Fantasy Empires

I am, but I'm still a little "wet behind the ears" to say I'm a good one. I just have a ton of good ideas and some working knowledge of how graphix work and adding to text files. I haven't gotten around to learning how to fix what a Firaxis patch messes up in a mod yet. I will have to when they do it to my current project after it is released.

It's not easy to fix up the mod to be playable in C3C unfortunately. Lots of things have to be changed, and a few features would probably have to be redesigned as they're working differently in C3C. Someone who isn't already familiar with the 'intimate' details of the mod would have to spend a fair amount of time to make it work.

If Balrog is not around by the time Firaxis release the last patch for C3C, then I'll certainly volunteer to do it myself, but at the moment, my hands are full :)

@tjedge1: Don't worry - i've got good experience with the 'after-patch mod-explosions'. I'll lend a hand if necessary :D

Cool, Isak thanks.

I bet you got plenty of experience on the DyP team.

1. DyP team?
2. hey tjedge1, well first, how do u say ur name? then: do u have ne time 2 help me make a mod? i really wanna make 1 but ive never even cn a mod b4 (since ive had the same prob w fe as all the other mods):( i really wanna make an irish-type fantasy mod. would u b able 2 help me? or if not at least point me 2 sum1 who might b? go raibh maith agat^_^

glendan

DyP is a mod called Double your Pleasure. It is a great mod that expands everything about Civ 3 and then adds flavor as well. When they release the Conquests version you should try it out. It taught me alot on how to mod by just looking at what they could do with the game.

t j edge 1

As my sig shows I have my plate full at the moment, but I can try to give you advice. I would be interested in an Irish Fantasy mod since I'm part Irish. :beer: If you want to work on it yourself and just need advice I can try to help you.

We should probly not threadjack Balrog's Fantasy Empire thread here though if you want to discuss this. We can either do by PM or use the D&D Mods Discussion thread since it is kinda dead anyway and it's basically about ideas for fantasy mods. Otherwise you can start a new thread in the Customizaion and Creation forum.

EDIT: In fact I think I even saw an Irish map floating around the maps forum.

Hi!

It's almost impossible to follow the hole thread for someone new. So I would like to ask, which files do I need that the mod is working? I just downloaded:

-Fantasy Pack 2.0
-Patch 2.5 (3 files)

Anything else? If so, where I can get?

-Kope

I believe that's all that was made for this mod. It hasn't been updated since last summer and may not work with the latest PtW patch. Balrog has not returned from his other interests to update to his FE 2 version for Conquests. If this doesn't work, check the War Hammer mod in the same forum. That is more up to date at the moment.

It's a shame this wonderful mod has fallen away to obscurity.

Originally posted by tjedge1

It's a shame this wonderful mod has fallen away to obscurity.

It certainly is! I haven't downloaded it only because I was waiting for FE2 (and playing Warhammer, another wonderful mod)... anyone heard from Balrog lately?

Balrog, Balrog, where art thou? Do we have to send Gandalf to get you?
:D

Long live the Balrog lineage! Congrats on your heir.. :D
I just wanna say, that playing civ was starting to bore me... until I found this mod! my god, i spent all night playing it! very very well done :goodjob:

Now for the suggestions (i downloaded it 2 days ago and yet i already have like 20 hours gameplay :p ):
- Some units should become obsolete along the way. for example, i could build halberdiers (def 6) and pikemen (def 4) in same # of turns (but that could be becoz i managed to get super mega production cities :king: ). Also Scout and Explorer are always available (scout should upgrade to explorer, or have explorer be a light combat scout)
- tech is really really REALLY expensive
- more gov options (is oligarchy better than monarchy btw?)
- more civilopedia entries (i can help with that)
- more variaety of leaderheads. a LOT are repeated. you could consider using some of the WarHammer mod (ofcourse, with the creator's permit)

anyways, REALLY cool mod... I can't beleive what you managed to do with what i thought was a limited engine

all praise the balrog! :worship:

somebody needs to modify and update this mod. I have c3c and really want to play fantasy empires. somebody take matters in their own hands. if i was an experienced modder i would.

somebody needs to modify and update this mod. I have c3c and really want to play fantasy empires. somebody take matters in their own hands. if i was an experienced modder i would.

Balrog mentioned you will need the "Play the World expansion pack is required in order to play". What is that? Is in included in the Gold edition or Conquests?

What do I need to download this Mod?????

This mod looks great.

Try the War Hammer or Master of Master of Myrror. They are up to date fantasy mods with more depth than the current version of this mod. You could also keep your eye on Lord of the Mods and D&D: Mystara for upcoming mods.

As far as updating, this mod is currently too ancient now to update, but would be better to completly rebuild, which Balrog had said he would do, but now that he is a daddy, that may not happen. Kids are quite a nice distraction. Priorities change quickly when they pop into your life.

Originally posted by yaksack
Balrog mentioned you will need the "Play the World expansion pack is required in order to play". What is that? Is in included in the Gold edition or Conquests?

What do I need to download this Mod?????

This mod looks great.

Play the World is now included in the Gold edition and Conquests packages. Unfortuantly this mod was never updated after the final patch for PtW, and has therefore fallen away, since it is not playable with the PtW versions that come with those boxes. You would have to go out and track down an actual Play the World edition from before and then install only the patch this game can be played on. Your better off just playing another mod in the meantime, Balrog hasn't posted on this thread in quite some time.

EDIT: I'm using a lot of the concepts Balrog came up with in this mod for my own and the ones I posted for his FEII that he was planning.

It's well over halfway, but needs time to finish the unit lines (close to 400 units so far). Everything else except a few minor details and the Great Wonders is completed. Some things need graphix, but that I plan to take care of after the postbeta is released. I will have the closed beta testing on CDG once it's ready and then I'll release the postbeta and begin improving the overall look of the mod (IE: New leaderheads to fit better, missing units, adding missed or new graphix released on this forum.) I plan to make it a work in progress up untill the release date of Civ4. Then I'll make it for Civ4 (If they don't give us a crappy bland game like Civ3 was without the expansions). I have a nearly full Overview post at the fornt of the thread in my link. If your interested it has some pictures of concepts and there are several pictures of the mod progressing throughout the thread. Including Gnolls that Kinboat is making.

Hi civfans!!!
Thx for the good wishes lads!!! We have a baby now, he is a cute little Balrog boy. :D

Well....I will return to gaming indeed. In fact I am playing a wonderful strategy game for a period now, and I am totally amazed by it. If I have a little free time I am playing that now. It is the most complex strategy game ever, the gfx is not that nice but the gameplay....its incredible.
I wont advertise it here anyways, this is not the right place!

As for civ3 modding. I would like to make the FE II. I have a very little free time in these weeks, but I plan to make it. I have very good ideas as well.

If some of you have a little free time, plz post the links to the new fantasy unit graphics. [2003.12 - 2004.04]

Best regards, Balrog.

Top Bottom