FF 0.42 Bug Thread

xienwolf

Deity
This here thread is for pointing out where my best intentions have gone horribly wrong.

Please post any bugs you encounter with as much detail about how it happened and possibly even a savegame. I'll fix what I can when I can :)

For OOS related issues, please read this post: OOS Logger. Then include the OOS log file as an attachment so we can figure out what caused the issue.

Changes slotted for next release
  1. DECODE text no longer displayed for all Invisible and See Invisible types on Unit Mouseover.
  2. Mana Surge is now properly restricted so you can only build it when an opponent you are at war with has some production invested in a ritual
  3. Fewer Water based Animals shall spawn

Reported Bugs not solved
  1. Kahd Intolerant Trait does not appear to prevent religious activities after loading a game. (Zorg27 - Post 2864)
  2. Somnium Attitude changes are not showing up after "Bet my Pride" games (Zorg27 - Post 2864)
  3. Unique Feature Events are allowing multiple Event Triggers if a stack of units moves onto them ([to_xp]Gekko - Post 165)
  4. Werewolf Promotion doesn't create new Werewolves, it just marks race (Sarisin - Post 189)
  5. After gaining promotions while exploring Lairs, occasionally unit cycling fails to work for the affected unit (andrew_yaweb - Post 9}

Cosmetic Issues
  1. Frostlings are marked as Graphical Only
  2. Occasional Goody Huts give nothing and just erase themselves (MaxAstro - Post 77)
  3. One of the Marnok Goody Text Keys is missing TXT_KEY_MARNOK_GOODY_CRAZED ([to_xp]Gekko - Post 83)
  4. Deer resource completely removes the appearance of the Forest in the same tile. ([to_xp]Gekko - Post 111)
  5. Archos' Nest gives a bonus for "things spiders eat" which apparently excludes Deer and Horse (Jean Elcard - Post 112)
  6. Would be nice to have a choice on letting Raiders units auto-pillage or having them leave the terrain alone (Sarisin - Post 190)

Base Code Issues to figure out
  1. Unit Pathing doesn't properly account for reduced terrain costs when only part of the stack has the benefit ([to_xp]Gekko - Post 23)
  2. No text to announce when a building casts an automated spell between turns (arkham4269 - Post 2866)
  3. Decius Leader Picture in the Civilopedia cannot be clicked to link to Decius ([to_xp]Gekko - Post 44)
  4. Barbarian Cities can spawn in locations cities are not buildable ([to_xp]Gekko - Post 44)
  5. Illusions only heal after KILLING a Living unit, which means they can only heal on defense.
  6. Tile Art doesn't update with the Dowsing Ritual to show/hide the NIF of the resource (MaxAstro - Post 77)
  7. Some tiles persist in being visible when they shouldn't

Updated through Post 192

The Illians are unplayable for me. The computer can be Illian though.

I think because the illians aren't done yet in FFH2 (not until Ice stage I believe) you need to play a custom game to play them.

Sorry, i forgot to mention I cannot play them in a custom game either. I am gonna transfer the FF traits to Ffh in the mean time.

Cannot play MP games since Patch I, get an OOS after the first turn every game.

(after full reinstall on both sides, and options turned off/on)

change playable<0>playable to <1> in civializations info xml

Patched up to "L" but still getting 2nd turn OOS issues :cry:
anyone else tried MP with the newer patches?

Patched up to "L" but still getting 2nd turn OOS issues :cry:
anyone else tried MP with the newer patches?

This sounds like one I used to have a while back, but that I haven't seen in recent versions. If you have the host save the game once it starts, then go back to the MP lobby and load that game, it should work without any OoS. It seems to be caused by the maps not generating identically - possibly something in the normalization or placement of unique features, but certain things are shifted slightly if you study both machines on the first turn. Loading from the host's "authoritative" version of the map does seem to fix that though.

If that does work - can you let me know which mapscript and other settings are being used when it does OoS?

