Fallout: The Rebirth of Civilization

First, kudos on a great looking mod. I've been following this one for a while and it looks great. However, I've been playing as the NCR and I noticed that they cannot possibly build their UU without either killing the BOS(nearly impossible), or building an incredibly long road through hostile territory. This pretty much kills any advantage that they might have gotten from such an early UU. Would it be possible to add a source of Metal Armor in their general vicinity?

Also, I noticed that the NCR has no way to upgrade their troops. Is this intentional?

First, kudos on a great looking mod. I've been following this one for a while and it looks great. However, I've been playing as the NCR and I noticed that they cannot possibly build their UU without either killing the BOS(nearly impossible), or building an incredibly long road through hostile territory. This pretty much kills any advantage that they might have gotten from such an early UU. Would it be possible to add a source of Metal Armor in their general vicinity?

Also, I noticed that the NCR has no way to upgrade their troops. Is this intentional?

El Commandante, that is the idea, either fight or trade for the resources you need. All the civs are missing one or more resources they need. Nothing comes easy in the Wastelands. ;) :D

Yes on the troop upgrading, they are a bunch of military wannbes, no professional military. Just like New Reno and Vault City.

I like to make folks think outside the box and deal with issues like having to either fight or trade for critical resource shortages, sorta like real life huh? :lol: Well, they could always roll over and die to. ;)

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Well tonight I dreamed of a NukaCola luxury-resource....
just an idea... you remember the addicted guy in boneyard (?) being high on Nukacola

Why Vaulters don't use it's own city graphics.. coz it's not finished??

Hei Thorgrimm, you want to make critters civ.. i thought about it overnight.. i don't like it much.. i think it would be much better to have 24 (or whatever number still remaining) nonplayable tribal civs spread around the map, that all have only starting settler and no ability to create more of them.. also these should have own techtree with high costs, so they develop more slowly, and mostly don't advance to second age before somebody conquers them. They should have only one civ trait: agricultural or industrious aka. scavenging or militaristic or religious.. but not expansionistic, seafaring or scientific.
And even when you get these critter units made, you can give them to tribals (like beastlord enslaved unit). I just thought, that one thing that disturbes me now, is that there are no tribal villages around. And when they have only one village, then i think it will be quite realistic.. they never can rise enough strong army to compete real rising civilizations. So all these villages around map are basically gonna get in the way of rising civs, and potentially little wars are inevitable.. and i quess, it may give AI that growing capacity, what they lack for now. Also it gives more earlier battles, that is bit more interesting than barbarian hunting.

Why Vaulters don't use it's own city graphics.. coz it's not finished??

Hei Thorgrimm, you want to make critters civ.. i thought about it overnight.. i don't like it much.. i think it would be much better to have 24 (or whatever number still remaining) nonplayable tribal civs spread around the map, that all have only starting settler and no ability to create more of them.. also these should have own techtree with high costs, so they develop more slowly, and mostly don't advance to second age before somebody conquers them. They should have only one civ trait: agricultural or industrious aka. scavenging or militaristic or religious.. but not expansionistic, seafaring or scientific.
And even when you get these critter units made, you can give them to tribals (like beastlord enslaved unit). I just thought, that one thing that disturbes me now, is that there are no tribal villages around. And when they have only one village, then i think it will be quite realistic.. they never can rise enough strong army to compete real rising civilizations. So all these villages around map are basically gonna get in the way of rising civs, and potentially little wars are inevitable.. and i quess, it may give AI that growing capacity, what they lack for now. Also it gives more earlier battles, that is bit more interesting than barbarian hunting.

@Ancient One, the city gfx for the vaulters has the buildings from Vault City in the third and fourth ages. Even the Vaulters had to start small.:D

The reason for the critter civ is that civ is limited to three type of barbs, two land and one naval. The critter civ would generate all the other nasty Wasteland critters we love to hate.:lol:

What I was thinking of was once I get the critter civ up and running, I was going to make the barbs tribals, so the barb camps will be the tribal villages. That would make the statements like " certain tribe has taught us xxxx" So you see, I have put a bit of thought into the why's and wherefores. :D

But keep making suggestions, that is what will make the mod that much better. :goodjob:

@Samez, so have I, but I can't justify it except as a possible luxury resource. There are already quite a few luxury resources as it is. :) BUT, if you can come up with a good reason for using it, I will. ;)

Suggestion: A critter civ would be kinda wierd to converse with in diplomacy. Maybe a Reaver civ, since they basically have most critters ...

Suggestion: A critter civ would be kinda wierd to converse with in diplomacy. Maybe a Reaver civ, since they basically have most critters ...

That was the one sticking point for it. I think you mean a beastman civ. :D The Reavers were the tech barbs.

I still want a creature generator or we will never see all those nice fallout critters. Is there a way to prevent diplomacy between civs?

