Fall with Fleme

I honestly don't have strong objections any civs really. I think if I had to choose, I'd select a human/undead/elven or similar civ because that would give the widest variety of models for me to use as heroes for that civ. For example the Mazatl and the Cualli would be limited in models for potential heros, the civs being lizards.

The other preference I'd like to set is to avoid civs/leaders with the agnostic trait because having religion play a part adds a whole box of tricks for me to play with and consequently increases the variety you as players get. The Austrin are fine other than I was hoping to use Harmatt as a base for a custom hero but we can surely work around that :)

But honestly, you shouldn't consider any of these as limitations - simply as my preferences. I can make lore to fit heroes with other models than those that are native to specific civs and even if you are agnostic, it doesn't mean that you couldn't have a hero who's devout. All in all games like this come down to imagination and to that there's no limitations as long as we're all willing to believe :)

I'm hoping that someone shows interest over the weekend so I could get cracking with the actual game next week.

That's very strange about your screenies, Jarrema. Seems like I've seen something like that before - maybe even on my own PC, but can't recall what the issue was at the time. You might try a 3rd party screen capture tool. SnagIt is a very good one that I use professionally - here's a link to a free trial:

SnagIt

If that does not work then there is a problem inherent to your PC.

Thanks, I will give it a try :)

Brian - Did you try that latest RB FFH scenario? I'm curious as to how hard it is. Might try it for fun.

Tried the first one, and I actually ran out of time. As the second one was happening over a period when I was travelling up home a lot I haven't tried it (despite picking it up on opening day).

I'll probably pick up the next one, and at least die on it.

@Fleme I can post a notice up at RB right now if you want.

Dammit.

Sign me up. I've found time to come back to these forums and have been wanting to play for too long. Joining this SG will give me a reason not to join the RB PBEM games. I'm up for FF and any civ. I'll install the latest version of the mod tonight and see what's what.

Dammit, Civ 4. Dammit, Fleme.

Brian: Go ahead and do it for the last slot and possible subs (unless you didn't already). Thanks for the signup Dienekes, good to have you on board!

So, guys, we're at 5 on the roster now and I'd like for you to start discussing the civ of choice. the Austrin have been thrown out there as have the Dural. Any other suggestions on the civ?

As far as other ideas and suggestions go, this is the perfect time to present them. Since we're at 5 people now, I will most likely start setting up on sunday and we'll be playing this thing by next Wednesday (can't be hurried, this weekend will see the end of my exam spree in the form of... some sort of debauchery no doubt). Anyhow, it's best to get some votes in on the chosen civ so people can familiarize themselves with it.

Dural is high on religious priority for their UBs, so I'm inclined to sway towards Austrin highlanders. Not Archos, though. They are hax.

The Austrin do seem like a fun option all in all, because you can go any way with them and that opens up a lot of possibilities for me to tinker around as well.

Sounds fun... I'll sign up

I'm playing in a vanilla FFH patch O SG too (a different one.) No experience with the mod mods though, would appreciate if someone could quickly summarize the changes in whichever one we go for

It seems that the consensus is on Fall Further 0.51C (latest patch) and if I'm reading right between the lines, the Austrin civ will be the one used.

Austrin Wiki

Basically a civ oriented at exploration - they can settle very far apart from each other and are not as reliant in "solid" empires as other civs are due to an UB present in every city.

All in all FF introduces quite a few new civs, some nifty new stuff but honestly it's best just to install the game and see what has changed :) I'm bound to miss stuff.

Fall Further Download Remember to patch up to C.

I had what is hopefully my last university ever (that is a fact unless I flunked something) and this weekend is about resetting the brain. On sunday night or monday I'll start creating the map and hopefully can post a start for you to look at by then.

Now that the roster is full with uberfish's arrival, I hope you'll start discussing about the chosen civ (Is it Austrin? - I am honestly fine with any) and even tossing around ideas. I had good time to think about new quests and stuff today while driving to the exam and back (4 hours each) and I'm really excited to start creating!

I think that for now it is 2 votes for Austrin and 1 for Dural?
Let new players vote too

Well I dropped down a few levels when I finally got FF installed, just to see any additional mechanics in the modmod, and I random rolled the Austrin on my fourth go (my first 3 were all Auric the leader I'm currently playing as in FfH). Now while dropping down the levels allowed me to be really strong against the AI, the UB is really handy, as a mini Summer/Winter palace it really cuts expenses. And while the ability to found (after preparation) cities with explorer units is handy, I don't see how we could depend on it for our main vector of growth.