I beleive the only way to play them is to set your team as Random...and hope you get the luck of the draw.

That much is true - same as base FfH. Given that the Ice sphere is now implemented though, I may enable them - they're still not fully "exciting" without the Ice features, but they're definitely playable - just need to look at a worldspell for them too.

Can I suggest we make this like FfH and put 0.42 bug thread in the title and change when the next full version comes out? I can edit the title if xienwolf can't.

Started playing FF again this past week. Here is something I have run into with the latest patch, 'L' I think it is.

There is no way to close the Options box. I have to use Task Manager to exit the program.

Also, the Graphics/Audio/Other are blank.

I have a FFH2 game going and have not had this problem at all. Seems unique to FF.

PS. I just noticed that I use the second start screen to access Options there is an EXIT and RESTORE DEFAULTS button. Also, the items are in the Graphics/Audio/Other screens.

The problem seems to be when I enter Options while playing a game.

Can I suggest we make this like FfH and put 0.42 bug thread in the title and change when the next full version comes out? I can edit the title if xienwolf can't.

That sounds fair - if I remember rightly, Xienwolf can edit the title of the thread view, but it will still have the old one in the forum view - so if you don't mind doing the honours? :D

Started playing FF again this past week. Here is something I have run into with the latest patch, 'L' I think it is.

There is no way to close the Options box. I have to use Task Manager to exit the program.

Also, the Graphics/Audio/Other are blank.

I have a FFH2 game going and have not had this problem at all. Seems unique to FF.

PS. I just noticed that I use the second start screen to access Options there is an EXIT and RESTORE DEFAULTS button. Also, the items are in the Graphics/Audio/Other screens.

The problem seems to be when I enter Options while playing a game.

It seems to have stopped processing the python for that window between "Automated Workers Leave Old Improvements" and "Numpad Help" - so any item after that point (including the exit button and all the other tabs) aren't being created.

Not sure why this would happen though - nothing I can think of should have changed on that options menu and it doesn't seem to happen on the version I have installed. Does it occur every time?

This sounds like one I used to have a while back, but that I haven't seen in recent versions. If you have the host save the game once it starts, then go back to the MP lobby and load that game, it should work without any OoS. It seems to be caused by the maps not generating identically - possibly something in the normalization or placement of unique features, but certain things are shifted slightly if you study both machines on the first turn. Loading from the host's "authoritative" version of the map does seem to fix that though.

If that does work - can you let me know which mapscript and other settings are being used when it does OoS?

Hi Vehem,

We tried about 15 games so far, all with the same OOS at the end of the first turn. I thought it might have something to do with the world features, so i turned them off first. NO success. I then tried a different map script, from Big n Small , to Continents, same result. I then tried the following turned off.

No Barbs
No flavor start
No unique impr
No broader alignments

We still got the same result, a first turn OOS.

We could play FF on MP with the occasional OOS like in FFH2 (usually later in the game and game breaking) but this one happens at the same time, end of the first turn and is game breaking, even after the save/reload. This has been happening since Patch I before that we could play.

I am on IRC now if u want to ask further.

It seems to have stopped processing the python for that window between "Automated Workers Leave Old Improvements" and "Numpad Help" - so any item after that point (including the exit button and all the other tabs) aren't being created.

Not sure why this would happen though - nothing I can think of should have changed on that options menu and it doesn't seem to happen on the version I have installed. Does it occur every time?

Yeah, just to confirm that I restarted my game of FF and got the same incomplete Options screen.

I started the FFH2 game I am playing, did the same thing, and the screen was fine.

Numpad Help... Any chance you're playing on a laptop without an actual numpad present? (Silly idea off the top of my head)

5. Summon Frostling spell disabled when caster gains Promotion Ice3.

Gave me a python error - didn't like "pCaster" in the spell req. After changing that to "caster" and adding "return True" at the end it worked.

Frostlings are marked GraphicalOnly, btw. Surely they aren't a secret? :)

Top Bottom