1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Thorgrimm, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Blake00

Blake00 King Supporter

Wow.. this mod from @Thorgrimm is super impressive and should never be forgotten! Was so blown away by it that I added a Fallout Apocalypse section to my Civ scenario hunt thread and plan to cover it in a Civ mod video series I'm doing.

The downloads on that other site he links to still work thankfully but if they stop then let me know and I'll stick a copy of it here on CFC.

This mod just looks friggin gorgeous! The music and ambient sounds are awesome too. Feels like I'm playing a different game!

Fallout1b.png

Fallout2.png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  2. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

wtf I'm a Fallout I and II fan and I've missed this? Thanks for the bump, Blake!

Edit: apparently I posted here a few years ago… and never downloaded this. I am disappointed in myself.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Nathiri and Blake00 like this.
  3. LonelyLurker

LonelyLurker Chieftain

I remember this one fondly, but iirc the last available version still had some bugs.

4. Flvffi

Flvffi Chieftain

Hey, do you know any examples of bugs? I could try looking and seeing what they were.

EDIT: There are a lot of bugs. The biggest once are related to the Civilopedia being godawful and not explaining jack.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  5. Flvffi

Flvffi Chieftain

Important info for the scenario: Thorgrimm warns you about overwriting the sound files in order to use them, but if you put them at the same level of the art and text folders (in the "Sound" file. unsure if needs to be capitalized or not) they work just fine.

6. LonelyLurker

LonelyLurker Chieftain

It's been a long time, but I think I recall a Barbarian tribal in Advanced Power Armor running around, and it taking forever to get the Oil Rig(Enclaves city on the Island where it starts with a settler) connected to the rest of their stuff by a Harbor, and several CTDs(one of which I thought probably related to finishing the 'Oil Rig' wonder.

7. Flvffi

Flvffi Chieftain

I was only playing as the Vault Dwellers and as the Robots to start and it struck me how little **** they had. There's also so little options for settling. Another issue is that a resource (Brahmin) that helps build a good unit for the dwellers can't be found near them at all. I'm going to open it in Civ3Edit and see what **** is up.

8. LonelyLurker

LonelyLurker Chieftain

I recall that Thor said that he deliberately made every Civ short of some needed resource to give them more reasons to expand and interact.

9. Flvffi

Flvffi Chieftain

The problem was I had expanded so much my cities were named "New Vault City 2" and I the only brahmin I had seen were on the opposite side of the map. I've been thinking of editing the scenario to give a debuff to the northern tribes because they're too strong.

EDIT: Found a MAJOR issue. The unit support for every government is 1, 2, 3, EXCEPT for the northern tribes, which have UNLIMITED SUPPORT.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  10. LonelyLurker

LonelyLurker Chieftain

Yeah, I think the Tribes were supposed to be the 'quantity-over-quality' Civ with lots of weak units, but no access to the really strong end-game ones.

Have you tried trading for bramhin?

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

12. Flvffi

Flvffi Chieftain

I was 100 turns in and no civ was connected to another via roads yet, and it didn't help the tribe had two power armor units that could absolutely wipe the floor with anyone in the game for the next 500 turns. I've noticed a lot of discrepancies between what the biq and the civilopedia text have been saying and have been editing them as I went along- I also reduced the amount of barbarian camps littered around the world and the 5 units the tribes get not in their cities at the start of the game, because it's just not fun to fight any of that bullfeathers. The dog kennels were spawning the wrong unit at the wrong turn interval, for instance.

13. LonelyLurker

LonelyLurker Chieftain

Yeah, the power armor tribals are a bug.

14. LonelyLurker

LonelyLurker Chieftain

15. Blake00

Blake00 King Supporter