Fall To Pieces: Modular Mods by Iceciro

Ahhh. I see.

As another spoiler, something I'm still working on - but probabaly won't come packaged with Moar Leaders, because it's so off-standard.

Spoiler Morthas of the Blank Banner :

I'm not sure how a lot of people would react to the Blank Banner, but ever since I came across the idea I liked it, and it's a throwback to the way the Elohim are in FFH2.

I think reimplementing tolerant exactly as is, maybe not a great idea. How I'd like to see Blank Banner implemented:

If possible, it would be good for all units you build which aren't native elohim, to start with a "Blank Banner" promotion which grants permanant hidden nationality. ie, they cannot declare. Also give the ability to enlist any non-disciple unit you have into the blank banner, perhaps for a cost. And make doing so lower your alignment. Possibly only if you have the blank banner trait, or perhaps even as an ability available to all elohim

Then, make the Blank Banner promotion exclude pacifist, rather than doing that by trait.

I think I'll steal that one too, even if I already have a tolerant leader... :lol: Thessalonica can be given something else. Was looking at a Blank Banner leader as it was.... Although I'd think I'd go with a bit more militant of a trait. FFPlus has Tolerant and Conqueror. Going to be changing Tolerant to provide a popup when you build a city within a certain range of a foreign city, asking if you'd like to allow immigration. Essentially, build a city with 5? 8? tiles of the Clan, and you'll be able to make a Clan city. Conqueror will gain GC emergence, and some military buffs.

Oh, and a random idea for another trait

Righteous
-------------------------
You don't lose alignment or raise the AC, when you raze a city.

Hmm... As a civ-trait, I'd see it more as:

Righteous
-------------------------
You don't lose alignment or raise the AC, when you raze a city that does not follow your religion.

Now, you could limit this by the state religion of the civ whose city it was, but I think it would be better to base it off what religions are in the city. If just your state religion, and possibly one or two others, the trait does not come into effect. If your religion is not present, or if too many are present (Damn Kurios! :lol:) the trait comes into play, and you can raze without fearing penalties.

I tend to overbalance in the direction of trying not to make things overpowered, and as it stands, the Blank Banner is his only trait because he can still pick up other traits like normal Elohim can, and the Elohim are balanced around being weaker outside of thier own borders (which Morthas is not). An important point is that he's being designed to work very well with the new AI, in which he should be your best friend if you're also good (ESPECIALLY if you share his religion) but if you're evil he should drive after you with a vengance if you do anything remotely wrong like wardec his friends, refuse his tributes, etc. Then he'll pay other good AIs to join the fight and in theory turn it into a major crusade.

Of course, I've removed the AI-to-AI bonuses given out standard, so he should behave this way evenly to everyone, not just particular to the player :D He should be a real polarizing force on Erebus when he's drawn as an AI for that game.

maybe add to righteous the obligation of razing cities with another religion ( or an opposed religion maybe). Morthas gonna be my new favorite leader. (That story is great)

other thoughts : a Freak paladin unique unit for him would be good too

First post updated with... a slew of modular mods I've been waiting to put out. Seriously, go look - there's a lot of them. The Blank Banner mod is still in development, though. But a lot of new stuff up! Go look, Go play, Have fun!

Also added the Multiplayer Stability mods in the second patch - useless if you play SP, but almost required if you're playing patch B Multiplayer.

MRLD link points to MoarLeaders - I did get it via browsing your files on MediaFire, and it does work. Thank you, btw, these look great!

MRLD link points to MoarLeaders - I did get it via browsing your files on MediaFire, and it does work. Thank you, btw, these look great!

This problem is fixed! Thanks, hbar. And I'm just glad to see people using them - I'd have coded them anyways, but now I get to share them with more people!

BlockKurios
The Kuriotates (more specifically, their 3-rings of plots they can work) can be traced as the cause of some of the OOSes when the plots get mixed up. This module disallows the AI from choosing the Kurios.
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?ktztqzi1mdt

OOSBreak
One of the biggest current issues with out of synchs, at least in patch B, are ranged attacks. As a very band-aid solution, OOSBreaker removes Ranged attacks from everything, except Force 2 mages (which I've never seen the AI use.) This is a very wide stroke of the pen, but has allowed my playtest group to continue games we thought were totally un-salvagable.

ThousandFails
For the same reason the extra ring of tiles makes the Kurios cause crashes, so too does the City of a Thousand Slums. Thus, it has been modified to give bonus health and a hammer per unhappy population in the hopes its still useful to build a massive-super-production city with.

These all point to the block kurios file, does that file do all three things?

Why not just redesign the Kurios to be dirrerent, give them something besides the 4 cities size 3 radius like a size 22 dragon 0 movement no defense bonus to guard their capitol. Frees up an early warrior, goes with their flag, and give them dragon cult or something to start.

I have never liked that race anyway. Make them something cool. Or make them single player only unless you think there is a chance the oos issue with radius 3 cities will get fixed.

Ffff, no, I just wasn't paying attention when I put up the links. Go me. EDIT: Fixed.

And as for the Kurios, I've been tossing around plans to make them playable again. I think they have some neat stuff going for them besides just the odd supercity stuff, and with some tweaking could be fixed to not use the 3 plot radius, and therefore, desynch.

Kuriotates have a lot going for them. Settlements are extremely potent when coupled with the spread of guilds, or the use of OO as your religion because of the free culture it gives. Runes of kilmorph is good too for the gold. there are quite a few ways to get yields out of settlements, with no cost due to their 0 maintenance.

Also, kurio have a mounted line which gets defensive bonuses, opening up interesting new playstyles. Give it a try sometime. And they have quite a few UBs and general socioeconomic advantages. Overall they're one of my favourite civs to play.

Plus, they have a dragon. what's not to like ?

One of my playtesters loves the Kuriotates, but since they're an OOS culprit, he never gets to use them. It's part of why I harp on it so much - doing it on a friend's behalf.

Top Bottom