something".

I've been taking part in a discussion in this thread that has generated a few interesting ideas and I've got a fairly decent picture in mind of how I'd like to re-implement them (see that thread for the details).

The other side of this is that the Tolerant trait would be re-branded to something more conquest oriented and temporarily assigned to Decius. By his own claim, "thrones sit easily beneath him" and his presence as leader of three (very) different civilizations suggests that his talents are in leadership rather than pursuing a racial agenda. He would lorewise seem quite happy to use warriors, zealots or vampires as suits his needs and probably any other units that come to his hand.

I say temporarily because I had planned a civ that fulfills this role (and also was a 4th option for Decius to lead, along with the natural leader) for a later version. The more I think about it however, the more it seems to work with Decius.

===

Any thoughts on this are appreciated - I'm sure there'll be a few...

043 is going to be the "Scions of Patria" release - I've been speaking to Tarquelne regarding artwork and tweaks that we can make to make things easier.

Does Tarq need buildings done? I have some old Goth ones I could finish up at some point.

I think the Elohim would be better suited to assimilating via culture than conquest. Perhaps something could be coded where neighboring cities tend to like them more than their current civ. Breakaway cities would come to the Elohim, but retain their uniqueness. Also, maybe there would be a 10 turn period where the other civ could invade that city and take it back without declaring war on the Elohim. Of course, the Elohim could also protect the city for 10 turns without formal war declaration. Sort of like Georgia/Russia.

Another lizardman note: can't settle on swamps. This is particularly annoying for Cualli since they don't easily get access to sun mana to clear swamps. Although, I suppose, realistically it's only one tech away since they pick up Necromancy for priests anyway.

Top Bottom