Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Wow.. this Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization scenario from @Thorgrimm is super impressive and should never be forgotten! Was so blown away by it that I added a Fallout Apocalypse section to my Civ scenario hunt thread and plan to cover it in a Civ mod video series I'm doing.

The downloads on that other site he links to still work thankfully however Thorgrimm hasn't visited here in over a decade and we have no idea how long the downloads at that place will last (plus they're not HTTPS which causes some browsers problems) so it's a bit of worry!

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and it worked! This mod just looks friggin gorgeous! The music and ambient sounds are awesome too. Feels like I'm playing a different game! We can't risk losing this amazing piece of work!

So I've combined the 3 downloads (mod+music+sounds) and repacked with 7zip (down to 270MB) and uploaded a mirror copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work just to be safe. Should Thorgrimm return to CFC hopefully he'll be okay with the setup of this new CFC mirror and he can modify his OP download link for this mod to link to here as a extra safe mirror. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've edited the original thread post's download link area for this mod to also link to here as a mirror to the original one just in case it stops working.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/Fallout_v1.13.7z

Great title screen!
Fallout9.png

Cool Fallout factions
Fallout1.png

The game world.. so moody and different!!!
1661092761492.png

Brilliant town screen! So immersive!
Fallout2.png

Updated Pip-Boy style Civilopedia that's even better than the one posted in the OP
Fallout8.png

Last edited:
wtf I'm a Fallout I and II fan and I've missed this? Thanks for the bump, Blake!

Edit: apparently I posted here a few years ago… and never downloaded this. I am disappointed in myself.

Last edited:
I remember this one fondly, but iirc the last available version still had some bugs.
Hey, do you know any examples of bugs? I could try looking and seeing what they were.

EDIT: There are a lot of bugs. The biggest once are related to the Civilopedia being godawful and not explaining jack.

Last edited:
Important info for the scenario: Thorgrimm warns you about overwriting the sound files in order to use them, but if you put them at the same level of the art and text folders (in the "Sound" file. unsure if needs to be capitalized or not) they work just fine.

Hey, do you know any examples of bugs? I could try looking and seeing what they were.

EDIT: There are a lot of bugs. The biggest once are related to the Civilopedia being godawful and not explaining jack.

It's been a long time, but I think I recall a Barbarian tribal in Advanced Power Armor running around, and it taking forever to get the Oil Rig(Enclaves city on the Island where it starts with a settler) connected to the rest of their stuff by a Harbor, and several CTDs(one of which I thought probably related to finishing the 'Oil Rig' wonder.

It's been a long time, but I think I recall a Barbarian tribal in Advanced Power Armor running around, and it taking forever to get the Oil Rig(Enclaves city on the Island where it starts with a settler) connected to the rest of their stuff by a Harbor, and several CTDs(one of which I thought probably related to finishing the 'Oil Rig' wonder.
I was only playing as the Vault Dwellers and as the Robots to start and it struck me how little horsehocky they had. There's also so little options for settling. Another issue is that a resource (Brahmin) that helps build a good unit for the dwellers can't be found near them at all. I'm going to open it in Civ3Edit and see what horsehocky is up.

I was only playing as the Vault Dwellers and as the Robots to start and it struck me how little **** they had. There's also so little options for settling. Another issue is that a resource (Brahmin) that helps build a good unit for the dwellers can't be found near them at all. I'm going to open it in Civ3Edit and see what **** is up.

I recall that Thor said that he deliberately made every Civ short of some needed resource to give them more reasons to expand and interact.

I recall that Thor said that he deliberately made every Civ short of some needed resource to give them more reasons to expand and interact.
The problem was I had expanded so much my cities were named "New Vault City 2" and I the only brahmin I had seen were on the opposite side of the map. I've been thinking of editing the scenario to give a debuff to the northern tribes because they're too strong.

EDIT: Found a MAJOR issue. The unit support for every government is 1, 2, 3, EXCEPT for the northern tribes, which have UNLIMITED SUPPORT.