That was the one sticking point for it. I think you mean a beastman civ. :D The Reavers were the tech barbs.
Ah yes, those guys.
The Reavers were the ones with all the plasma/laser stuff right ?
I don't remember too much of Tactics ...
I still want a creature generator or we will never see all those nice fallout critters. Is there a way to prevent diplomacy between civs?
I don't think it's possible. :sad:

Ah yes, those guys.
The Reavers were the ones with all the plasma/laser stuff right ?
I don't remember too much of Tactics ...

I don't think it's possible. :sad:

Yup, those are the Reavers, and damn on the critters. :sad: A shame since you could prevent diplomacy between civs in civ 2. Wonder why they removed that ability?

I'd still make some tribal civs too.. the ones, that are progressive and try to discover advances.. cuz i think,.. give tribals time and even they learn to use guns and to build metal armor from crap that lies in wasteland. I agree, that barbarian camps should also be tribal villages,.. but yet, it would be cool to fight these lil tribal civs. And, ok.. if you wanna make critter civ, then it's still possible to create 22 tribal civs.

And no.. i checked this now.. Currently vaulters are same culture group with BoS, Enclave, Mob and NCR (they all are European) but vault city graphics is American (what is for now Raiders culture group.. although.. as it seems, you have made their civ, but not included them in the game.. i thought, it is cuz their leaderhead is not specified). And it's so that vault city's last era town and city graphics are still regular civ city style.
And, my thought was, when you'd add also tribal civs, then European culture cities would be primarily for them and raiders.. and for Mob. But BoS, Enclave, Vault, NCR should have vaultcity graphics.
And Mad Max unit should be quite ok for tribals UU leatherarmored tribal gunman or leatherarmored scavenger or something like that

I'd still make some tribal civs too.. the ones, that are progressive and try to discover advances.. cuz i think,.. give tribals time and even they learn to use guns and to build metal armor from crap that lies in wasteland. I agree, that barbarian camps should also be tribal villages,.. but yet, it would be cool to fight these lil tribal civs. And, ok.. if you wanna make critter civ, then it's still possible to create 22 tribal civs.

And no.. i checked this now.. Currently vaulters are same culture group with BoS, Enclave, Mob and NCR (they all are European) but vault city graphics is American (what is for now Raiders culture group.. although.. as it seems, you have made their civ, but not included them in the game.. i thought, it is cuz their leaderhead is not specified). And it's so that vault city's last era town and city graphics are still regular civ city style.
And, my thought was, when you'd add also tribal civs, then European culture cities would be primarily for them and raiders.. and for Mob. But BoS, Enclave, Vault, NCR should have vaultcity graphics.
And Mad Max unit should be quite ok for tribals UU leatherarmored tribal gunman or leatherarmored scavenger or something like that

@Ancient One, good catch on the culture groups. Changed as of now. I will give some thought on the tribal civs. But that is one hell of a lot of leaderheads to be created, you going to do them? ;) :D
And Max was just added as a replacement for the scout dog. The kennel has been changed to a small wonder, which doubles the attack vs barbs and still spits out a dog evry 30 turns.

Max is called a leather shotgunner and is spit out by the Scavenger's market, as an explorer.

@Flamand, can you make a wonder pic for the kennel small wonder?

Yup, those are the Reavers, and damn on the critters. :sad: A shame since you could prevent diplomacy between civs in civ 2. Wonder why they removed that ability?

You could of course take a more creative approach... :mischief: Remove all speach from the critters or replace it with critter sounds. Like talking to a dog... ;)

You could of course take a more creative approach... :mischief: Remove all speach from the critters or replace it with critter sounds. Like talking to a dog... ;)

That is a GREAT idea! Will do that. :lol:

With Dogmeat as the leader ? :goodjob:

But he is not evil. And since he pwns everything else, he would be overpowered. :(

With Dogmeat as the leader ? :goodjob:

But he is not evil. And since he pwns everything else, he would be overpowered. :(

He pwns everything but forcefields in a vault. ;)

@Flamand, we still need the icons for the buildings large and small for the new wonders before I can add them.

That is a GREAT idea! Will do that. :lol:
:lol: But if you're talking to a dog how come you can convince him to trade with you ? :crazyeye: Unless he is Dogmeat, that's impossible.

Hey, i had an idea. Can you still go into diplomacy if you that civ is in a locked war with everyone ? Do they refuse every envoy ?

He pwns everything but forcefields in a vault. ;)
Ok,ok my mistake. Dogmeat pwns everyone else. :D

Check the file I sent you, it is all there... :p

Looking at the file as I type, no buildings 32 large or small. What I have is the wonder splash, and the civilopedia large and small icons. Those are different than the buildings pcxs.

@heretic, to make them at war I would need to put the civs in alliances. and that would not be good.

As for dogmeat, just had to put the record straight. ;)

Top Bottom