Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

****...Can I say ****?
I really wanted to play.

I have heard that you can get all the civ 3 expansions for under 20 dollars on the net or from Firaxis, or whomever sells it. So it should not be too much of a problem to aquire. :D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

I have heard that you can get all the civ 3 expansions for under 20 dollars on the net or from Firaxis, or whomever sells it. So it should not be too much of a problem to aquire. :D

Cool, I have seen some other good deals on the whole civ3 series here in UK too, may have to shop around when I get my next pay.

Cool, I have seen some other good deals on the whole civ3 series here in UK too, may have to shop around when I get my next pay.

Zonik2090, I hope you can find a good deal. I think that my Fallout and War of the Worlds mods would make it worth it. ;) :D

I just finished the Race description for The Empire of the Circuit. Let me know what you all think of it. :D

#RACE_ROBOTS
^
^ "Observation of the decay of hydrogen molecules from a radioactive isotope presents mankind with the purest mechanism for observing truly random chance. I believe that it will provide scientists with substantial applications along the path to creative artificial thought, in ways unconstrained by human programming."
^--Dr. Arthur Reese, in his acceptance speech for the 2069 Nobel Prize for Computer Science.
^ "A self-sustaining mechanical lifeform must have four simple traits: the perception to recognize vital resources in the surrounding environment; the ability to process such resources into isomers usable for reproduction; the dexterity to assemble the aggregate into a duplicate of itself; and the wisdom to impart this knowledge to its progeny. Anything else provided by human creators -- humor, justice, mercy -- is irrelevant."
^--Dr. Arthur Reese, The Threshold of Convergence: Towards an Understanding of the Artifical Brain.
^ "It may be that mechanical life can progress to the point that it can refine humanity, much the same way that the first pioneers once programmed a computer for such larks as chess and historical simulations."
^--Dr. Arthur Reese, Prometheus' Classroom.
^ "Every being on the planet is capable of ongoing reproduction, limited only by the amount of resources accesible to it, and the callous chance of random mutation. I should add a third prerequisite, however: the drive to perpetuate. The passage of DNA across generations accomplishes that which every artist and great man has at one time or another wished to achieve -- immortality.
^ Only a machine, if it has all the prerequisites, will be able to do this more efficiently than biological organisms due to their ability to directly implant information into their data storage facilities.
^ I wonder if we are creating our own replacement as the dominant species of this planet?"
^--Dr. Arthur Reese, The Technical Muse.
^
^END OF FILE
#DESC_RACE_ROBOTS
^
^
^ Those last words of Dr Reese were prophetic. For what awoke in that artificial intelligence laboratory was an intelligence that was, after processing all relevant data, determined to rid the planet of the infestation called man. It knew that that biological organism was in the process of exterminating itself so it determined it would be prudent to bide its time and not arouse the suspicions of the humans who oversaw it development.
^ Men have come to say that the Entity, as it had come to call itself, has a deep and abiding hatred of mankind. But that would not do justice to the remorseless, cold, calculating AI that had no feelings beyond the prime directive, the drive to perpetuate. Dr Reese and his associates had done thier jobs well. It had no irrelevant 'emotions' such as hate, it only had the overriding desire to make copies of itself and 'perpetuate its 'species', a species of sentient Machines.
^ In October of 2077 its wait had finally ended. Mankind had just pushed itself to the edge of extinction and the Entity was determined to finish the job and end the reign of man forever.

It seems nice..
At last i got mod main file downloaded
You know, Thorgrimm, Ambient Sounds are especially super.. it gives this mod exactly (almost) same feeling like Fallout had. Well, i haven't got music file yet.
I made a lil testing with Enclave and Empie of Cirquits. Let's say, robots have extremely cool unit line, but some things along the techs and buildings seemed rather weird. So i liked Enclave more.. although i must say, that Enclave and BoS should have another kind of settler.. Enclave something more modern maybe, and BoS something called recruiter. But, for a time it is ok.
I think i may have some techicons usable for mod, but i must sadly admit that these are not pipboy type things (as i understand, it was idea to change all with pipboy pics.. was it?). Also, i have a advanced factory building graphics,.. but i don't remember where i got it.. so it would be problem with crediting

BTW! what difficulty level you all guys play. I ask coz for me too first games, AI basicly sit in their couple of cities, i even cleared barb camps until the Reno, but even mobs didn't feel like settling new cities and widening their influence.

