Feud: A New Interactive AAR

The Elder Council should be made of the head of the Major Houses, those whose power is recognized by others. The House of Uther proposes that the founding members(all players who join before Update 0/1) of our Nation be allowed in, and that a new clan can join by a 3/4 or more vote, and a clan already in can be kicked out by a 2/3 vote.

:agree:

I also agree with Cull. However, I do not believe that a duel is the proper method of selection. Any fool can wield a sword, but a wise man will know how to manage their own affairs.

Which brings me to my own proposal:

While keeping Cull's original plan, I propose that any house seeking admission to the council be required to be a landowner and that they be able to pay their own taxes. This rule shall not apply to the original houses (as stated within Cull's proposal).

Also, should a member of the council be inactive for a full generation, they will automatically be removed from the council.

And how did you propose this? By a duel. Truly, the world must be rotting if this is the best we can do.

As opposed to the system the House of Uther has put forward with allows dismissal and entry based upon the popularity. Popularity requires wit, but also an element of brawl. As for the House of McNair's idea, it has some merit. However, taxes are set by the Cheiftan, whose power is tied by the Council. In this way, the Council has to keep taxes low, which may be a bad idea.

Understood. Under review, the tax requirement now seems to give too much leniency to be effective. However, I stand firmly behind the requirement of landownership.

Land ownership makes sense, however the House of Uther is currently unaware of the power of the Cheiftain. Is the Cheiftan able to enter private House affairs, take and give land of the Houses or non?

And I'm finally at a computer to answer all of this.

So, I take it that AND 1.75 came out

EDIT: I liked House of Aysee better, so I changed it back.

Will do. 1.75 isn't out yet. :D

House of Uther.

We do what no one else does, and we enjoy it. Others see a dagger and run, we take the dagger, shove it up some noses, and laugh, grab a few beers, and have a good time while getting paid. Our loyalty is to the House, and to the highest bidder, in that order. We are the House of Uther, and we're proud of it.

Will add.

The Elder Council should be made of the head of the Major Houses, those whose power is recognized by others. The House of Uther proposes that the founding members(all players who join before Update 0/1) of our Nation be allowed in, and that a new clan can join by a 3/4 or more vote, and a clan already in can be kicked out by a 2/3 vote.

Thing about that is that there's the time to first update may be a little while off and that a majority of people will be Elder Council but I likey so far.

The elder council should be led by someone who can win in a tournament of duels!

:lol:

I also agree with Cull. However, I do not believe that a duel is the proper method of selection. Any fool can wield a sword, but a wise man will know how to manage their own affairs.

:)

Which brings me to my own proposal:

While keeping Cull's original plan, I propose that any house seeking admission to the council be required to be a landowner and that they be able to pay their own taxes. This rule shall not apply to the original houses (as stated within Cull's proposal).

Will add in a write-up.

Also, should a member of the council be inactive for a full generation, they will automatically be removed from the council.

Mmhmm

A member of the council needs to show strength to enter, and not be some cheese-eating-surrender-monkey!

Everyone pre-update will be on equal footing at first and the Elder Council has to be set up before then. ;)

As opposed to the system the House of Uther has put forward with allows dismissal and entry based upon the popularity. Popularity requires wit, but also an element of brawl. As for the House of McNair's idea, it has some merit. However, taxes are set by the Cheiftan, whose power is tied by the Council. In this way, the Council has to keep taxes low, which may be a bad idea.

Wow.....

I didn't even think about that.

This should be interesting.

Understood. Under review, the tax requirement now seems to give too much leniency to be effective. However, I stand firmly behind the requirement of landownership.

Land ownership makes sense, however the House of Uther is currently unaware of the power of the Cheiftain. Is the Cheiftan able to enter private House affairs, take and give land of the Houses or non?

The Chieftain's power can be set by the Elder Council but even then, as in reality, his power will be set by precedents more than anything.

So far, I'm seeing this as the major proposals.

The Uther-Mcnair Proposal
-All Founding Houses are part of the Elder Council
-New Houses require 3/4 vote in order to join.
-Removal of House requires a 2/3 vote.
-New Houses would need to be landowners.

Aysee addon
-Houses inactive for one generation are dismissed from the Elder Council.

The Green Proposal
-Membership decided by duel.

Depending on the government, you can get a plot of land for a cost or for free but you will be taxed and building an improvement can cost you money.

This seems to hint that the chieftain can award properties, but not remove them. I believe that exile is the only way to do so.

Edit: Disregard above. I didn't see Sonereal's post.

This seems to hint that the chieftain can award properties, but not remove them. I believe that exile is the only way to do so.

Edit: Disregard above. I didn't see Sonereal's post.

;)

Chieftain will be the most malleable of the government civics used in this game because power can vary so greatly. To actually change civics would require more than just "changing" civics but establishing something to change that civic. To switch to slavery will be easy. To switch from Chieftain to Monarchy will be pretty easy. Switching from Chieftain to Despotism will take skill on part of the House and Despotism is weakened by the fact that the position isn't hereditary by nature.

Thanks for clearing that up Sonereal!

In that case, land ownership is a must! After all, a House must have a Home to be a real House.

Thanks for clearing that up Sonereal!

In that case, land ownership is a must! After all, a House must have a Home to be a real House.

Hmm....if land ownership is going to be the BIG thing then I'm going to have to post a screen of the start so you guys can divide up the land available right at start?

OOC: I suppose we could do it tile per tile, but what about creating a map of very in depth such as 5 "tiles" per one in-game tile? That way expansion became a little more important perhaps? UNLESS, we're playing from a start in which we have multiple cities/a lot of more tiles.

OOC: I suppose we could do it tile per tile, but what about creating a map of very in depth such as 5 "tiles" per one in-game tile? That way expansion became a little more important perhaps? UNLESS, we're playing from a start in which we have multiple cities/a lot of more tiles.

The problem is that that's a lot of work on me at the moment and it'll only get worst as it goes. The thing about it is that eventually, we will have borders popped, giving us more land and then there's the map-size itself. There are about 40 tiles making up Britain and Ireland alone. Enough for more than four each player and since we're starting at Rome (no one seems to be against it), we're going to expand into Europe which is far larger.

Im fine with anything, as long as house Iturbide sits on the council and we keep out the filthy peasants.

Here's a screenie of the shot (gamespeed: Snail which is why build times are sorta long but since everyone starts with either a free worker or workboat, its no biggie hopefully).

Spoiler :

By the looks of it, at most 7 Houses can get one plot and the Chief can have the city. Right off the bat, the Fish and Stone plots will be bringing in 40 gold in taxes right off the bat per turnset (10 turns) if left unimproved. 40 gold can afford someone to pay for the Toolmaker building and/or a warrior mercenary. Meanwhile....well, settlers are something you do not build off the bat clearly. Overall, it would take over two generations to build one right now.

Other tiles will only bring in 30 gold per turn per turnset BUT they can easily be improved. Which tech is pushed for first will decide things. Right now, I won't penalize it but once cart paths (roads) are available, there will be a turnset grace period before I dish out the penalty of not having the plot connected to a city.

Without agriculture, there's not much that can be done with wheat and without mining (I believe) that stone is also not going to do a ton of good yet which means that fish is ultra-important.

So, work it out among yourselves and decide who gets what.

(Edit to add: Some resources can make the citizens of a city like the House supplying it. So, wheat and fish are two resources that can make the people smile).

Top Bottom