Fall To Pieces: Modular Mods by Iceciro

I got the feeling the problem is with the race's Balance but more with it causing MP issues.

One of my playtesters loves the Kuriotates, but since they're an OOS culprit, he never gets to use them. It's part of why I harp on it so much - doing it on a friend's behalf.

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Xienwolf say that the Kurio OOS bug was fixed now?

Nope. I'd be that playtester Ice mentioned, and every time we play a game with the Kuriotates we get up to about turn 100-150 and the game goes boom. Not that the game doesn't tend to go boom around turn 230 anyway, but with the Kuriotates it tends to happen a lot faster. Which is a shame, I adore the Kuriotates.

Games go boom a lot less now that I've gotten a handle on ranged attacks doing it.

hmmm I play MP (2 player) with a friend Never more than 6 AI Standard mapsize or smaller. We get the OCCASIONAL OOS but typically a reload fixes it. Most of our game last 400+ turns Some 700

Heading to the community for discussion on a couple of my leaders:

I wanted to make Cecilia rather focused on her skeleton army, lead by Scion priests, but in game that doesn't seem to be the case... for two reasons. Currently, rushing Priesthood/Code of Laws lets you summon Specters very early (since Doomsayers get channeling 2) and this seems a little overpowered to me (probably going to block that from happening with some invincible promotions, locking Death 2 off to Disciple units until you actually get sorcery) and because while the hordes of skeletons (who can get promotions!) are great in the early game, they quickly get surpassed by anything above Bronzeworking tech level and simply become cannon fodder for the rest of the Scions to do the actual work - meaning your priests quickly go from "summoners of my awesome skele army" to "meh, throw some expendable specters at it but use real units to mop up."

So I've got a couple relatively decent (I think) proposals, and one that is interesting but I can't quite judge and would wonder if people would find it cool/interesting/worthwhile.

1) For her skeles, I have thought of two plans.
A) Give them Death Mana Affinity at a certain tech - perhaps Necromancy, maybe Sorcery - allowing you to make them stronger with investment and control in Death mana nodes.
B) Give them auto-acquire promotions at certain experience levels that boost their strength.

I'm leaning more heavily towards A as it lets you invest what you want to in your skeleton army, but you don't get it for free and you get to boost new skeletons instead of having to handpick battles for str 3 skeletons to make them stronger.

2) A second idea that I thought would be interesting is that with Religious Law, Sorcery, and Necromancy, a skeleton with a certain level (6? 8? 10?) is allowed to join a Scion city as a Reborn might - the necromantic energies fully awakening it to un-life. Too good? Too weird?

On a second note, Weevil, Pickle, And Hyde needs something to differentiate them as a leader further than just being Agg/Cre/Adaptive. That feels weak for such an oddball leader, but I have no idea where to take the buggers.

I'm not a fan of the affinity idea. Scions are already reliant on a couple of other mana types, like getting dimensional/chaos/entropy/shadow to build the Tower of Necromancy, and also Body Mana for the flesh studio and corpus spells. Doesn't the Cathedral of Rebirth need life mana too ? Also sun/water mana to turn any terrain you find into plains since it's the best for them by far. And all that is in addition to things that any civ might normally want, like earth for the defensive bonuses, fire for siege, enchantment for magic weapons, etc

Perhaps, a free promotion at Necromancy to allow them to use metal weapons would be good. And possibly a Death II spell to summon skeletal champions or somesuch, as well as allowing existing skeletons to upgrade to those.

On a second note, Weevil, Pickle, And Hyde needs something to differentiate them as a leader further than just being Agg/Cre/Adaptive. That feels weak for such an oddball leader, but I have no idea where to take the buggers.

Maybe give them 3 different sets of traits, and have a 50% chance every 10 turns, to switch to one of the 2 randomly chosen trait sets you're not currently on. Effectively 3 leaders in one, arguing over the throne

I love the idea for Weevil/Pickle/Hyde! :D That'll be done when I move over to modular python.

What module nerfs the Lizard workers? We don't want to use that one but we don't want to eliminate the modules one at a time until we find the one that kills it.

Lizard workers aren't nerfed by my modules - they work really slowly by default.
And then it's worse because they're usually working in Jungle which adds to the problem. Jungled Marshes seem to take years to develop.

because while the hordes of skeletons (who can get promotions!) are great in the early game, they quickly get surpassed by anything above Bronzeworking tech level and simply become cannon fodder for the rest of the Scions to do the actual work - meaning your priests quickly go from "summoners of my awesome skele army" to "meh, throw some expendable specters at it but use real units to mop up."

Allow the priests to start summoning Revenents and/or Bone Hordes at some point rather than Skeletons?

EDIT:
If you go the "Add to city" route I suggestion the rationale be that control over the Skeletons has become so sure and fine that they can do the work of citizens even though they aren't.

I like that, Tarq. Input from the guy who coded the scions is appreciated when I'm uh, making a leader for the scions.

I vote for giving her some Skelly upgrades with Death 2. :lol:

What module nerfs the Lizard workers? We don't want to use that one but we don't want to eliminate the modules one at a time until we find the one that kills it.

You might want to steal the Deep Shapers from RLD... Makes the Lizard Workers worthwhile. Once they hit a certain level, they can transform forest to Jungle, and for a cost can grow a jungle from nothing. :goodjob:

Added Sacrifice The Weak Unnerfed because someone asked for it and it took me about 30 seconds to do. :lol:

What bout haveing beast masters come with subdue beast?

oooohhh btw we tried the oos breaker this weekend. It made the game oos in the very early part of the game. It also started us in oos we had to save and reload. It gave us an oos every few turns in the early game. We had to remove it. Then everything was fine until we started in on the gobbie archers.

How odd. The only way I'd think OOSBreaker could CAUSE an out of synch is if someone installed it wrong, or not at all - everyone has to be running a module.

EDIT for minor less snarkiness: My playtest group all has OOSBreaker and we can, of course, report that it doesn't seen to "cause" OOSes but allows us to play a longer game with more rare out-of-synchs. They crop up from time to time, but aren't traceable to me quite yet (Or I'd have made a fuss about them!)

I don't push anything out to the FF community I haven't extensively playtested, with the exception of very simple "does it blend" stuff like the STW Unnerfer.

Top Bottom