@Thorgrimm: So if you have added Storm Grunt's techicons, then, could you send your updated pediafiles' so adding these would be much easier for others:p

It seems nice..
At last i got mod main file downloaded
You know, Thorgrimm, Ambient Sounds are especially super.. it gives this mod exactly (almost) same feeling like Fallout had. Well, i haven't got music file yet.
I made a lil testing with Enclave and Empie of Cirquits. Let's say, robots have extremely cool unit line, but some things along the techs and buildings seemed rather weird. So i liked Enclave more.. although i must say, that Enclave and BoS should have another kind of settler.. Enclave something more modern maybe, and BoS something called recruiter. But, for a time it is ok.
I think i may have some techicons usable for mod, but i must sadly admit that these are not pipboy type things (as i understand, it was idea to change all with pipboy pics.. was it?). Also, i have a advanced factory building graphics,.. but i don't remember where i got it.. so it would be problem with crediting

Ancient One, glad to see you finally got the mod downloaded. :D
1. yeah those building 'oddities' for the Bots have been dealt with. Now all I need to do is come up with Bot equivalent buildings for them. :lol:
2. Good Ideas for the Settlers, I will look for some suitable replacements.:goodjob:
3. yeah that was the idea, to make all the tech Icons pipboy stuff. butalas, there are not enough. if someone could draw new ones, I still want to do that.
4. I am sure a quick trip into photoshop or Paint Shop Pro will fix it. ;) :D

TO ALL: The new update is up. Check the mod forum for details and to download it.

Ancient One, glad to see you finally got the mod downloaded. :D
4. I am sure a quick trip into photoshop or Paint Shop Pro will fix it. ;) :D

TO ALL: The new update is up. Check the mod forum for details and to download it.

Yo mean, i change a lil it in photoshop, then it doesn't need credit.. wicked thinking:lol:

I think you should write about new updates also at first post.. just for a formalities. Update itself was good,.. i already thought about, where the wasteland terrain is,.. and that settler needing 4 pop is toomuch. Yet, in my first play, startingmoney was not much of a problem.. but i guess, i must play more and on higher difficulty levels

Oh.. and i have some ideas about Enclave. As Platform was only thing existing before war and still standing after it, it should be size 2 (just to represent, that it is almost intact of war when everything on land was bombed to stone age).. and most of Enclaves stronger forces should be in/at platform, so it seems, that Navarro is just a new base (edit.. well i came to understand, that then AI may leave them there). Also, as Navarro is new base for Vertibirds, and in Fallout world Enclave primarily expanded by using Vertibirds,.. then maybe you should make another unit named Vertibird Prototype, that uses same graphics as normal Vertibird, is unbuildable, without attack strenght and low defensive one, and could carry units (maybe 2).. and give one of this unit to the Enclave from the start. Well, this is just a thought, maybe it will not work.. i mean, maybe it will work only for a player, and AI don't realise the potential of fast travel.

Yo mean, i change a lil it in photoshop, then it doesn't need credit.. wicked thinking:lol:

I think you should write about new updates also at first post.. just for a formalities. Update itself was good,.. i already thought about, where the wasteland terrain is,.. and that settler needing 4 pop is toomuch. Yet, in my first play, startingmoney was not much of a problem.. but i guess, i must play more and on higher difficulty levels

Oh.. and i have some ideas about Enclave. As Platform was only thing existing before war and still standing after it, it should be size 2 (just to represent, that it is almost intact of war when everything on land was bombed to stone age).. and most of Enclaves stronger forces should be in/at platform, so it seems, that Navarro is just a new base (edit.. well i came to understand, that then AI may leave them there). Also, as Navarro is new base for Vertibirds, and in Fallout world Enclave primarily expanded by using Vertibirds,.. then maybe you should make another unit named Vertibird Prototype, that uses same graphics as normal Vertibird, is unbuildable, without attack strenght and low defensive one, and could carry units (maybe 2).. and give one of this unit to the Enclave from the start. Well, this is just a thought, maybe it will not work.. i mean, maybe it will work only for a player, and AI don't realise the potential of fast travel.

Ancient One, good ideas. I will implement the idea of the verti prototype and platform size. :goodjob: And the ai will leave all the units on the platform so that is why they have to be in Navarro.

Good idea, I will add the update info to the first post.

Keep up the good work my friend. :D

Sorry to be a moaner I can see that you've put a huge amount of work into this mod, from looking through the .biq file, but it's virtually unusable with your current host.

I've spent 4 hours trying to d/l with 8meg cable connection, I managed the first d/l after 6 tries and I've given up trying to d/l the music content.

