Fall Further - The Original Thread

Will be better after 1.3 haha. Ranged OOS fixed, for one, thanks to Snarko. And some awesome new features, including (unannounced as yet, so I'm wondering when it gets back to the RifE forums) a fully integrated Influence Driven War mechanic. Not optional, as you can receive boosts to it via trait/promotion/building; For now, Defender, Conqueror, and Raiders all have a boost of some kind or another.

How soon will it be till 1.3 comes out? I know it is almost done and have been waiting for it before I install RifE. Just a guesstimate would be cool.

How soon will it be till 1.3 comes out? I know it is almost done and have been waiting for it before I install RifE. Just a guesstimate would be cool.

Would give you one if I could. :p

Need to finish up a few mechanics, add some art and music... And I've been rather busy this week. Added IDW, have my little brother's graduation (which is tomorrow night, and still feels odd to me), and now I may be getting a job tomorrow (managed to skip past the group interview, straight to the individual interview, so things are looking good there), so lots going on. :p

Opera's been doing quite a bit this week herself, though, and I'm about to write up the Sidar plans so she can take over. :p

I wonder how large of a chainsaw I'd have to take to it to get it the way I like to play >_>

I wonder how large of a chainsaw I'd have to take to it to get it the way I like to play >_>

That depends on how you like to play. :p

Removing any references that you dislike would be the same amount of work (aside from the Shards of Courage/Wisdom/Strength, and the resulting Triforce, I've added nothing along those lines. :p), but I'm not sure what else you'd change.

Be more than willing to give you teamforum access, though, would be able to see some... plans... we have. :p

That depends on how you like to play. :p

Removing any references that you dislike would be the same amount of work (aside from the Shards of Courage/Wisdom/Strength, and the resulting Triforce, I've added nothing along those lines. :p), but I'm not sure what else you'd change.

Be more than willing to give you teamforum access, though, would be able to see some... plans... we have. :p

Well, if you didn't change the references from FF there'd be far less work because the modules would just translate.

Once you get the ranged-attack OOSing fixed I'll definitely have to take a look - there may be a "Rise Up, Fall Flat" mod at some point, public or not.

Did you guys ever get the OOS caused by the Kurios/Jotnar/Thousand Slums?

EDIT: And did you teach the AI to do things with a navy yet?

Well, if you didn't change the references from FF there'd be far less work because the modules would just translate.

Once you get the ranged-attack OOSing fixed I'll definitely have to take a look - there may be a "Rise Up, Fall Flat" mod at some point, public or not.

Did you guys ever get the OOS caused by the Kurios/Jotnar/Thousand Slums?

EDIT: And did you teach the AI to do things with a navy yet?

Yep, the modules would just port over. Need to update schemas, but shouldn't need much else.

Ranged OOS is fixed in 1.3, or at least will be when I merge Snarko's code; Haven't had time just yet. He's also taught the AI to go for Shrine victories, found a bug that had it valuing units too much (from the decimal xp, so in FF as well), and is working on teaching the AI to claim forts. Needless to say, Snarko is awesome. :lol: Oh, and he fixed the movement lag that existed in FF and RifE.

I think the non-standard city bug may be fixed; He fixed a bug with that today, but we haven't tested to see if that was the OOS source yet.

Navy work hasn't happened yet. With about 5 minutes of xml work I had it using ships intelligently, just needed to get it to go for the techs... But there's not much point as yet. MAJOR unit changes planned for 1.5, just like we have leader changes for 1.4. ;)

If you would like team forum access (and SVN access, at least download, as a result), go here, search for Rise from Erebus, and hit join. I'll approve it. ;)

I have been playing your Mod a lot lately, and come upon the following idea to change the mechanics. The conqueror trait (was Tolerant in FFH2) should be much more widely available...in fact, I think it should be available to all Civs except The Angels and Demons. It would need to be revamped however. I was thinking that it occurs as an option (or even automagically) if you capture and do not raise a city. To compensate for this, all bonuses from the civ specific buildings are halved, both for your exisiting civilization and those that you build in the captured cities, with the exception of palaces( and you are still limited to 1). Ideally you could eventually flavor this so that those civs that would not be Tolerant of others would basically build renamed versions of the same thing and claim that they invented it. You could even take it further and allow those buildings to be built in cities away from that original culture, but make them only 25% as effective. This would more readily simulate what actually happens, with most cultures merging to some extent, instead of simply wiping the others out (although that would still be an option).

lLso, 1 other thing, Baron Halfmoon, should not be able to capture other nations heroes...gives the nation that builds him a huge advantage. Two games ago I had 10 heroes, 4 that were from other nations becuse of this flaw.

What's the state of the AI in Fall Further compared to FFH2? I haven't played FFH2 in a bit (maybe 6 months), and I just reinstalled the game and have been playing some Fall Further. It seems like the AI in FF is really struggling. My recollection is that I could get a good challenge on Emperor in FFH2, but now I'm winning on Immortal in FF and I'm presumably out of practice. I've also noticed the stack AI doing some really questionable things, particularly not attacking a city when I'm almost certain they would succeed.

I really like the FF content, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice significant AI performance. Or am I just remembering the FFH2 AI as being better than it really is?

