1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Games

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by Txurce, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I have autosaves set to every 3 turns because the primary cause of lag between turns are autosaves. In the late game, it takes me about ~30 seconds to advance a turn when an autosave occurs, compared to ~5 seconds without the autosave.

2. Txurce

Txurce Deity

That's worth repeating. I have to remember to reset mine for much less when I'm playing a regular testing game.

3. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Thal just mentioned that Game #3 will have all victory conditions. This was my original preference, but I really enjoyed comparing my game to so many others in #2. At this point I would enjoy either approach, and hope both continue.

I also wanted to propose GotVEM games down the road where they feel more like a scenario. Thal has already begun doing this by customizing the starting spots. But I'm imagining extreme geography, raging barbs, extra CS... or the opposite... woven into a story that we are about to write.

What do others think about this?

4. Thalassicus

I like the idea of adding unusual aspects to the game to spice things up. I've changed the map type to something new for Game 3 to do this to some extent. :)

5. Zaldron

Zaldron King

I haven't played in a month or so and I always have autosave every turn. I'll try changing it to three and see if that improves the late game turn length (30-60s) I've seen.

6. Thalassicus

Click Here to join the pre-game discussion for VEM Featured Game 4! :king:

7. Thalassicus

I'm thinking it might be fun to start another featured game in another few weeks. I expect to have all the major parts of the mod in by then, and a featured game would be an excellent way of finding things to balance. :)