As regards how to play the game, I'd say look at the map first and see what it gives us.

I don't want to impose Austrin so don't get me wrong there. I occasionally jump to conclusions and this is clearly one of those times :) I'm not going to generate anything until a vote has gone through the players on what to play. I like the Austrin from my point of view for this game because an exploring civ (and based on humans at that) can stumble upon just about anything I can imagine and isn't in a sense confined to their own specific lore as their lore is to explore.

Still, I have no objections about going into specifics either or doing this for any civ because honestly they're all wells of opportunity waiting to be tapped.

What do other people vote? And don't say Austrin just because I've posted stuff here, just say what you'd like to see played.

Well, you know my vote is Austrin since I suggested. I think they provide a good "neutral" option for the game and despite the focus on recon units, Austrin does have some meatier units. Seems like a very RPG like civ. I'll play anything though.

Congrats on graduation, Fleme. What university did you attend?

University of Vaasa here in Finland - majored in International Business/Management and will graduate as... I guess the official title is Master of Science (Business Administration) or M.Sc.(Bus.Adm.) but that won't be until the end of April (graduation scheduling) and after that it's time for the big trip starting on the 15th of May... Basically I'm working 10-15 hours a week until that point and will be able to devote my time on this project.

I actually started this SG partly to keep my mind focused on something because I've had so much on my mind as of late. Now that now that I'm pretty much done with school (2 more written assignments to hand in) I need a distraction, and what better way than the game you enjoy to spend your time with.

This weekend, however, is about me pressing the metaphorical reset button. :lol:

Ah...I didn't even realize you were a Finn. We have a Finn on our SGOTM team - Stuge. I believe yall know how to press that reset button quite well up there :) Great major, by the way - should be rewarding.

Definitely have a blast this weekend. Looking forward to the start up next week and to see what you have in store for us.

WellI never playef Fall further, so I don't know the Ausstrin et.

I have no objection, though. I'll download the mod and try it a little.
I'll have a look at other civs too.

I'm nearly done fighting my drunken haze and ready to start creating the map tomorrow. Unless any more votes come in, I will consider that as a go for the Austrin.

Game is now live. See first post for the starting screenshot and the save. I will go over some notes and rules in this post to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone

-Remember that ultimately your goal is to win the game in conventional means. However, the added role playing content will offer alternative ways to achieve those goals. Feel free to think outside the box as I sure will.

-The start is modified. It has the same resources as the original roll had but I rearranged the terrain to make the added content fit better.

-I reserve the right to make changes to terrain and other parts of the game if and when it suits the story.

-I will repeat that you should think outside the box. For example, I will offer you ways to please deities if you actively search for them and going down those paths will be rewarding in various ways. Other than religions, quests will lead you to unique combinations and stuff you would not otherwise see in the game.

-Random events created by me will indeed be random. I will do rolls every time the ball is in my field whether there should be an event by me followed by another roll on what theme the event should cover.

-I hope you will take screenshots of the events the game throws at you as I will occasionally use those as foundation for followups. Furthermore, I hope you will take screenshots (or have at least a detailed report or your unit standing there when I get the save)

-Resist the urge to look in the worldbuilder. I will inevitably need a bit of terrain for testing and other stuff - it will ruin it for you if you take a peek.

-After you've unlocked/created your first custom hero for this game, they will become the only ones to start quests. Until then, recon units will do the trick.

-There might be more but I forget. It's the first installment, so we'll develop it as we go. Ideas are still most welcome.

-The way this goes down is you play the set and upload the save with a report of your progress. I will then take the save and make necessary modifications and upload the save for the next player. If there are issues that need your decision, I will ask for those immediately as you upload (and I get the save) to not slow the progress down. After this, it's rinse and repeat.

With most bases covered, I hand the discussion to you and the save (see first post) to lymond. Preferably keep the first turn set in 10 turns or if you have not found a quest marker by that time, continue. After that, you can discuss between yourselves how you want the sets to be. If you opt for longer individual sets, that just means a lesser frequency of my intervention which is fine if you so choose. This is ultimately a game for you guys. For starters, you should discuss the obvious, meaning starting tech choice, settling location and the game overall.

Good luck, let's hope we have fun.

Oh, and so I don't forget:

RP is welcome but not mandatory!

Top Bottom