Fallout mod.

Camber said:
Thorgrimm, afaik, nobody has been able to get the AI to use land transports. Would it be possible to flag them instead as exploration or assault vehicles? Anything the humans use and the AI ignores is going to make the game pretty unbalanced.
Camber, the Buggy, Scouter, and the Hummer will be flagged for exploration also. The APC and the Tank will have attack values, so they will be assault vehicles.
The Bot vehicles will all have attack values, so they will also be assault vehicles. Good question! :goodjob:

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

I have been playing fo 1 & 2 so I knew that bit- besides it plays to far south-west for snow ;) you can't deny though that that vehicle bears tremendous resemblance with a modified snow mobile... doesn't necesarily mean it wouldn't be rattling over radioactive desert terrain (and some radscorpions) :D

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
I have been playing fo 1 & 2 so I knew that bit- besides it plays to far south-west for snow ;) you can't deny though that that vehicle bears tremendous resemblance with a modified snow mobile... doesn't necesarily mean it wouldn't be rattling over radioactive desert terrain (and some radscorpions) :D

Yup you are correct it does look like a modified snow vehicle! :lol:

Here is a screenie of my first ever completed Leaderhead! :cool:

It is Senior Elder Maxon of The Brotherhood of Steel.

Attachments

• Maxon in game.jpg
    Maxon in game.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 802
Thorgrim
your link to register keeps giving me a 404 error, lol. is there any possible way i could just PM you here, on CFC? and i understand your worries, i was trying to get ppl to help me with a Dune mod, and like 4 ppl said they would help, but never did. it really sucks when you think ppl will help, and they dont, the world would be so much better if ppl would just learn to keep their word, huh? but like i said, i might not be that much help, but if you can find a spot for me, im willing to try. and if something comes up, and i cant continue to help, i would at least let you know.
but ill wait to see your reply to my question before i PM you here, i might not check back until tomorrow, but i will check back, lol

azazel93, sure PM me here also. :)

Thor, School got out today. Don't know if I can help right away like I said, as the computer the converter is on is in about 5 different pecies, as I was planning to go out today and by some more RAM for my computer, but my wallet appears to be on strike.:hmm: But If I don't find my wallet by Friday I'll assume it is gone(bye bye $60 :() then I'll put the pos back together and help, as it'll take me another month and a half to earn that much money back.:(

MC, np whenever you get the time. :)

Wow, this looks pretty cool. I love Fallout, finished all three games. Someone else started a Fallout mod a year or so ago. Some of their work might be of use to you. I think the old thread was in the Graphics Mods section, iirc.

You mentioned that you used a Fallout 2 editor to make a couple of buildings. I know Fallout Tactics had an editor, but I wasn't aware of an editor for Fallout 2. Is this something that can be downloaded off the net?

One last thing, what about the Hubologists from Fallout 2 as a civ? Or is that the same thing as the Children of Set?

Great work!

Ed O'War said:
Wow, this looks pretty cool. I love Fallout, finished all three games. Someone else started a Fallout mod a year or so ago. Some of their work might be of use to you. I think the old thread was in the Graphics Mods section, iirc.

You mentioned that you used a Fallout 2 editor to make a couple of buildings. I know Fallout Tactics had an editor, but I wasn't aware of an editor for Fallout 2. Is this something that can be downloaded off the net?

One last thing, what about the Hubologists from Fallout 2 as a civ? Or is that the same thing as the Children of Set?

Great work!

Ed thanks, we have been working hard. To answer your questions.
1. We are using parts as filler gfx till ours is complete.
2. Yes it can be downloaded from No Mutants Allowed, and it is MUCH easier to use than the Tactics editor.
3. The Hubologists were just a cult, not enough there to make a civ with. Will probably make them one of the minor civs that can't settle. They are different from the children of Set. :)

Hey all, fisrt post (i think), want to say as a die hard of the Fallout series (minus fallout tactics for some reasons) that this is a great idea. Had a couple of questions: will you convert over the orginal power armor dues as well as the enclave powered armor, plus what about making the osprey from fallout 2, is it possilbe? Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thor, should be able to help you soon. Bought the RAM upgrade, 128MB. :D However some idiot labeled the 32MB RAM chip already in my computer as 64MB :rolleyes: So I have to replace the 32 with the 64 either tommrow or tonight. I am just pleased I didn't kill my computer right now. :lol:

Thanks for the tip on the Fallout 2 editor, I will definitely check it out. I tried using the Fallout Tactics editor, but I was simply overwhelmed. I guess the Civ III editor is about as complicated as I can get, hehe.

One last question, some of the screenies you've been posting I don't remember seeing in any of the games. For example, the Pawn Shop Employee one just above. Are these Easter eggs from the games that I somehow missed, or are fans making their own? They look really good.

Thanks again.

Reddog, first of all, welcome to CFC. As for your question, yes the vertibird is going to be in the mod. As for the PA from the other games, i would love to, but they only have 6 directions, as they were based on hexes, not diamonds for movement. :sad:
I am not good enough to create art, just modify it. :lol:

MC, whenever you can bud.

Ed, yes they are fan made. BTW i loved your Warlords of North America scen. :goodjob:

Reddog i assume you meant like the attached pic? ;) :cool:

Attachments

• verti_500x500.gif
    verti_500x500.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 758
Thorgrimm said:
Ed, yes they are fan made. BTW i loved your Warlords of North America scen. :goodjob:

Thanks, glad you liked it. Always meant to do a sequel, but my life got sucked up by Star Wars Galaxies and I never got around to it. :)

Ed, it was your scen that got me thinking of doing the Fallout mod. :D

Would you like to join the team? you would be more than welcome. :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

Attachments

• Enclave Tech.jpg
    Enclave Tech.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 693
yep, exactly that bird I was looking for, :goodjob: It a shame that the original 2 fallout games dont have all the necessary angles to import them into the game. Few more questions:
a. Will there be custom terrain or re-coloring of exsisting versions.
b. are you replacing all the building icons/city view structures as well?
thanks

Top Bottom