Last edited:
The problem was I had expanded so much my cities were named "New Vault City 2" and I the only brahmin I had seen were on the opposite side of the map. I've been thinking of editing the scenario to give a debuff to the northern tribes because they're too strong.

EDIT: Found a MAJOR issue. The unit support for every government is 1, 2, 3, EXCEPT for the northern tribes, which have UNLIMITED SUPPORT.

Yeah, I think the Tribes were supposed to be the 'quantity-over-quality' Civ with lots of weak units, but no access to the really strong end-game ones.

Have you tried trading for bramhin?

wtf I'm a Fallout I and II fan and I've missed this? Thanks for the bump, Blake!

Edit: apparently I posted here a few years ago… and never downloaded this. I am disappointed in myself.

Yeah, I think the Tribes were supposed to be the 'quantity-over-quality' Civ with lots of weak units, but no access to the really strong end-game ones.

Have you tried trading for bramhin?
I was 100 turns in and no civ was connected to another via roads yet, and it didn't help the tribe had two power armor units that could absolutely wipe the floor with anyone in the game for the next 500 turns. I've noticed a lot of discrepancies between what the biq and the civilopedia text have been saying and have been editing them as I went along- I also reduced the amount of barbarian camps littered around the world and the 5 units the tribes get not in their cities at the start of the game, because it's just not fun to fight any of that bullfeathers. The dog kennels were spawning the wrong unit at the wrong turn interval, for instance.

I was 100 turns in and no civ was connected to another via roads yet, and it didn't help the tribe had two power armor units that could absolutely wipe the floor with anyone in the game for the next 500 turns. I've noticed a lot of discrepancies between what the biq and the civilopedia text have been saying and have been editing them as I went along- I also reduced the amount of barbarian camps littered around the world and the 5 units the tribes get not in their cities at the start of the game, because it's just not fun to fight any of that bullfeathers. The dog kennels were spawning the wrong unit at the wrong turn interval, for instance.

Yeah, the power armor tribals are a bug.

It looks like i can't download the music and play the game at the same time. It crashed from Low Memory.

Anyway here is the first report:

1. The first part of the Civilopedia of the civs are not made. (the "they start with" part)
2. What does Rediscovery of Trade do ? It doesn't say in the civilopedia.
3. Rebirth age has the Civ3 background not the Fallout one like all other ages.

That's all i could gather up in the 2-3 minutes it took the game to crash.

Expect a lot more feedback. :D
Ah the bad old days of low memory :D
Love the look of this and how it is similar to the pre bethesda era ,gonna add this to the collection right away.
Good work people, any chance of a civ 4 version using bethesda era canon?

Ah the bad old days of low memory :D
Love the look of this and how it is similar to the pre bethesda era ,gonna add this to the collection right away.
Good work people, any chance of a civ 4 version using bethesda era canon?

Good timing on asking that as I'm actually I'm working on some 'marketing shots' for Fallout scenarios atm (to use in my ongoing Civ video series) so I've been investigating this very stuff!

Firstly here's Thorgrimm's Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization scenario from this thread we're already in...

SFallout.png

If you want Bethesda era then there's Sudo007's Fallout Liberty scenario for Civ3 that recycles a lot of Thorgrimm's work but is based on Bethesda's Fallout 3.

SFalloutLiberty.png

And lastly if you want a fallout Civ4 mod then yes there is the Fallout: Tame The Waste Modpack and yes it appears to be Bethesda era

SFallout.png

Last edited:
@Blake00 thanks dude appreciate that and i'll be adding them to the data banks thats for sure, just playing through a few FFH2 games first (awesome mod too).
I'm so pissed at myself for not getting civ4 sooner, ive literally been playing civ for over 20 years and lord knows how 4 missed me, the amount of extra juice the modders have added is unreal and sadly we will never see another modding like it now the "micro transaction" and rip off DLC era is on us

Top Bottom