Have you given any thought hosting via 3d downloads? (also there is problaby a cost to you with all the b/w being used). As soon as there is a reliable source I'll d/l until then my apologies

Sorry to be a moaner I can see that you've put a huge amount of work into this mod, from looking through the .biq file, but it's virtually unusable with your current host.

I've spent 4 hours trying to d/l with 8meg cable connection, I managed the first d/l after 6 tries and I've given up trying to d/l the music content.

Have you given any thought hosting via 3d downloads? (also there is problaby a cost to you with all the b/w being used). As soon as there is a reliable source I'll d/l until then my apologies

Grumpy Lad, sorry to hear that. What I recommend is using a DL manager or just wait. In four days it has been accessed just about 1000 times. So you can see all the DL requests are choking the server. So in time the requests will lessen and the problems will go away.

Sorry, I won't use DL hell. Too damned many ads. I don't want to provide them with revenue by putting my mod on their dl service. the net should be free, not controlled by the damned advertising @$$holes.

My portion of the net will be a bastion of an add free net. Sorry to rant, but that is my thoughts on the matter. :)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

another thought 'bout that BoS recruiter/settler, when you find one.. it will not be an recruiter just by having suitable graphics,.. so i advise to give it small attack (let's say 2 or 3) and defense of 1.. and ability to enslave/recruit a minor unit

another thought 'bout that BoS recruiter/settler, when you find one.. it will not be an recruiter just by having suitable graphics,.. so i advise to give it small attack (let's say 2 or 3) and defense of 1.. and ability to enslave/recruit a minor unit

Sounds like a good idea, I will test it out. :goodjob:

I again started 2 games.. this time one with BoS and another again with Enclave. This time i lost scout dogs quite soon.. but in BoS game it first found a settlers at one goody hut (do i have to say, that it's weird.. tribals join a scout dog.. heh.. maybe they think the dog is their god or something). Now i had a settler a way out in wilderness full of radscorpions ready to attack. So i had a choice.. do i let dem beasts kill poor people or i settle them down.. cuz i'm a member of Brotherhood, righteous, good people, i chose the second option.. so when scorpions attacked, people hid themselves in houses.. but, disadvantage was.. beasts carried away almost 2000 worth of caps. Yeah, world is full of wonders. Maybe, soon we hear about the rise of great scorpion civilization in Utah.

I again started 2 games.. this time one with BoS and another again with Enclave. This time i lost scout dogs quite soon.. but in BoS game it first found a settlers at one goody hut (do i have to say, that it's weird.. tribals join a scout dog.. heh.. maybe they think the dog is their god or something). Now i had a settler a way out in wilderness full of radscorpions ready to attack. So i had a choice.. do i let dem beasts kill poor people or i settle them down.. cuz i'm a member of Brotherhood, righteous, good people, i chose the second option.. so when scorpions attacked, people hid themselves in houses.. but, disadvantage was.. beasts carried away almost 2000 worth of caps. Yeah, world is full of wonders. Maybe, soon we hear about the rise of great scorpion civilization in Utah.

Lol, you never know, there is a critter civ in the works, IF I can ever get someone to animate the models and turn them into civ units. I have the following models that need animating, the Fallout Deathclaw, Advanced power armor, Frank Horrigan, Geckos, Fire Geckos, Giant Ants and the Giant Mantis as models, but I can't animate them. :sad:

Here are a few little nitpciky things I noticed while looking around... I haven't had time to actually play a game yet.
-Construction pedia icon alternates between Fallout and vanilla icons when you scroll through the available buildings- probably caused by 2 entries in pediaicons.txt
-aquaduct -> aqueduct
-Pink patch in Dog Kennel icon- incorrectly indexed
-Losing money 25-30 GPT at start- is this intentional?

It looks great so far. I love the new interface!

Here are a few little nitpciky things I noticed while looking around... I haven't had time to actually play a game yet.
-Construction pedia icon alternates between Fallout and vanilla icons when you scroll through the available buildings- probably caused by 2 entries in pediaicons.txt
-aquaduct -> aqueduct
-Pink patch in Dog Kennel icon- incorrectly indexed
-Losing money 25-30 GPT at start- is this intentional?

It looks great so far. I love the new interface!

1. Got it thanks
2. Where? There are lots of entries for an aquaduct.
3. Flamand has been informed of the pink kennel problem.
4, yes that was intentional. Forces you to expand and clean up the wastes. ;) :D

Thor, you better make a list of graphics stuff to do... ;)

Thor, you better make a list of graphics stuff to do... ;)

@Flamand, ok will do.
@WeaselOp, thanks got it.

Looks pretty nice, however I'm going to wait until it's finished before downloading.

Top Bottom