1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Thorgrimm, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Did you change anything in the editor? That is definitley NOT right.

Scavenger Markets are supposed to spit out Leather Shotgunners, Dog Kennels, Scout Dogs, and the Naval Academy Patrol boats.

Those units only come about if a unit has been deleted in the editor and saved. I fired up my copy again and those buildings spit out the proper units. :confused:

So let me know if you have deleted any units.

Is anybody else having this problem?

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

2. Lucek

Lucek Chieftain

I dont touch editor. Just download a mod + music, unpack and start playing.

3. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Damn, :confused: Ok, thanks for the report if you need a new BIQ to try out, PM me your Email addy and I will send it to you.

4. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

I keep getting this error message. Is this because I haven't installed the music?

5. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Yup, that would be the problem. In the text folder there is a txt file called Music, IIRC. If you remove that that should cure that problem. :)

6. Tank_Guy#3

Indeed it did. Thanks!

7. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

No problem, glad I could help. :)

8. Tank_Guy#3

Played a few turns. Love all the graphics.

However, some of the text is hard to read. One thing I find very interesting is that no matter how hard I try, I'm getting dusted on the science and technology front.

9. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

IIRC, the default difficulty is Emperor. Try lowering the difficulty. Since the AI gets huge bonuses at that level. :D

Got a screenie of the text you are having difficulty with?

10. Warwind

Warwind Chieftain

Actually I just had some time free time and noticed i am having the same problem with those buildings spawning those units. I Downloaded it again and had the same problem so I took a look at it in the editor and it appears the Hummer is missing.

11. Tank_Guy#3

It was some of the text on the top of the cityscreen, and the CivP. But I tweaked some of the settings on my monitor. For some odd reason I had it set quite dark :blush:

Can you eventually get your workers to walk onto the "Wasteland" tiles and build terrain improvements? Also, is there more information about the scenario in general? For instance, how this apocalypse happened and that kind of thing (you've piqued my interest)?

12. thievingliar

thievingliar Chieftain

I just downloaded and im having a problem, where are the text files? I got everything else but for some reason there were no pediaicons,civilopedia etc. are we supposed to put those in ourselves or did i do something wrong?

13. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

Whenever I click on the link to go the download site, I get told that I cannot access the forum because I've been banned. But I've never even visited the place before....:(

14. Tank_Guy#3

Spoiler :

Has the question I asked earlier made me become a thread-killer again?

15. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Sorry, I had not seen a notice of a message for this thread in a while now. But to answer your question, yes there is a special unit called the Combat Engineer that can work the Wastelands to get rid of them.

As for background just Google for the RPG Fallout. :D

@The Omega, I had to ban a few domains due to the spam from them. What is your email account?

@ thievingliar, the txt files are in the DL. So I do not know what happened. You may want to DL it again. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

16. The Omega

The Omega Completely Insane

17. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Ok, I will check out to see if that domain is banned. Have you tried it recently? Or was that a while ago?

18. Dodecalypse

Dodecalypse Chieftain

Hm. Why does the Scavenger's Market produce Mutants with Missile Launchers. They're supposed to be from the last era.

Other than that, it's a great mod. Very elaborate and the units are really cool looking.

Very good job.

19. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

They are not supposed to produce that unit, but a leather shotgunner. I need to check the BIQ again, since that only occurs if a unit has been removed and the buildings no updated. :confused:

Did you perhaps by chance remove a unit in the BIQ?

EDIT: I just checked the BIQ and it has the Leather Shotgunner as the unit it is supposed to spit out. So I have no idea why yours is shooting out mutie rocket launchers. Only reason it should do that is if the LS has been removed.

20. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

I checked my list of banned emails and that domain is not among them. What is your IP address? I had to ban a lot of IP's that originated in Texas since the damned Chinese were using them to spam app me to death. :mad:

I have gotten nearly a thousand spam apps from the Chinese so far this year and most of the IP's they have used came from Texas. Evidently that was the gateway they are using to get into the US. So let me know what yours is and I will see if it is on the list.