1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Skulbow, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

next should be a great writer theming bonus for works from different writers but the same era. that way you would want to use them and trade great works around more to get optimal benefits.

2. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

And afterwards you complain they didn't adress balance stuff? Right, they didn't. Still a good patch (haven't played yet but from what I read)... Even some basic UI-things I would like to get adressed haven't been, but I'm confident! ;)

nzcamel likes this.
  3. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

Added UI to show the next tile a city will grow to
    Not working properly, twice city expanded to a different tile, then it switched to another tile and still hasn't expanded to the original tile it showed

4. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

Speaking of which: The management screen for Great Works is horrible (why all the restrictions on switching Great Works around?). Plus having to trade them in the diplomacy screen where I can't get info on the Great Work in question (type, era) makes getting the right combo of Great Works a game of chance. :)

What was wrong with Civ V's solution of a separate GW-trading screen that gave me all the info I needed at a glance and didn't require me to switch over to the diplomacy-screens?

S.

nzcamel, fatgordy, Estelil and 2 others like this.
  5. Europa Victrix

Europa Victrix Chieftain

I have to admit I'm surprised the first patch arrived this fast. At the same time though, many of the bugs they fixed now should not have been in the release version to begin with.

racha likes this.
  6. Emi999

Emi999 Chieftain

I like that the mod I chose to use were already implementing some of the AI/diplomacy changes that are now in this patch.
    But the lack of penalty on joint wars for the faction who asked you to wage war in the first place is a GREAT fix.

7. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I can understand why it is not possible to switch artifacts from not filled museums. It would be a bad thing for yourself if your archeologist disappears, because the museum he originated is full and you have to build another one in the city you pulled the artifact out of.
    Why you have to wait 10 turns is beyond me. I would understand if you wait 1 or 3 turns and in the meantime you don't get any benefit of a GWoA, because it is traveling.
    And yes - the GWoA trading screen needs an overhaul. I can estimate what kind of Art things are usually, but with some of the far eastern painters I could be wrong. If era would be important as well, this would be very difficult, indeed.

Estelil likes this.
  8. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

Easy fix: Don't bind the Archeologist directly to the museum that built him. Simply make him a "builder for archeological sites" with three charges. Put the artifact he discovers into the nearest museum and lift the restrictions on switching artifacts around. I mean: It's not like the current system serves any real purpose (that I can see) - you'll most probably have to switch artifacts around anyway to get theming bonuses.

If that 10 turn-waiting period serves an "internal"/gameplay/balancing purpose: Simply shift the restriction from the player's ability to move stuff around to the theming bonus kicking in. Meaning: I can instantly re-arrange my stuff as often as I like, but even if I manage to generate a theming bonus, that bonus will only come in X turns *after* I unlocked it.

S.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    rbird likes this.
  9. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

Looks like City states can now upgrade units without strategic resources... no iron is present and a swordsman is present

Attached Files:

10. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Started a new game, met Gandhi and suddenly had a -3 diplo modifier because I had troops near his cities - Only one I had was a warrior that was far away...

\Skodkim

11. Xur

Xur Prince

Still no sleep/sentry option?

12. Wr4ith

Wr4ith Chieftain

So everybody is excited about unit cycling and cosmetic changes :), any info about real game-breaking exploit which is production overflow?

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  13. Ikael

Ikael King

Nah don't worry, I am aware that some of my complaints are more subjective / personal (more of a wishlist) while others are more widespread, me thinks.

I expressed myself badly, it is the curve increase cost of districts that it is out of whack. I mean, any mechanic that involves "punishing" the player for advance in the game is counter intuitive, and I don't think that I am alone in thinking that the formula could get a rework or that production has become >the< bottleneck to overcome, overshadowing the previously all-powerful science.

So we might have more strategies and city placement options avaible, of course :) Why else should any aspect of a strategy game be balanced?

I also hope for some boosts to weak civs and UI, but I don't think that this is mod balance material, at all. Rebalance doesn't mean reworking the core mechanics of the game, which seems totally fine to me.

whyidie, PeterChu, skyclad and 2 others like this.
  14. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Getting rid of God of the Forge bug (I hope this is included in the mentioned pantheon bug fixes) and nerfing cavalry production policies already fixes the worst part of it. Sure it can still be exploited to some degree, but not nearly as game-breaking as it used to be.

15. Xaviarlol

Xaviarlol Warlord

You should try my mod, fixes the top 2 issues in your list.

Ikael likes this.
  16. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

Come on Firaxis, we really need these two changes if we're going to be able to manage a large empire:
    1. Correct notification of the last city build - impossible to manage cities properly if you don't know what was built last
    2. Sleep function for units - the only way to effectively police your borders of other regions of interest/concern
    These must be reasonably easy changes to make and I'm surprised how little fuss these boards make in asking for these two

17. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Disappointed with the contents of the patch to be honest. Lots of major bugs not addressed (overflow, map pins, unit movement overlay, etc...). And of course almost nothing on the AI or more general game balance, but I wasn't expecting that. Now to try and make it compatible with my mods...

grandad1982 likes this.
  18. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

Christ.. is this still not fixed? :(

Also: I want my build-queue back. With a game that favors ICS/large empires this heavily, I don't want to have to remember what I want to build next in every single city I own. Messed up "just finished building"-message makes this even worse.

S.

ljofthemm, Fromage10x, narmox and 2 others like this.
  19. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

I have tested this in the vanilla version - when you use an archaeologist whose museum is full (due to trade or spy) you can still use his remaining charges to dig out artifacts but these artifacts just disappear/cannot be found anywhere. There is not even a warning that the museum is already full.

20. criZp

criZp Emperor

What gets me is the amount of people actually complaining they can't sell their soldiers any more. What's the matter? You produce soldiers to kill stuff and you delete them to get rid of their maintaince cost. You use district projects to convert production into gold. It's such an absolute non issue.