1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Far Horizons: Past, Present, Future

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Jul 6, 2004.

1. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

I got a crash form the pioneer. When I was in the city screen and selected it to build it crashed. Wneh I get a chance I'll get the exact error message and post it here.

2. Hellbound

Hellbound Chieftain

Well, i have found more bugs on this great mod:
    1. The statue of Zeus doesnt produce ancient calvary, even when is built by the AI.

2. Last game i won by domination and after i saw the victory message the game crashed and exited.

Seeya

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

1. The Ancient Cavalry unit is now the Roman Auxilla..the Statue of Zeus only produces lots of culture now, in the expansion it will produce Ancient Cavalry again, but not the old Ancient Cavalry

2. Not sure why that happened...maybe something to do with the pcxs? Its never happened to me.

4. JokerDF

JokerDF Chieftain

Great MOD, i really liked it :p
    About the governments: Globalism is bad at everything, why someone would use it? Technocracy and Confederacy are overpower, good at everything

The Cuirasser, great unit, dont have cost... so you can built it with 1 turn, always

Change the Science_ancient, industrial and etc. At the Art/Advisors folder. So people may know how do get a tech

Fundamentalism should NOT be requeried for era advance. And i think that Hagia Sofia should not became obsolete, i hate when the cathedrals desapier.

At civilopedia, fundamentalism was suposed to have 200% of worker efficiency (not 120), militarism is all wrong at civilopedia too.

Great MOD :)

5. estonianman

estonianman Chieftain

I encountered this error message while playing you mod. It happened when I contacted the Isrealites for the first time.

great mod btw! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Attached Files:

6. estonianman

estonianman Chieftain

Well I found that the scenario has the wrong paths for the animations - is it possible to change this with out starting a new game?????

I really hope not!

7. Timelord

Timelord Chieftain

Try looking at the .ini file for what ever unit that is/was, could be the author mispelled the name of the flc, that or the actual path is wrong, in either case it should be fixable in the .ini file(s) and you should be able to resume your game.

8. Evaldas

Evaldas Chieftain

the bug is in israel leaderhead file names, it must begin with au.. not kw

9. Sword_Of_Geddon

The updated biqs at the bottom of the first post should solve the leaderhead problem...I was orginally using Piernik's Casamir the Great as a fill in for King Solomon, hense the error(I forgot to fix it in the normal biq)

In the up in coming expansion/patch, I'll be fixing all of the unit errors, plus their will be three new civs(Sioux, Haida, and Siam), and the return of an old one(Iroquois)..

Ive already fixed the governments, and whats required to advance.

The tech arrows is a problem for me though...I don't have Paintshop Pro, and thats required for that.

10. tjedge1

Try using GIMP. I think you can get it at gimp.org

It is free and works with indexed pcx files that the game will reckognize. That's what I use.

11. JokerDF

JokerDF Chieftain

The mod is very very good but some things:

*You may get an error from Daedalus, the error is at Art/Units/Daedalus, the file dEAdalusdeath.flc should be dAEdalusdeath.flc

*The crossbow cost is too low, only 15, for a unit of 4atc and 1def, while the Ranger costs too much: 40 for 3atc and 1def. The Man on arms costs 40 for 5atc and 1def, and i think that should be a base for others. This way you upgrade ranger for crossbow without cost

*The Arrow Tower is too good, 10 def is too much to ancient era, if you build one you wont lose your city until modern age. For ancient times 5 def is already high, same for rampant cannon, also change the costs so the upgrade is not 0. Like Knight costs 70, Heavy Knight too, you may upgrade freely to a much better unit, increase Heavy Knight cost to 75 or 80. (Also remember the Cuirasser that dont have cost, 75 or 80 should be good)

As you noticed I dont like upgrade cost 0 :p This is because you may build a lot of crap units and at one turn transform that to very good units, it’s too dangerous. The same thing is happening with Early submarine and Submarine, if you want to show that now we build a better sub with lower cost, I advise turning off the upgrade ability for early sub.

Congratulations on the mod, i loved the new civs, new units, and etc. Keep the good work :)

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

Interesting recommendations Joker...I'll going to change alot of things(costs of some units).

I've already increased the Curaissier's cost(Zero was ridiculious in the AI's hands) I'm probably going to increase the Crossbowman's cost to 30...I want it to be a cheap unit for civs that lack metal. The Heavy Knight is also worth looking into.

13. Reeb

Reeb Chieftain

EDIT: Sorry, Shoulda read everything, :p

14. Petronius

Petronius Chieftain

HI. omg..why Cuirassier costs 1 buck??!!!!

15. Petronius

Petronius Chieftain

you must rename flics files (in directory far horizonts/art/flics ) with names KE_xxxxx to Kw_xxxxx when you want to contact israels....

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Only in the original version.

The Cuirsassier...one shield...yes...that problem...I forgot to put in shield costs for that unit... :lol: Its cool if your the one building them...but if your at war, and someone sends them against you..... :eek: That will be fixed in the expansion patch.

17. Petronius

Petronius Chieftain

hi....i played it. Nice units, but some small errors with names of some files ( F22 Raptor, Daedlaus,etc...). Nice terreain , but too much skycraps in railway era :))... i can't finish it, cause some big error on end of tech tree ...i can't fix it...
    P.S: some upgrade costs between your new unit is needed.. gj bye

18. Sword_Of_Geddon

What tech is causing the big error? :eek:

19. WildWeazel

WildWeazel hard-coded Supporter

SOG, do I need some special program to extract .rar files? Sorry if this has been answered, I didn't feel like readin 5 pages :p

20. tjedge1

WinRAR works, and I think Win ace? can extract them also.