Far Horizons: Past, Present, Future

Bobisback said:
I have been playing this mod for two or three days now I am in the early Modern Era.(before I continue This mod is one of the best mods I have played and just have some Questions)
first I have some Q's about planes I saw that all planes had Hidden nationality, are not immobile, they still have the airmissions, they can move faster, and Some but not all have no operation range I think the only ones are Maverick, Byplane, Laser Bomber, and Buffalo you might one to check. I Don't no about the Hidden nationality this is a good idea but the Ai will bomb the hell out of eveybody without going to war and it would be cheap. so I think you should srap this, now for the are not immobile thing good idea but because of game limitation's and Ai limitation's this will not work but if you had something else in mind that I missed please tell me;). planes can move faster I don't no if this is for the immobile thing or not. Now some planes have operation range and some don't I think it is a error but could be wrong. Now off of the plane subject and on to the navy subject, navy's I like the navy setup but in the middle Industrial and all of Modern ages you need to add some Hp to the better ships this is what I propose Destroyer no Hp bonus, Cruiser 1 hp bonus , Battleship 2 hp bonus, you get the picture. Now for middle Industrial and Modern age land units I think you need to put some bonus hp to all of the mechanized units thats so my tank will not lose to a spearman(had that happen 5 times so far:spear::() give tanks like 1 hp and mechs like 2 hp and so on. I think Elephant Archers are a little strong, Minuteman need to cost more or have -1 hp(I like -1hp better), and I think Special Forces are way to cheap for all the stuff they give you could give them -1hp because Special Forces come in small groups. What is the point of Twin Swordsman's having biltz if they only have one movement. I also think the Defender should have at least 3 movment. Why does the battleship upgrade to the Daedalus that is a 18\12\5 upgrading to 8\10\5 not to mention the Daedalus is a Transport. What is the Tornado for?

This is a good mod besides all of this stuff I mention:lol:;)

will post some more ideas and suggestions later when I finish this game.

I wanted to give Air Units the ability to move normally (So they could attack). Ill look into what you described. As for the Navy Idea...thats a good one and I will probably implement it in the next version. Sorry about the Spearman Problem BTW...did it occur with just Tanks or also with Early Tanks? Civ3's combat system is very random..The bonus HP idea is a good one.

The role of the Battleship goes to the Triton Submarine. I figured people would be building alot of Battleships up until the future era began, and I didn't want people to suddenly have a fleet of Tritons(which can carry two nuclear warheads BTW). Thats why the upgrade to Daedalus Bobiisback.

Im very happy that everyone seems to be enjoying the mod!

Just played for about 3 1/2 hours and I noticed the Pirate Flagships had only 1 move. Is that meant to be or a mistake?

Other than that, this game is a lot of fun. I didn't get to the modern of industrial times yet, but I'll try to play some more tomorrow.

Lachlan said:
What's "khymerians" ?

It's spelled the "Khmer". and drop the -ians off the end of it. Singular and plural is the same and without.
-Tom

Well Sword_Of_Geddon you came so close to the frist mod I played without errors but that was short lived there it a error with the Longbow Apache:( (lucky for me I no how to fix errors:) so I can keep playing my game I am about to win)

btw to fix this go to the Longbow Apache unit folder and rename LongbowApache.ini to Longbow Apache.ini and it should work.

I think this mod is great! I started to play this a few days ago and I have been kind of addicted to this creation. However as I have advanced into the modern era I´ve discovered a few bugs already. I play as germans and the first thing is the U-boat it cannot move, then there is the eurofighter which is missing in the pedaicons or something, the game just quit when i started to build it. Another thing that is quite nice but not that helpful is the terrain, in the beginning the farmlands look great compared to the irrigation terrain before, but when cities grow larger the tiles turn into big cities and huge buildings, making it hard to see whether you´ve built a mine or irrigation. I believe this mod is fantastic and it would be great if these issues could be solved. However I wish to congratulate you for an excellent mod and keep up the good work :) :goodjob:

I have to run a beta tonight for another game, then I'm going to take another shot at this mod. I'll be up for a few more hours so, I'll post my finds and maybe a screenshot of where I'm at once I get there. Then it's back to my my mod for a while.

I actually havn´t found any so called "ini" files in my far horizons/art/units/longbow direction. all I can find is the configuration file, longbowAttackA.flc, LongbowAttackB.flc, LongbowDeath.flc, LongbowFidget.flc and LongbowRun.flc as i mentioned earlier I had problems when attempting to build the eurofighter, the game quit and there was this note something like: files could not be found victory==.. etc... so i checked the configuration file but I don´t understand how to get this right :sad:

Another way of fixing it would be to just open the ini file(configuration file) and scroll down to sounds and type this in from of each sound that has something typed there.

..\Jet Fighter\

So it should look like this when your done.

[Sound Effects]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=..\Jet Fighter\JetFighterRun.wav
ATTACK1=..\Jet Fighter\JetFighterAttack.amb
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=..\Jet Fighter\JetFighterDeath.wav
DEAD=
FORTIFY=
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=
VICTORY=..\Jet Fighter\JetFighterBomb.wav
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=

This way you save space on your hard drive by sharing the file instead of duplicating it. ;)

SO many errors trying to type them all, Space Battleship can't attack land units or sea units because it is a air unit, air units died when a land unit moves on its sqaure it is a game problem so you have to make air units immoble.

Every jet you add to the game you put a "=" in front of the every thing you copy and pasted for the jet fighter and most of the jets the folder name is like Su27Flanker when it has to be Su27 Flanker
here is a list units that have errors:
Euro fighter
F22 Raptor
Longbow Apache
Daedalus
Pioneer
Su27 Flanker
ANIMNAME_PRTO_Durg_Soldier in the PediaIcons.txt needs to be ANIMNAME_PRTO_Derg_Soldier
MiG21
MechWalker
Crawler

I thing this is it you will have to go and look at every unit and fix the problems.

The early submarine is not invisible :cry: Some man o'war destroyed all my early submarines :cry:

Is that ok? or is that a bug?

The mod looks great, but when will the next version be available? I think I'll wait till then to DL.

Top Bottom