FF 0.42 Bug Thread

Odd bug that I can't seem to reproduce: I am currently in a single player game as the Calabim where everyone else in the game seems to be far to trusting of vampires... XD Namely, every other leader in the game has the +4 "You seem trustworthy" bonus, but I've never cast Trust (don't even have archmages yet, and the bonus was there from the first time I met another civ).

I have made some research about Hyborem and his border and ctd.

(Just to be clear. I can play regular Ffh2 for hundreds of turns without any crash. It's just FF that crash.)

Hopefully this can be of any help...

The game crash for me the next turn. There is an autosave for turn 32, but my computer refuse to load it and crash instead.

Loaded fine for me, AI Autoplay went without issue. Then I activated Grids and it crashed immediately (this is using your Autosave).

Hopefully it proves reliable to crash every time and we can isolate the issue!

EDIT: Replacing all of the ocean tiles with land tiles solves the issue. So it would seem that the problem is Hell Terrain on water cannot deal with a Grid being active.

Odd bug that I can't seem to reproduce: I am currently in a single player game as the Calabim where everyone else in the game seems to be far to trusting of vampires... XD Namely, every other leader in the game has the +4 "You seem trustworthy" bonus, but I've never cast Trust (don't even have archmages yet, and the bonus was there from the first time I met another civ).

Going to have to add this to the list of "strange results of the Feat System"

Something is certainly not working right with the move to define the Feats with XML, just need to find a method of testing it so I can start discovering precisely WHAT is not working right...

I have made some research about Hyborem and his border and ctd.

(Just to be clear. I can play regular Ffh2 for hundreds of turns without any crash. It's just FF that crash.)

Hopefully this can be of any help...

The game crash for me the next turn. There is an autosave for turn 32, but my computer refuse to load it and crash instead.

Hopefully it proves reliable to crash every time and we can isolate the issue!

And now we've done exactly that :D

Thanks - this could well be one of the "unreproducible" bugs that have been posted several times to the old thread. The reason it wasn't immediately reproducible was that neither Xienwolf nor myself were using the grids.

Thanks to everyone that has posted save games and info on this - we might finally have cracked it for the next patch.

Civilopedia --> Leaders (i.e. the list with all the tiny portraits) : Decius' entry in not clickable.

edit: I've seen a barbarian city ( barbarian world option enabled ) with an ancient tower in it. don't think this should happen :D

edit2: still barbarian world enabled, I've seen a barbarian city with death mana in it.

edit3: in the civilopedia the nomad camp entry shows nothing but a "goodie hut" image.

also, all the different mana nodes show the same stonehenge-like model in the civilopedia.

All the mana show the same image because all of them have the same improvement graphic. It will change based on your religion, not based on mana type.

Each mana resource will also be the same set of crystals, with just a slight difference in color between them.

Also, the barbarian city with death mana on it was probably a bard city that spawned directly on the Broken Sepulcher, which I'm told can happen.

So. As many of us know Fall Further multiplayer is horridly broken.

For me and Hei(And I imagine Maxastro too as its what happened in my game with him too) we reliably get OOS around the same stage of the game.

Turn ~80-120 on quick.
Turn 100-160 on standard.

The OOS will repeate if load before, or load after. 100% reliably so far.
The OOS happens regardless of if ANY BARBARIANS AT ALL are in the game. We had a game with orthos disabled, uniques disabled, and barbs disabled, in which the Sailors Dirge thankfully didn't spawn. (Dunno if it could have.)
The OOS is of the Options debug value, rather than the usual Sync value I usually see.

Thats a mess.

Now in other notes. Are jungles/peeks supposed to be doing this?... Er. Half doing this?... See pic.

Notably, my mouse is on the jungle graphiced peek. And the description doesn't say there is a jungle on it.

[to_xp]Gekko;7285621 said:
Civilopedia --> Leaders (i.e. the list with all the tiny portraits) : Decius' entry in not clickable.

Decius's entry isn't clickable because it gets confused by the multiple civs available to him. It probably won't display anything when you mouse over it either. I came across that issue whilst working on another mod - but it's a limitation of the way the help text and linking is handled on that screen (it doesn't know which civ to display him as).