This looks great and I really wanna play it, problem is, game crashes when I try to launch Fall Further. I have Fall from Heaven 2 installed and it runs perfectly but Fall Further just crashes. Im sure I installed it correctly, just cant figure out whats wrong. I'ld love a little help.

Thx in advance

Edit: nvm Im an idiot, I havent patched the game, ever, cuz I always play multiplayer in all games but never have in Civ so didnt even think about patches. :/

Credits

Archos Civ
Unit Art - Modified from existing FFH Artwork
Leaderhead - "Thomas Anlauf" (Posted on Elfwood)
Music - Posted previously by Stoik (DiploWar music)
Original Suggestion and Flag - Slvynn
Palace Art - Woodelf and Winddelay

Chislev Civ
Unit Art - bernie14, sepamu92 (From Civfanatics FileDB)
Leaderhead - Kirby Sattler (Website here)
Music - White Buffalo by Native Amazonas

Dural Civ
Unit Art - danrell (From Civfanatics FileDB)
Leaderhead - Patron Wizard (Magic: The Gathering)
Statues of the Seven Virtues Art - Woodelf and Winddelay

Mazatl Civ
Unit Art - From Dragonia Mod (Woodelf, Winddelay and Darque)
Hero Art and Wyvern Guard - remodeled and reskinned by Winddelay

Cualli Civ
Unit Art - From Dragonia Mod (Woodelf, Winddelay and Darque)
Leaderhead - Saurus Warrior (WHFB - property of Games Workshop)

Kahdi Civ
Initial civ concept, concept artwork and original lore: Slyvnn
Unit Art - NikNaks, Slyvnn and Varietas Delectat
Music - Ambition (louisfoxfire.com)

What do you mean by previously posted by stoik? cause i can't find a stoik anywhere

hi there
i have a problem:

the KI never built any wonders (i played in king mode)

i played the version 0.51 with the newest patches

what kind of problem can it be?

thx

I tried Fall further several times now, and though it is a Fun-Mod, there are a LOT of features, which seem ridiculously aggravating and thus NO fun at all.

Barbarians: they spawn everywhere, even on tiles you can see. No Fun.
They spawn in masses of more than 4 at a time. No fun.
They spawn far too often.
Animals are ridiculously strong. No Fun.

Loki cannot be killed. (!!!!!) Not only no Fun but just crap.

The combat odds are as ridiculously wrong as they are in the original game. FFH2 seemed to have adressed that, but FF does not.
The AI behaviour is as stupid as in the original game. Attacking just to have attacked, no matter what relations one has. FFH2 seemed to have adressed that too, at least it felt like that. FF hasn't? No Fun.

What version of FFH2 does FF base on?
What direction is it beeing developed to? As it is, it is, in spite of LOTS of great additional ideas, of NO FUN. Sadly.

What version of FFH2 does FF base on?
What direction is it beeing developed to? As it is, it is, in spite of LOTS of great additional ideas, of NO FUN. Sadly.

I don't know what the last FfH2 version was that FF used, so can't help you there.

As for your second question, I do know that FF isn't being developed any further and hasn't been for some time now, the last patch was released over 2 years ago.

that ... I thought it was still being worked on!!!!
Argh! Well then, there's no need to bother any further then.

I will have to cope with what there is...

RifE includes the majority of FF content and is still being worked on.

As for your list of complaints:
Barbarians can spawn in visible territory because to do otherwise allows one wellplaced hawk to pacify a continent. Fog-busting is not a good mechanic.
Barbs spawn in groups because they are meant to be challenging. In fact, in RifE we added a spawngroups mechanic so we can have different units spawn together. Sometimes with special promotions
Again, expansion should be a challenge. It is even moreso in RifE.
And in RifE animals are stronger and have more variety.

hi ive played FF for some time alongside FFH and RiFe

but there is something that bugs me about FF. that is the power of seige weaponry (well mainly just catapults) a catapult with City Raider III (a total of +300% city attack) seems to take down very highly promoted archers all the time.

for example.
i commonly play the Austrin and usually find it hard to get along with AI players (so war begins yay ^_^) but AI players bring in armies of about 2-5 axe/swords men or champions with around 5-10 catapults (and several more in straggling armies at the back) all promoted with City Raider 2 or 3, they bombard the city defence to 0% and when they attack around 75-80% of the time they defeat my Archers who are usually promoted with First Strike Lvl 4, Precision, Keen Eye, Combat 2 and Double fortification, my brother who only plays FF also suffers to this,

i find the annoying as a catapult with City Raider 3 should have around 4 points of strength in total and a archer on defence already beats this (just) with 5 defensive points as well as any other promotion.

so i was wondering if anybody knows of any modules for FF which either cools down the power of a catapult or the City raiders promotions, or if not, if there are any modules that completely remove seige weaponry from FF, The Svaltalfar and Ljolsafar civs play without em so i'd like if all other civs can.
thanks for any help offered :)

I'm not sure, but you probably could open civ4unitinfos.xml and change catapult requirements

<PrereqTech>TECH_CONSTRUCTION</PrereqTech> to <PrereqTech>TECH_NEVER</PrereqTech>

Top Bottom