Far Horizons: Past, Present, Future

could you please make a patch with all the units working, i really think this mod is great and have tried to fix the problems with the units. I got the longbow to work but i haven´t got the eurofighter and su27 to work. Bombisback made a list over all the units that had defects: here is a list units that have errors:
Euro fighter
F22 Raptor
Longbow Apache
Daedalus
Pioneer
Su27 Flanker
ANIMNAME_PRTO_Durg_Soldier in the PediaIcons.txt needs to be ANIMNAME_PRTO_Derg_Soldier
MiG21
MechWalker
Crawler

by the way what´s the rise and rule project? sounds very interesting :)

Rise and Rule is the sequel to Double Your Pleasure.

Sorry, Sword_of_Geddon. My intenet went nuts the last couple of days, but it seems to work now. I'll get you those updated biq's.

My computer went nuts yesterday....so I can't work on modding until its fixed. I'm using my Dad's computer currently.

Cyberstrong: I've created a new patch that fixes the submarine errors a couple of days ago. I'm going to create a new patch that fixes all the errors after my computer is done getting fixed. I also corrected the Derg Soldier error, check out the new Pediaicons file I uploaded. Its on the bottom of the first post on page one of this thread.

Tjedge....I got your new Biqs. I'm going to hold off on uploading them until my comps fixed though, it will be realized along with the new patch. Thankyou so much for making those maps for me.

No problem really. You should thank Rhye also, since I just altered his map slightly for my own use and then a little more for this mod. :)

I really look forward for the next version of this mod along with the unit fixes. again I wan´t to thank you both Sword Of Geddon and Tjedge for a great modification. I believe that with the unit fixes this one will be near perfection :goodjob: some things I´ve noticed with Civ3 compared to Civ2 when it comes to unit attributes is that submarines are to weak even in conquests. I believe it would be more fitting to maybe raise submarine attack to 10-12 something and raise their shield production costs. One thing I think is very good in this mod is that even early warships have decent attack values. Another thing is the Stealthbomber I think it´s to weak, with just 18 in attack and so expensive. A cool unit addition would be to be able to build hot air balloons somewhere around the end of medieval or beginning of the industrial age, they could be used like an early radar system maybe like seeing 3 squares in each direction. Another thing that would be really cool but maybe impossible would be to add the opportunity to settle Mars or another solar system when the spaceship has reached it´s destination continuing where the regular game ends. I´m eager to try out the next version of this mod keep up the great work ;)

Thanks for your kind words Cyber! It means alot to me to hear praise for my work. I like your Balloon Idea. Perhaps Magnetism could be the required tech? They could upgrade to Zepplins with Flight, and then to something else in the Modern Era perhaps?

It would seem like Mechwarfare cannot be researched, and there is a bug with the f22 Raptor as well.
F22 Raptor: mispelled the name of the ini file, and 2 = instead of 1 = in many places when you refer to the jet fighter.
Mechwarfare, seemingly does'nt have any links to it when you look at it in the research screen, even if it does have links in the editor. Not sure what to do about that though. Quite new with this editor.
Otherwise it's a great mod.

SoG, I'll download it, re zip it into one file, and then upload it to the GCF uploads server for you, so you can post a one part link.

Well, first, I've got to figure out the bugs and how to fix them, and then what it will add. So far, these are the units I was working with:

-Arqubuiser(Chemistry, upgrades from Musketman)

-Zebra Raider(New Special Horseman for the Nubians, Ethiopians and Zulu)

-Knight of Anubis(Replaces Medival Infantry for the Egyptians)

-Hot Air Balloon(Magnitism, upgrades from Explorer, has radar)

-Zepplin(Flight, upgrades from Hot Air Balloon, has radar)

The Zepplin will upgrade to the Apache Helicopter with the discovery of Sythetic Fibers in the Modern Era.

-Lightstar Tank(Mech Warfare, upgrades from Laser Tank, the ultimate Tank unit)

-Star Carrier(Capital Starships, upgrades from Prometheus).

The Space Battleship will become a Naval Unit, and lose its carrying ability except for missiles.

-Vuldacon-Class Megamissle(Military Spaceflight, upgrades from Cruise Missile)

-V-2 Rocket(Flight, first missile unit, upgrades to Cruise Missile)

-Space Transport(Working name, requires Military Spaceflight, upgrades from Helicopter)

Those sound really cool. I like those late age units your adding. I saw an old infantry unit made a couple years back get bumped yesterday, it was a really good one. You think you could add it? I'll edit in a link to it once I find it again.

Ok, here is the link. It might have been bumped, but please no one post so it will slip away again. This thread is over a year old, maybe 2. Just download the file, please no posting.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=34731

EDIT: My 2400th post :banana:

Balou's Armored Shock Infantry? Thats already in Far Horizons actually. Its called Power Armor, and it upgrades from Marines and Modern Paratroopers.

I should have also mentioned the HuTi Bebro released yesterday, thats a great Medival Infantry unit for China.

I wrote this list again of all the units that hade defects, I didn´t experience any of those until late industrial while playing with the germans. The first thing was the U-boat error which there is an update for now, as well as the derg soldier. But then in the modern age there seems to be lot´s of unit errors. I managed to fix the longbow error, but I never got the Euro fighter to work so I couldn´t finish my last game :( but otherwise I think this mod is the greatest. I´ve also tried some other mods, so i found Goldflash´s mod but I think this one is much better even if Goldflashs mod is a really good one. These are all the unit errors that have been mentioned earlier:
Eurofighter
F22 Raptor
Longbow Apache
Daedalus
Pioneer
Su27 Flanker
ANIMNAME_PRTO_Durg_Soldier in the PediaIcons.txt needs to be ANIMNAME_PRTO_Derg_Soldier
MiG21
MechWalker
Crawler

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Balou's Armored Shock Infantry? Thats already in Far Horizons actually. Its called Power Armor, and it upgrades from Marines and Modern Paratroopers.
oops. I knew that. Really. :mischief: I need to finish my game.

i found some bugs in unit recourse requirements:
baracuda- needs uranium
camel rider - iron
there are more units but i don't remember which

Top Bottom