[Feature] Additional Wonders

- Abbey Mills Pumping Station: requires Hydraulics, free Sewer in all cities

You can prepare the code. ;)

I'm using this as a base. Unfortunately, I cannot directly convert the art. So I have to create the model by myself. But I can take the coordinates of the example as a base to get the same proportions. I can use the same art files. I think the end result will be very similar.

Great!

New update: new improved art for The Parthenon and Taj Mahal from Realism Invictus

A sneakpeak of the Abbey Mills Pumping Station.

I still want to do the 3 doors on the sides and the 4 small towers on the roof. But even without them I quite like it.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• AbbeyMillsPump_20180731_16-09-44.jpg
    AbbeyMillsPump_20180731_16-09-44.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 622
Have you thought about including more Mesoamerican wonders? There is art for the Pyramid of the Magician of Uxmal (link to art), as well as for Temple I (a.k.a. Temple of the Great Jaguar or Temple of Ah Cacao) in Tikal (link to art, first model). Templo Mayor in Tenochtitlan would be a good addition too, but I don't think there's art for it.

Adding a Maya wonder could make the Maya game more exciting and break the pattern of 1 wonder per Pre-Columbian civ—which would make sense, given the important architectural heritage of the Maya. The effect could be taken from any of the several ideas that have been suggested for the Maya UP, or something about science to compensate a change to the current Maya UP.

Also, I vaguely remember a discussion about changing the effect of the Temple of Kukulkan. Have you decided against it? I feel like the +25% defense bonus in all cities would be nice if given to the Moscow Kremlin, for which there is also existing art.

Saint Basil's Cathedral already has the defense effect, and while I like the Kremlin art aren't both of these wonders too similar or too much? I guess the Kremlin would come in the late middle ages instead? Not opposed to it but there needs to be at least another effect for it or something to move to saint Basil's Cathedral instead.

I would like to remove the Temple of Kukulkan effect (it's the only true duplicate right now) but so far haven't seen a good idea for that, and couldn't think of anything myself. So that wasn't really a conscious decision. And since I was stuck there I didn't consider anything new. The problem here is that a bunch of different pyramids is all very similar.

Saint Basil's Cathedral already has the defense effect, and while I like the Kremlin art aren't both of these wonders too similar or too much? I guess the Kremlin would come in the late middle ages instead? Not opposed to it but there needs to be at least another effect for it or something to move to saint Basil's Cathedral instead.
Oh I hadn't realized that. It would fit better for the Kremlin, but yeah, I'm not sure what St. Basil's Cathedral could get then. I will say that the Kremlin and the Cathedral are far from being similar things, and I'm not sure why they're lumped together so often besides being next to each other.

I'll try to think of interesting effects to flesh out the suggestion. Although, I guess it depends on what are your plans for the Maya UP, if any.

Last edited:
In the context of civ they are confused because Firaxis used the Cathedral as art for the Kremlin (or misnamed the Cathedral).

I don't think they are equivalent but they both represent the Muscovite state and the Tsardom, and if they also come at the same time or have to similar themes it feels redundant. I don't know how old the Kremlin is but if the late middle ages are justifiable that could work. I tried to theme the cathedral around large empires and Siberian colonisation with the +1 movement for civilian units effect, maybe there can be something else in that regard. With plus defense from the Kremlin (or something that helps against the Mongols?) that would be reasonably different.

I would like to remove the Temple of Kukulkan effect (it's the only true duplicate right now) but so far haven't seen a good idea for that, and couldn't think of anything myself. So that wasn't really a conscious decision. And since I was stuck there I didn't consider anything new. The problem here is that a bunch of different pyramids is all very similar.
The temple is located above a cenote, due to the spiritual significance of water. Perhaps it could provide fresh water to all of the owner's cities until its obsolescence?

Cool idea but would that be useful for the Maya?

First off to introduce my self, im long time fan of this mod and I want to thank Leoreth and everyone else participating in its development for giving me such great experience.

To stay on the topic though, anyone considered adding a jewish wonder not directly connected with state of Israel or Judea.
Large influence of Jews in European and Middle Eastern trade and finance is not represented at all at this point, so Krakow old synagogue would be nice wonder that could represent at once large prewar jJwish population of Poland and Polish religious tolerance (it has model used for Kasmierz in RFC Europe), while making it open not only to Catholic Europe but also to Middle East and Orthodox Europe.

Wonder would provide additional 5% to bank or market per 1 population in three largest cities with Judaism.
3 city limit would benefit mostly core cities and stop it from being exploited by large colonial empires or Ottomans, while it would synchronize well with Polish UHV.

Welcome to the forum, great you're enjoying the mod.

Does RFCE have a model for it? Whatever they're using is really low poly and low res so it was impossible to tell if it resembles any real life building.

For a new wonder effect, does this mod already have a Granary-like effect for Great People points? So, if a new Great Person is born, the bar starts at X% instead of at 0%. You can find code for this in the download database.
If yes, how about the same but then for Great Generals?

It doesn't, but functionally how is that different from just a GP rate modifier?

It doesn't, but functionally how is that different from just a GP rate modifier?
It's a different scale. At some point, maintaining 25% is better than having +100%. But you are right, I suppose.

That's true, long term percentage kept scales better with the polynomial growth than a GP modifier.

Merged a pull request by merijn_v1: added Abbey Mills Pumping Station art and further wonder art improvements

Two wonders I would still add immediately if there is good art:
- Menlo Park: requires Electricity, +25% commerce with power (change Crystal Palace to +2 free engineers)

:mischief:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• MenloPark_20180804_00-52-49.jpg
    MenloPark_20180804_00-52-49.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 456
Top Bottom