Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Sorry to hear about your hacker (and health) troubles, once you get the site back up could you please give us the newest "fixed" version you mentioned above?

Saw this and got really exited, looks awesome. But the link that is supposed to lead to the download page has nothing on it... Is there still a way to download this mod?

Smokeytroll.. look the lower half of the last page. If everything goes well then it seems, mod will be back up again. It seems Thor has done some work on his own. Just give him time.

Download link goes to site that says" Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later" :confused:So it is not downloadable right now. I might have old copy around if any one wants it, PM me with e-mail address, I will try send you copy.:goodjob:

See above post 288, He got it up now.:mischief:

Download link goes to site that says" Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later" :confused:So it is not downloadable right now. I might have old copy around if any one wants it, PM me with e-mail address, I will try send you copy.:goodjob:

Actually If you have that copy lying around would you mind uploading to my FTP server?

http://www.stormoverciv.org/forums/index.php Contact me for the details....

Thanks for getting the DL up! I downloaded it but I keep on getting an error message about a missing pedia file cathedral of the apocalypse. I tried a fix, but it didn't work. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks for getting the DL up! I downloaded it but I keep on getting an error message about a missing pedia file cathedral of the apocalypse. I tried a fix, but it didn't work. Any suggestions. Thanks!

I will update the link on page one, but here is the correct mod link.

@MC, I am asking you to remove the mod from your site. Thanks. The copy you have is old and very out of date.

EDIT: Link on page one has been updated.

:nuke: Cheers, Thor :nuke:

Never had a chance to check out the Fallout masterpiece Thorgrimm; because I couldn't find it! Thanks for putting it back up!

If I had known the link was dead I would have updated it long ago. But the redirect I used did not redirect the user like it was supposed to. :mad:

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Just a heads up, I downloaded the version that Thorgrimm had on his site and had the same issue? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks again!

ya know, I like this mod... now if only someone did the same thing on Civ 5.

Well, that's beyond my capabilities. SO no civ 5 version from me. :D

Other then that, I've see that this mod is totally out of date... sure, you got infomation on SOME of the fallout world, but your missing some of the content that been mentioned and used from Fallout 3 and the newly released New Vegas.

Some of the info about the leader's are wrong. For example, it was president Talbi that was the president of the NCR, not Aradash, he was the leader of shady sands, not Vault City.

Also you got rad scorpians and Deathclaws out... but there should not be too many of them... Deathclaws are uncomman but in this game, your place them as a populated species. Reduce their spawn rates to about 3 units, not 7... Also add in some new creatures such as Nightstalker's, Raider's, Giant Mole Rates, and other creatures.

I've yet to also see some rare encounter's with alien's as well... or alien ship wreckage. See if you can add one as a rare resource.

The lag in this game is unbearable after the deathclaw starting to spawn, it lags every minute after they started to mass in 7 units and rushes my capitol city.

The BIQ file that comes in the main package has the auto-production issue of all being 1 off. The scavengers market is making Mutant Rocket Launchers (not complaining though). :)

Barbs are limited to only 3 types, 2 land units and 1 naval unit; so I believe Thorgrimm mentioned in the thread somewhere a critters civ to put the rest in, but don't know if it was ever completed or not. If Fallout 2 has the other creatures to do as conversions, I could do them to finish up the units for you. (that is if you are still doing anything with this)

Other then that, I've see that this mod is totally out of date... sure, you got infomation on SOME of the fallout world, but your missing some of the content that been mentioned and used from Fallout 3 and the newly released New Vegas.

Some of the info about the leader's are wrong. For example, it was president Talbi that was the president of the NCR, not Aradash, he was the leader of shady sands, not Vault City.

Also you got rad scorpians and Deathclaws out... but there should not be too many of them... Deathclaws are uncomman but in this game, your place them as a populated species. Reduce their spawn rates to about 3 units, not 7... Also add in some new creatures such as Nightstalker's, Raider's, Giant Mole Rates, and other creatures.

I've yet to also see some rare encounter's with alien's as well... or alien ship wreckage. See if you can add one as a rare resource.

The lag in this game is unbearable after the deathclaw starting to spawn, it lags every minute after they started to mass in 7 units and rushes my capitol city.

1. Never ever will any Fallout crap Bethmonster regurgitated up will ever be in this mod, so forget it. Bethmonster insulted Fallout, so I will insult Bethmonster by leaving their crap out.

2. Dude, you gotta get your facts strait. The NCR IS Shady Sands, only grown up. It was Tandi who led the NCR and wanna guess who her father was? That's right, Aradesh! :rolleyes:

3. The spawn rate is determined by the difficulty level. The difficulty level is set for nightmare, IIRC. So just lower the difficulty level. As for the other critters, there was going to be a critter civ, but we were limited by the number of cultures Civ three allowed. So it got axed in favor of a human faction, the Tribals, IIRC. Also, clean out the critter nests, barb camps, and you won't have so much trouble when the rad-scorps flip over to DC's.

4. And you won't. Bethmonster's crappy Mothership Zeta, or whatever it was called, will not soil this mod.

This mod was designed from the beginning to be a nightmare to survive. So complaining about how tough it is is just music to my ears. ;):D Anybody who thinks living in a post apoc world will be easy has been watching too much television on the subject. ;)

@tom2050, I do not know why it does that. On my machine they come our right. Maybe it has something to do with the civ complete version? But that is just a wild guess. If anybody can find out why that is happening I will gladly fix it.

The reason we cannot use FO 2's critters is they only have 6 facings, while Civ uses 8 facings. Thats why I had to go with FO: Tactics and their critters. I would have loved to use the ones from FO2, though. :(

I still use the original civ 3 and Conquests I bought when they first came out and I do believe the Cathedral of the Apocalypse problem stems from the civ complete version using a different pathway than the regular version.

To fix that you have to adjust the pathway in the BIQ, IIRC, and point it to where the game has been installed.

I take it you aren't too happy with Bethesda's additions to the series? ;)

Oh, I think I may have figured out why the Fallout mod (and a couple others) is constantly crashing on my one PC: I have the Space Race victory bug as well, so I'm thinking that I need to update/reinstall my video card drivers....

....And this mod isn't too hard! ....compared to playing Age of Imperialism as the Boer Republics, that is! :D

I take it you aren't too happy with Bethesda's additions to the series? ;)

Oh, I think I may have figured out why the Fallout mod (and a couple others) is constantly crashing on my one PC: I have the Space Race victory bug as well, so I'm thinking that I need to update/reinstall my video card drivers....

....And this mod isn't too hard! ....compared to playing Age of Imperialism as the Boer Republics, that is! :D

Hikaro, you are quite correct about my thoughts on Bethmonster. Although, my brother is playing New Vegas, and I can see the affect of having the original designers, Obsidian, doing the game. But Fakeout 3 and it's crappy DLC's will never be anything but bovine excrement to me. :D

On the difficulty, it is only really difficult if you leave the barb camps alone and let them DC's percolate. :lol:

Top Bottom