Featured Games

I have autosaves set to every 3 turns because the primary cause of lag between turns are autosaves. In the late game, it takes me about ~30 seconds to advance a turn when an autosave occurs, compared to ~5 seconds without the autosave.

I have autosaves set to every 3 turns because the primary cause of lag between turns are autosaves. In the late game, it takes me about ~30 seconds to advance a turn when an autosave occurs, compared to ~5 seconds without the autosave.

That's worth repeating. I have to remember to reset mine for much less when I'm playing a regular testing game.

Thal just mentioned that Game #3 will have all victory conditions. This was my original preference, but I really enjoyed comparing my game to so many others in #2. At this point I would enjoy either approach, and hope both continue.

I also wanted to propose GotVEM games down the road where they feel more like a scenario. Thal has already begun doing this by customizing the starting spots. But I'm imagining extreme geography, raging barbs, extra CS... or the opposite... woven into a story that we are about to write.

What do others think about this?

I like the idea of adding unusual aspects to the game to spice things up. I've changed the map type to something new for Game 3 to do this to some extent. :)

I haven't played in a month or so and I always have autosave every turn. I'll try changing it to three and see if that improves the late game turn length (30-60s) I've seen.

I'm thinking it might be fun to start another featured game in another few weeks. I expect to have all the major parts of the mod in by then, and a featured game would be an excellent way of finding things to balance. :)

Top Bottom