So. As many of us know Fall Further multiplayer is horridly broken.

Under certain circumstances - which we haven't identified yet. I play three-way LAN games quite often and haven't had an unavoidable OoS in months (one that can't be "reloaded" around).

I know that some people do though and I also know that Xienwolf has been trying to get multiple instances of Civ to run on a single computer in order to test some DLL elements.

===

I did notice a "Options Value" one myself though in the game-before-last I played. Reloading resolved it, but it did strike me as unusual. I just wish that we had access to the network code to see how the sync-values are generated.

===

I remember in the early days of this modmod there was a problem with civs being able to build the national heroes of other civs.

In my game, I noticed Karlson (hero for Dural?) was built by Barbarian of all things?

Sounds fishy, but I don't know.

I this building of national heroes by the barbs kosher?:)

In my game, I noticed Karlson (hero for Dural?) was built by Barbarian of all things?

Sounds fishy, but I don't know.

I this building of national heroes by the barbs kosher?:)

Sounds like a candidate for the "longest surviving unit-bug" - managed to go unreported for almost 7 months. Fixed now - thanks.

One more oddball item that had me perplexed, but probably I just didn't know how it works in FF.

I wanted to cast the Balseraph World Spell Revelry, but none of the units had the World Spell button.

Is there some other way to cast the World Spell in FF?

Oh, and I am certain I never cast it during the game - and, even if I did, I suppose the button would be grayed out, not missing. Thanks.

One more oddball item that had me perplexed, but probably I just didn't know how it works in FF.

I wanted to cast the Balseraph World Spell Revelry, but none of the units had the World Spell button.

Is there some other way to cast the World Spell in FF?

Oh, and I am certain I never cast it during the game - and, even if I did, I suppose the button would be grayed out, not missing. Thanks.

Fixed in Patch M - we broke World spells under certain conditions when the "Feat" code was moved from the DLL to XML. Aiming to have Patch M out within the next 36 hours or so - probably sooner rather than later.

Under certain circumstances - which we haven't identified yet. I play three-way LAN games quite often and haven't had an unavoidable OoS in months (one that can't be "reloaded" around).

I know that some people do though and I also know that Xienwolf has been trying to get multiple instances of Civ to run on a single computer in order to test some DLL elements.

===

I did notice a "Options Value" one myself though in the game-before-last I played. Reloading resolved it, but it did strike me as unusual. I just wish that we had access to the network code to see how the sync-values are generated.

===

The MP for FFH2/FF is broken in general due to the OOS errors, I am curious though Vehem, do you play those 3 ways with AI civs?

The reason i ask, the only way i can almost eliminate OOS occurrences is when i play with no AI civs and no barbs but still have some every so often due to events.

The MP for FFH2/FF is broken in general due to the OOS errors, I am curious though Vehem, do you play those 3 ways with AI civs?

The reason i ask, the only way i can almost eliminate OOS occurrences is when i play with no AI civs and no barbs but still have some every so often due to events.

Depends on the map - sometimes we play short 3 player Small/Duel maps, other times large with many AI's. Patch M is going to include something that will help us tackle the OoS's over the next few versions however.

There is a ctd at the end of turn in this save. I have no idea what's causing it. Playing patch L, as the sidar.

View attachment 189797

That's a HellTerrain/Ocean/Grids CtD. Turn off Grids and you should be able to play on. Will be fixed properly by Patch M.

(Dis has been founded on the coast and is about to expand culture next turn to cover 3 or 4 ocean squares)

Also, the barbarian city with death mana on it was probably a bard city that spawned directly on the Broken Sepulcher, which I'm told can happen.

well, it probably shouldn't happen I guess :p

the city's 3d model has a "black stone" in the middle of it, with an animal skeleton lying around in the lower left corner. I'm guessing that's how a death node looks?

probably what happened was that the broken sepulcher was deleted by the city, but the death mana is still there and showing. I'm wondering why the ancient tower didn't get deleted though.

Probably because they can't be pillaged. Could be wrong though.

Top Bottom