FF 0.42 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by xienwolf, Sep 23, 2008.

1. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

Okay, so my question is this. I tend to play on a small, tectonic map w/Lakes so there is plenty of land, but not enough to cause my systems graphics to conk out. (I had to quit a game playing on a standard map of the same type with 8 Civ's + Infernals/Mercurians) because around turn 500ish, the game just kept crashing). So from what you say, it might take two events to raise the AC by one, but the % will change. That's fine, but if anything, I would think that a small map would accrue changes faster since there is less of everything to affect. I mean at this rate I'll haze to raze 1/2 the cities on the map to get to 70 and by then who needs Meshabber Dis? :sad:

Maybe there already is, but shouldn't the break down of stuff like this be in one of the setting screens with all the other statistics? I've noticed these have been expanded of late, to which I'm thankful since in many mods it seems almost impossible to find out what the exact cultural number is needed to go legendary.

Oh, not a bug per se, but a question. In vanilla BTS, there are spearmen to counter mounted units, but these don't really exist in FfH/FF. Yet the counter-mounted promotion is a third tier promotion. Can't this be moved down one so it's available with counter-melee & counter-archery? I mean if I'm up against the Hippus, it puts one at a big disadvantage that their horses can get a counter-melee promotion one step faster than a defender can get the counter-mounted promotion.

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

well in 0.34 if you hover the mouse cursor over the AC display, it will show both the percentage and the raw number, so it will be easy to find out if something is not working correctly :)

btw I agree that some more variety for melee troops would be fine, like in the Orbi mod. right now it's all a bit streamlined imho.

3. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

Back in the Day, I couldn't finish a game of FfH/FF because my system would crash. Usually this happened when there was a lot of burning sands showing in the view. After a few patches, this finally went away.

However, I've been having CtD's again late in the game but they are a bit different. When I get the crash, it is always between turns. The little "I'm thinking globe" is still turning, but the screen goes blank and then I get a Microsoft error pop-up. I used to get an error sound, but not with these CtD's.

I'm playing on a HP Pavillion laptop with Win-XP. The crash for this game came on turn 476 and to my knowledge nothing odd was supposed to happen like a wonder being built. The AC was at 51.

This is all the info I have:
    App Name: civ4beyondsword.exe
    App Ver: 3.1.3.1
    Modname: cvgamecoredll.dll
    Mod Ver: 0.0.0.0
    Offset: 00218a26

I have up to date patches for both FfH 0.33 and FF 0.42. Of course I just notice Kael has FfH 0.34 up so I'm sure they will be a flurry of patches and the like so who knows what will change. :rolleyes:

4. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

Playing FF .42, no patches (they won't install, another matter entirely though.)

I researched Octopus Overlords early on in a game with the Khadi and didn't get a disciple to spread the religion, nor the holy city, though I was experimenting about that one.

It's turn 239 (normal speed) and Octopus Overlords randomly was established in one of my cities, and more so, it's the holy city.

I'm guessing that someone else must have researched it finally and that triggered the founding of it. Very interesting.

5. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That would probably be an issue with the Feat system, or something like it. Was fixed in the patches.

6. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

7. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Warlord

My guess is it's Steam. I installed Civ through it, and it's made the directories all funny (I can't load either FfH or FF from my desktop because the directories don't link to the 'correct' source.)

It's not to big a problem though, just a minor nuisance. ;)

8. andrew_yaweb

andrew_yaweb Chieftain

I did not one odd behavioral bug. After a lair-exploration, when I get a promotion like the diseased skin one or the whithered-one, I see a funny behavior having to do with the space bar.

Once a unit get that promotion when you hit the space bar, even though other units still have moves to make, the next unit wouldn't not cycle into focus to be able to move it.

I would have to manually click on another unit for the normal space-bar cycling to work.
    As long as that unit it not cycled thru with the space bar, it would not be an issue, but as soon as it was reached, the space bar would no longer advance to the next available unit.

With FFH, I had never encountered that. Fall further was the first time I encountered that.
    FFurther Version 0.42 FFH 033g

9. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Same basic bug has been reported for base FfH, so hopefully there is a simple typo in that particular Marnok result which happened to get copied over into both other mods. I'll take a look at it sometime and see what comes up.