1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallen Enchantress

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Kael, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Chieftain

A minimum of a 2.4 GHz Processor? Did the specs change? I could have sworn my Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300@1.86GHz processor would be just fine based on previous material I read at the Stardock website. Oh well...

2. duckstab

duckstab Child of Noble Family

Dagnabbit, Kael, now I won't have any excuse not to upgrade my computer. Hope it's a hit!

3. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

OOooohhh… hope you don't go too hard on us and the memory requirements.

4. arstal

arstal Say No 2 Net Validations

I've been playing this game for a bit, it's shaping up to be better then WOM, though AI still needs work.

As for Jon, he's working primarily on another game, he's doing some work for FE but he's not in charge of the project.

5. joasoze

joasoze Chieftain

I am in the beta. I am a huge CIV IV fan, but I dropped CIV V. The first Elemental game was horrible. Fallen Enchantress is already a good game, and they will improve it for months yet.
    I am playing the beta for FUN, not for finding bugs. Its that good.

6. Malachi256

Malachi256 Chieftain

Please make the AI a priority =)

7. 4lexander

4lexander Chieftain

Good work Kael!!! :thumbsup:

8. Dimy

Dimy Monarch

Relax, that's only true for the beta version of the game. The release version won't have any always-online DRM, just a one time activation which is perfectly acceptable.

Back on topic, I've been playing Beta 2 and now Beta 3, the game is coming along pretty well. So far I'm loving it :).

9. stripe7

stripe7 Chieftain

Yeah, I have a bunch of Stardock games. They all require online activation and that is all. Can be played offline without any problems. No steam, just impulse. Still debating about buying into the beta. I only got WOM last year, it was a nice try but sadly lacking.

----

Ok. So I did not wait. Just pre-ordered the game. Just so you know it was on the Kael's reputation with FFH that I did so.

10. Semprini

Semprini Chieftain

Great game! I'm playing the beta... its really fun!

And who's purchased the first game will receive Fallen Enchantress for free.

11. stripe7

stripe7 Chieftain

Be nice if I could actually play the game. Refuses to let me log in to play. :p

12. Simplicity4

Simplicity4 Chieftain

I haven't played the latest beta but so far it's shaping up nicely compared to WoM. That's not saying much, unfortunately.

A lot of the game winds up being you versus the world instead of you versus other factions. I worry a bit that this will wind up getting old since the first 60% of my last game was hunting monsters. And then you realize that you're focusing much more on improving your sovereign than you are on improving your cities. Why? Because leveling up the sovereign is fun. And the city stuff is kind of opaque and bland in comparison. :-/
    Maybe I just don't fully "get" the city mechanics fully though.

I almost wonder if the city system would do better taking the RPG type approach also. XP bar. When you level up, you get some cool bonus for the city. There's some of that, but they don't match the people stuff in terms of coolness.

That said, I can feel something strong in the game, it just needs moar, and I don't know if the developers have the time to get it all in.

13. stripe7

stripe7 Chieftain

Hmm, its working now. Must have tried to start up during their maintenance period. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

14. Dimy

Dimy Monarch

You won't be :). And yeah, servers were down yesterday for maintenance.

15. Aroddo

Aroddo Chieftain

wait for the reviews.
    and since stardock is a piss-poor company without high bribing power, it's highly likely that the reviews will even reflect reality.

that said let's just hope that kael was able to salvage the garbage that was the first Elemental.
    it would be sad if stardock managed to drag kael down to their level of quality.

16. Voyhkah

Voyhkah Political Activist

Sorry, I'm still sore about CiV, I was really disappointed. I wish you all the best of luck.

17. insaneweasel

insaneweasel Chieftain

If Shafer is ruining, oops, I mean working on this game, you can probably count me out. Unless a lot of other people say that its way better and more complex that Civ 5 at release, I'll likely skip this one.

Remember, CiV looked cool when it was a bunch of pictures, but when everyone started playing it in September 2010, all crappy design became obvious.

18. wmason92

wmason92 Chieftain

Well Im not sure i agree. Civ 4 was an amazing game but Civ 5 was just as good but with slightly different mechanics. Besides that it has beautiful graphics and I cant wait till the expansion pack comes out.

As for Fallen Enchantress, it looks like look should its changed a lot from the first game and they finally didnt do a half !ss job its creation and right now it looks like its in pretty good shape. ^^ I hope to preorder it by the end of this week after i get paid.

19. Simplicity4

Simplicity4 Chieftain

Wow. You guys are harsh. Stardock is a great strategy game company. GalCiv II is a fantastic strategy game that I've blown a lot of time with. Sure, Elemental wasn't Master of Magic, but they're making it up to everyone who bought the game by giving this new version out for free. I think that takes some serious balls and commitment to your customer base. Making a great game is hard. Even for people who know what they are doing.

You're upset that you lost 50 bucks on a bad game? Try spending the money to fund 10 engineers for 2-3 years. And then doing it AGAIN because it didn't work out the first time. That's some serious making-it-right, I'm sorry.

20. zarakand

zarakand Chieftain

2 questions: 1. Can I pre-order through Steam and get access to the beta? 2. Will it be available for Macs?