Harbour adds health from whale, Cothon does not.

Holy office (along with inquisitors) should only be available under the fundamentalist civic and the effects (sickness, espionage, commerce bonus, etc) of an existing holy office should only be active under that civic as well. Switching to a different religious civic would disband all inquisitors.

Also, would be awesome if some wonders had different art for different culture groups (I.e. The great wall and the parthenon would look radically different if the mayans built them, The buiding surrounding the statue of zeus would look different, etc)

Harbour adds health from whale, Cothon does not.

Good catch. Fixed for 1.20.

Holy office (along with inquisitors) should only be available under the fundamentalist civic and the effects (sickness, espionage, commerce bonus, etc) of an existing holy office should only be active under that civic as well. Switching to a different religious civic would disband all inquisitors.

Actually I'd like to remove the Holy Office completely and tie the availability of Inquisitors directly to the Fundamentalism civic. There are some technical challenges though, but I'm working on it. No ETA at this stage.

Also, would be awesome if some wonders had different art for different culture groups (I.e. The great wall and the parthenon would look radically different if the mayans built them, The buiding surrounding the statue of zeus would look different, etc)

The art just isn't available, and where it is I generally have to prioritize its use for National Wonders and regular buildings first.

Hmm, Fundamentalism civic enabling Inquisitors... I've had an idea how to improve representation of Cold War political economy. How about if you're running Redistribution and have Trade Unions, you can build an Agitator unit that lets you "expropriate" a Corporate branch, removing it from the city and maybe giving you, say, a bunch of money or overflow Hammers to represent the state seizing its assets?

If this kind of unit requires a Building to be workable, then perhaps something like a Supreme Soviet as a National Wonder that can produce them?

Hmm, Fundamentalism civic enabling Inquisitors... I've had an idea how to improve representation of Cold War political economy. How about if you're running Redistribution and have Trade Unions, you can build an Agitator unit that lets you "expropriate" a Corporate branch, removing it from the city and maybe giving you, say, a bunch of money or overflow Hammers to represent the state seizing its assets?

If this kind of unit requires a Building to be workable, then perhaps something like a Supreme Soviet as a National Wonder that can produce them?

Yeah, if I can get it working with Fundamentalism it opens up some further possibilities with Corporations. Shall see.

Only potential issue that comes to mind for me is the possibility to exploit the system and clog up games with micromanagement should it be possible to make the payoff from an expropriation exceed the cost of spreading a branch. There was talk before about making distinctions between public and private sector enterprises that might be relevant.

Not sure if someone noted this bug or not, but after you build the four temple for Teolith religion and get a Great Priest, the screen that pops up for the Religious Wonder is just a large square of Pink?

Must have a broken link in there.

Not sure if someone noted this bug or not, but after you build the four temple for Teolith religion and get a Great Priest, the screen that pops up for the Religious Wonder is just a large square of Pink?

Must have a broken link in there.

Missing file actually, same problem affects the Druidic and Asatru shrines. I seem to have removed one file to many when I replaced the cutscenes for those religions recently. Fixed for 1.20.

Also a VERY minor continuity problem with temples. All the religious building have the symbol of their religion in the build buttons but one, I think it's Ba'alism. Always slightly urked me.

It's Pesedjet. There's a few others with incorrect symbol variations too. Bugs me too, but it's one of those tasks that's quite fiddly and time consuming so I keep putting it off for more pressing jobs. I'll get it done some day though.

Unique buildings are not being captured with the Hagia Sophia.

Demonstrated in the attached save with Ulundi's Ikhanda:

Unique buildings are not being captured with the Hagia Sophia.

Demonstrated in the attached save with Ulundi's Ikhanda:

Looks like most of the Barracks, Theatre, Monument, Library and School UBs were still set to be completely uncapturable. There was discussion in the past about deliberately excluding some of those, but I don't recall what the issue was. Easily fixed for 1.20 though.

One more for you

Code:
	def onBuildingBuilt(self, argsList):
		'Building Completed'
		pCity, iBuildingType = argsList
		game = gc.getGame()

### Palace
		if iBuildingType == gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PALACE'):
			if gc.getPlayer(pCity.getOwner()).isCivic(gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_RECIPROCITY')):
				HR.replaceBuildingInCapital(pPlayer, gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PALACE'), gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PALACE_RECIPROCITY'))

pPlayer undefined

Ah, good catch. Fixed.

I really appreciate you looking over my all my Python code btw. Some of my early work is/was pretty poorly coded, I'd never used Python prior to HR. Always more to learn! I will no doubt be borrowing more and more of your work over the next while too :)

Since there are so many things to fix, which I guess some have already been fixed in your 1.20 beta version, if you want you can upload the 3 main python files I help you take a look when bored :D

That would be awesome. I'll send them to you in a private message a bit later today.

Checked and rewrite some codes.
Wrote most changes initially, didn't bother after awhile :D
Some of them, I simply write in comments directly in the file, to see what you wanna do with them.
See if they make sense before I carry on :D
Got rid of many loops and turn checks.

Haven't bothered to look into Corporation codes.

All the chopping codes should be moved to onPlotFeatureRemoved rather than onUnitBuildImprovement because oUBI is triggered much much more often....

Password sent via pm

P.S.
Most of them, I simply C&P from my own traits/wonders and didn't have time to test each of them, so there may be some C&P errors...

Awesome, thank you so much. Going through it all now. One quick question:

onCityAcquired (your version)

Code:
	### Traits - Extra City Yield
		for iYieldType in range(3):
			iTrait = HR.getExtraCityYieldTrait(iYieldType)
			iYieldChange = HR.getExtraCityYieldTraitChange(iYieldType)
			if pNewOwner.hasTrait(iTrait):
				pCity.changeBaseYieldRate(iYieldType, iYieldChange)

onCityAcquired (my old version)

Code:
	### Traits - Extra City Yield
		for iYieldType in range(3):
			iTrait = HR.getExtraCityYieldTrait(iYieldType)
			iYieldChange = HR.getExtraCityYieldTraitChange(iYieldType)
			if pNewOwner.hasTrait(iTrait):
				CyGame().setPlotExtraYield(iX, iY, iYieldType, iYieldChange)
			if pOldOwner.hasTrait(iTrait):
				CyGame().setPlotExtraYield(iX, iY, iYieldType, -iYieldChange

Switching this to changeBaseYieldRate makes good sense and was something I'd be meaning to do. However, in your code you don't have anything removing the extra yield from a previous owner. Is that deliberate or is base yield removed automatically when a city changes hands?

Automatically.

New one. Cut Civic checks done. Move Civic initialisation directly to gamestart

There are some python stuff which are auto removed when city changes hands.

Free Bonus, Extra Happy, Extra Health are some others I can remember

Top Bottom