Fallout mod.

Reddog said:
yep, exactly that bird I was looking for, :goodjob: It a shame that the original 2 fallout games dont have all the necessary angles to import them into the game. Few more questions:
a. Will there be custom terrain or re-coloring of exsisting versions.
b. are you replacing all the building icons/city view structures as well?
thanks
1. we have the tiles we woulf like to use but do not know how to put them in civ, so if you know anybody who can make terrain let me know, or we will just have to use recolored terrain. :sad:
2.the city view has been disabled in c3c, so we are not going to replace those, but all other structures, yes, we want this to have as much are from Fallout as possible. :)

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Thor, I am now 100% sure I can help you tmmorow as it looks like it will be another week or so before I can afford a another RAM chip(Assuming of course that the sale is still on). So tommrow I will contact you on MSN or WM depending upon how much AOl decides to hate me. :hmm:

MC, you know where to find me bud, looking forward to your help. :)

Thorgrimm said:
Ed, it was your scen that got me thinking of doing the Fallout mod. :D

Would you like to join the team? you would be more than welcome. :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

Thanks for the invite Thorgrimm. But between RL and the time I put into SWG, I don't have a lot of free time to spare. I'll check this thread on a regular basis though, and if I think of any good ideas/suggestions I'll post them. I look forward to watching this mod develop.

So how is every one doing today... Thor how did you like the new mudy rivers...?

The terrain is not going to well, the pallet editing is giving me a hard time. Every time I start Civ it crashes to my desktop :nuke: . So untill I can get that done well just have to settle with 2D picture of what I had in mind. I'll get started on the costal tiles ASAP. In the mean time I have recolor the ocean tiles to a more darker color as was in FO1. Here are exampls of the inland tiles from FOT.

*EDITED* files have been deleted...

Craze, welcome to CFC :) yeah the inland tiles look very good, especially the plains with that cracked mud look. I never was able to get the rivers, as i was in the process of getting them when CDG booted me. So if you could attach them here it would be most appreciated, as the rivers need to be muddied up. :D

Brother Paladin; I present to you Muddy River... As I noted on CDG this is about as muddy as it can get without blending into the new terrain tile background. *EDITED* files deleted...

How come the Jpeg files are not displayed as a picture instead of a file...?

Hi all, i got some free time recently so i re-colored the basic terrain :nuke: , see below for a picture, the desert and plain tiles suck, but mabye crazy can change them since i dont know what to do.... anyway, good work all, :goodjob:

Thanks,
Reddog

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 725
Reddog this is remarkable, I love the mountains and the hills on how it looks so decade. The tundra tiles also look as if they have gone though hell and back. The ocean as far it seems is not bad, although I would of liked to see them as a darker color around the costal region. As far as the outer oceanic tiles the color is superb. This is just as to my opinion as I do not have an official say in the making of this project.

Craze, thanks for the rivers dude! :) The reason is there is more than one file attached, for a pic either upload and then put in the body of the message, or one pic at a time. :)

Reddog those look outstanding!! If you can get me the files i will put them in the mod and take a screenie to show! :goodjob:

Thanks everyone, dont worry crazy i'll make the sea and coast water tiles a little darker,
@Thorgrimm if you cold PM me ill email you that files because they are too big to post here (aprox 9mb).

Reddog, PM sent! :D

Ok, gents, the terrain provided by Reddog has been added. :) I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the cheery terrain that was there. :D

Comments and suggestions are strongly requested. :)

Attachments

• Reddog's Terrain.jpg
    Reddog's Terrain.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 649
looks better without the pretty flowers right? Anyway, how about usin the desert terrain as a wasteland terrain that workers(slaves) can clean up. have it be desert and then after the wasteland clean-up team comes through the terrain would be grassland. Also make the wastleand give diseases. Now that the wastelands replaced the radiation tiles, you could use those as added effects around really destroyed areas. Look below as an example....or i could re-do the marsh terrain itself....i'll see what i can do.
Another question, have you worked out the tech tree yet?
Thanks,
Reddog

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 654
Reddog said:
looks better without the pretty flowers right? Anyway, how about usin the desert terrain as a wasteland terrain that workers(slaves) can clean up. have it be desert and then after the wasteland clean-up team comes through the terrain would be grassland. Also make the wastleand give diseases. Now that the wastelands replaced the radiation tiles, you could use those as added effects around really destroyed areas. Look below as an example....or i could re-do the marsh terrain itself....i'll see what i can do.
Another question, have you worked out the tech tree yet?
Thanks,
Reddog

Darn straight it looks better! :D
I think it would be best to make a marsh terrain that looks like a nuked piece real estate, that when the tech toxic waste clean up is researched it can be cleaned up.
Yeah i like that idea of only using the crater gfx i was using for the major rad zones, aka cities and military bases. That way you could do things like the Glow and stuff. Then with a modifed marsh as the wasteland that can be changed to its base terrain is an outstanding idea!
Yeah the tech tree is pretty much firmed up, but can always be modified. :cool:

Ok i'll get to work with the marsh terrain, what should it look like though?, craters, wasteland-ish, rubble, any ideas? I made a land mark terrain piece for the game, a rather large crater.

Attachments

• Crater.jpg
    Crater.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 615
Reddog, maybe make it look like a blasted and destroyed forest, you know with burnt trees and craters. real nasty. :)

I guess the crater could be for the cities like LA and the Glow.

ok blown up forest it is, ill get to that tomorrow though, in the mean time, i have made 2 cities graphics, so take a look.

Attachments

• town.JPG
    town.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 609
Hurray it's looking more and more like a fallout game, great job every body. The green square could be used for a barbaian hut, and the red square could be used for a city grafx.

Top Bottom