Fall To Pieces: Modular Mods by Iceciro

Updated: FlatLead
Xiven gets his "choose alignment" popup back and once more gets Korinna if he starts as the Scions. Also, tweaked him a bit (less upkeep penalty, no great general rate buff, free Scourge promotion to his mutant disciple units so they can go hunt their counterparts.)

Added: Piece of Recon
This module removes the 2 free XP from the Austrin's exploration guild. It also prevents them from building the Hunters Hall as that building only trains units to the same level their Exploration Guild does and is a waste of time and hammers to produce. Lastly, it adds the Surround I and Surround II promotions, which do to recon what Shock does to melee.

The Hunter's hall is needed to build a Master outfitter. You just broke the Austrin :rolleyes:

I think having both also trains them faster.

I posted in your other thread about it. But to add. Recon units are generally weak. Austrin recon units being stronger only makes them somewhat competent. The Archos for example are Far more capable of steamrolling with their uber brutes. Removing their free xp is not like removing death from vampires. Because the vampires still had body magic, and infinite xp feasting. Explorers are left with nothing that makes them more survivable than any other recon unit. it's more akin to removing feast from vampires.

As to an Anti Recon promotion, I'd call it "Pursuit" and make it have Mobility as a prereq. Possibly only available to mounted and other recon units. That way, you'd actually have to build mounted units as a counter. With making it available to melee, it's more or less just a case of picking a slightly different "stuff to kill" button then steamrolling with hordes of axemen as normal. Except, easier, since recon units are not as strong as the melee/archery lines.

This may be a kneejerk reaction from me watching it happen, but that's why modular mods are great- people who want to try the game this way can, people who don't, don't have to. Later on I can turn them off, or do whatever.

I'd hate giving it to mounted, mainly because that's the only line you absolutly NEED a certain resource to build for most civs. And I'd probably hate Recon a lot worse if the AI didn't spam them. All the time. I'd rather fight Axemen. >_>

Re-uploaded Piece of Recon to remove the attempt to block the Hunters Hall from the Austrin.

Uploaded Naval Antics. I've done some light testing on this and would love more feedback - but at this stage, just pulling the crew promotions and adding an extra cargo space to naval ships makes the AI interested in the water again. Trouble is, they don't highly prioritize Fishing and the naval line, so they'll have to trade a player or perhaps the Lanun for the naval techs. But I have seen them found cities on other landmasses and launch a naval assault.
Once again, I'd love more feedback on this.

I really look forward to the Naval stuff, that is huge if it fixes the AI and Naval invasion.

I plan on trying all of these some time this weekend. Except the Recon one. Minor issue as it is... I don't like removing the exp from the building because of one encounter. I have never seen the issue you did, it seems to have been a fluke.

P.S. Kirby was suggesting giving the Anti recon level 1 to everyone and level 2 to Mounted only. So would not be ONLY limited to mounted, just the extended version.

As for what other modules would I like to see...

More spell line revamps. Could even do each spell line as its own module. Would really like to see maybe more than 1 spell per level if you have, or get, enough ideas.

I think a spell revamp one sphere at a time would let people test and try out stuff and maybe eventually get absorbed

Updated versions of the Holy Warriors and Calabim Assassin/Shadow UU modules. Though it might be best to make the original author do it.

I plan on trying all of these some time this weekend. Except the Recon one. Minor issue as it is... I don't like removing the exp from the building because of one encounter. I have never seen the issue you did, it seems to have been a fluke.

P.S. Kirby was suggesting giving the Anti recon level 1 to everyone and level 2 to Mounted only. So would not be ONLY limited to mounted, just the extended version.

I played through a full game with the Austrin, and I will say, they don't suffer one bit for the loss of those 2xp, even if you want to rush and eat your neighbors. It just tips it farther in that direction. I killed the Hippus after they had horseman with the freakin' Austrin. 0_o With the patchmod in.

I may play with where I put Surround 2. I actually don't pick up more than Surround 1 almost all the time, and even that's usually for my opening scouts and hunters (freakin' savage lizardmen.) I don't use it as often as I'd like but it's nice to have when I do want it.

And yeah, I need to get new links up for about half the downloads. I did a big round-robin of updates due to playtesting over the weekend. [New links up now!]

Okay what does your Culliai (evil lizards I can't spell) mod do? I saw it listed under your public files.

Ahh. Not too much, hence why it hasn't been publicly released yet.
It gives them a temple-like building at Mysticism (with the requisite +1 happiness from the Religion civic) and makes their sacrifical altar give them +1 happiness with their Blood and Sacrifice civic and +2exp to melee units.

Lastly, when the Cualli have researched Way of the Wicked, all of their units get a 25% chance to capture a slave in combat under Blood and Sacrifice, allowing them to keep using their custom civic instead of swapping to slavery without overpowering them by delivering the ability at the start of the game. The promotion disappears if they swap out of B+S and reappears if they swap back, making it just like the Slavery chance's end result.

Basically it's designed to help them close the gap of being agnostic and compared to the Mazatl, who have a bunch of temple-replacements and a far better unique civic.

Unfortunantly, because I have to give civic bonuses by buildingclass and a lot of the civs share the "unique_building_civ1" or whatever the Sacrifical Altar is, you'll see a whole lot of things saying they give +1 happy under Blood and Sacrifice, things like Khadi gates and anything using that building class.

ahh...

I agree that race does need tweaked for exactly the religion reason you mentioned. I don't care for the way you have chosen to do it... but then I lean away from every "evil" option no matter what race I play so feel free to ignore my criticism. I just don't do evil well. I am currently playing them (coughwithyourmodcough) and am not even running blood and sacrifice nor slavery.

heh I tend to play every race as "The redeemer" I try and get almost every single race I play to "good" alignment. Hence my comments on the event thread about changing stuff to push alignments. What is fun for me probably would not translate to most folks playing the race.

Requesting a single download for all the modules at some point.

"All Flat" perhaps?

*Snickers*

You should also upload the AI Diplomacy tweaks sir, I am sure people will be equally as amazed at the changes as we all were.

I'm still working on some of the modules we were playtesting. Not quite everything is where I'd want it to be for public consumption.

Because I wouldn't ever dream of bumping this back up a few days later, without actually putting something I could pretend was content: Don't worry, the mad master of modmodmodules is still working bit by bit to bring you a better Erebus!

Spoiler Cecilia :

Of course, her trait is not to be confused with his...

Spoiler Naxus :

Interesting leaders - and traits. I love the free Death I for adepts.

As a side note, skeletons are currently only no unitcombat to prevent them gaining xp. They will be returned to melee when we get a promotion tag that completely blocks levelling/xp

Deathtouched and Necromancer though, sound a bit too similar for my liking. I'd say merge them, personally. It's not that the names are confusing, but just that two death/necromancy traits seems rather messy. Much like having "Defender" and "Protective" in FF+ was messy.

If you merge them, I'd use necromancer as the trait name.

As to an Anti Recon promotion, I'd call it "Pursuit" and make it have Mobility as a prereq. Possibly only available to mounted and other recon units. That way, you'd actually have to build mounted units as a counter. With making it available to melee, it's more or less just a case of picking a slightly different "stuff to kill" button then steamrolling with hordes of axemen as normal. Except, easier, since recon units are not as strong as the melee/archery lines.

I'd still like to see melee units be able to take the Anti-Recon line, but you could make it that they can't do so without at least Mobility I (to represent their ability to keep pace).

Top Bottom