FF Cosmetic Issues Report Thread

WarKirby

Arty person
Cosmetic issues annoy xienwolf, and it's understandable why. So to make things easier for him, I've created this thread.

In here, post any and all reports of aesthetic issues. Ie, visual things. A model animating strangely, an odd great person image, a missing button texture, two things having the same button and being confusing, etc.

Basically, anything to do with graphics, and not to do with code.
With permission of the team, I could ask a moderator to sticky it.

And now that the introductory post is done, my first actual report:

The Pax Diabolis button uses the monument image. This is kind of silly. An original image isn't really needed, just something more appropriate. I suggest using the tech button image from Infernal Pact.

Infernal warriors use the skeleton Artdefine, including the button image.
As they have a natural thematic affinity for using death magic, I tend to summon skeletons while playing as them too. Thusly, confusion results.

Rather than making a new button image though, I suggest actually making them Skeletons. Use Skeleton as an infernal Warrior UU. The inability for them to level up would also help to stem the overpoweredness of the infernals a little, when played from the start.

Training Yard/Barracks/Jousting Tilt/Field of the Horselords
They all have the same button image. I think the current one we have is good for Training Yard, as that's basically what it is. The others should be changed.

Kind of a code thing. It's possible for the Seven Pines to be placed in desert. It looks odd, given that forests can't grow in deserts, and it has a green base.

Kind of a code thing. It's possible for the Seven Pines to be placed in desert. It looks odd, given that forests can't grow in deserts, and it has a green base.
I had always imagined it as the Pines surviving through the ages while the terrain around them was overcome by a desert, rather than that they grew in a desert.

AV improvements, especially cottages and farms, are really hard to see on Broken Lands.

The flag symbols for Agares and Bhall are very similar, which can be a huge problem when you're at peace with one but not the other. They need some color differentiation, not just a symbol that's too small to easily make out.

The flames graphic is really huge and takes up a lot of space, not to mention apparently taking up processing time as well.

Moving a unit that can pass through impassable tiles into a volcano causes the volcano to erupt. Also the unit hides inside, rather than appearing on top.

It's been quite a while since I tested it last, but I don't remember hearing about a fix: Kuriotate Airships wobble all over the place and look ridiculous when flying over peaks.

Combat against a Goblin often ends with the final goblin running away or not dying, even though the unit itself is defeated.

The Pax Diabolis button uses the monument image. This is kind of silly. An original image isn't really needed, just something more appropriate. I suggest using the tech button image from Infernal Pact.

Which button is that? The ProjectInfo and the Spell both use
Code:
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Infernalpact.dds</Button>
already - only the actual building itself that is created should have the Monument icon, but I wouldn't have thought that was visible at any point as you can't build the building directly, it's created by Python instead...

Code:
		if iProjectType == gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROJECT_PAX_DIABOLIS'):
			pCity.setNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_PAX_DIABOLIS'), 1)

The flag symbols for Agares and Bhall are very similar, which can be a huge problem when you're at peace with one but not the other. They need some color differentiation, not just a symbol that's too small to easily make out.

I noticed this too. Not only that, But the Legions of D'tesh civ in FFPlus uses Agares' flag, since it's a necromancer nation. And it fits them better

So I think we need a new Agares flag. I'm thinking just take the demon head silhouette from the Demon racial promo, tweak the colors. I'll make it. Which files will need to be updated to change a nation's flag?

Also, I'll check the pax diabolis again. Perhaps it was fixed recently. will report back

Hmm, infernal pact has the correct icon now. Must have been fixed recently.

But Order of the Wyvern still uses the monument graphic, too. Perhaps just a picture of Coatlann would be good.

Hmm, infernal pact has the correct icon now. Must have been fixed recently.

Just checked the SVN. Both Spell and Project for Pax Diabolis have been InfernalPact since Revision 206, which is when they were both added. The building still appears as a monument, but neither of the two visible icons have been altered since being added.

It must just be the building, then. I keep seeing it in worldbuilder with the monument image.
Could you possibly change that one too then?

On another note, here's a demon flag that could be used as Agares' flag. would be much more fitting than a skull

Attachments

• flagdecal_demon.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom