FfH 2 Civilizations Quick Guide

Very nice Nikis! I didn't know this thread existed until Rex bumped it.

This is cool!

One suggestion: for the Kuriotates, it would be helpful to know how many full-size cities they can build on each map size. I know you wrote that it's 3 on a standard map and it scales to map size, but the exact number would be nice to know. I was recently playing the Kuriotates on a huge map, and knowing the exact number would have been really useful in planning city placement. The 'pedia should probably have this info, too, come to think of it.

Nice job, though.

Someone should fix this thread, it is very helpfull... i am almost one month playing and didint knew what the civs could do (apart for the few a play constantly) :)

We need one sticky ring thread "to rule them all".

Someone should fix this thread, it is very helpfull... i am almost one month playing and didint knew what the civs could do (apart for the few a play constantly) :)

Ops, bad translation, i was meaning stick not "fix" in the way it mean in english :)

As of Shadow, Govannon can teach Blur (Shadow I) and Blaze (Fire I) to other units as well. Not sure if there are any other new tutorings, as I have only noticed those two so far.

Unique abilities of national heroes. My review.
Spoiler :

Bannor
Hero: Donal Lugh Recruit ability renews each time he kills a demon or undead enemy unit.
Powerful and enough specific but slightly boring along with all that Bannor and Order sword-fodder boosting features.

Malakim
Hero: Tuetorix Archer unit that gives +1 votes if your civ is in the OverCouncil.
Hero-voter. Looks like Malakim are extremely non-democratic. Very specific ability and may be useful but it is not what is usually expected from hero.

Elohim
Hero: Corlindale Arcane unit that can sacrifice himself to end all wars and halve the Armageddon Counter
Very nice, but I found Corlindale incomfortable to operate with. Hero archmage is promised to be very powerful but his 0 strength makes him extremely vulnerable to assasins.

Luchuirp
Hero: Barnaxus.
Again very specific but incomfortable. I would prefer something else.

Kuriotate
Heor: Eurobatres the Gold Dragon (req. Divine Essence), strong Beast unit that can also breathe fire.
And roar. It is OK, I did not use roar but now it looks more useful.

Mercurians
Hero: Basium (no req) melee unit, his death will remove the player's traits.
Maybe it is intended but he looks dumb. I would like to see something more in him. E.g. 1)Ability to turn any mana node into life mana. 2)Specific weapon. 3)Cast Sanctify whenever enters or passes a tile. 4)Remove evil religion (and Cult) promos from allied units (and cities? - ultimate inquisitor). 5)Spawn life mana node where defeated. (Big choice. :))

Ljosalfar
Hero: Gilden Silveric
No unique ability. Give him at least Barrage or something like that. Or make him pass his XP to archery units in his stack (he loses others gain) - XP pumping teacher :).

Khazad
Hero: Maros
Needs something. I like Khasad gameplay but they have too few sweet toys. Even world spell is boring. Though did not try Myconid yet. Well... OK, Maros. If once new fort mechanisms will be done as announced (need working to grow) it is nice to give him ability to work over forts-castles improvements, and even with much bigger speed. This will give Khazad unique possibility to have citadels outside the fat cross.

Lanun
Hero: Guybrush Threepwood
Unique ability: sings. OK. I was really excited when discovered this ability, it is really unique.
Hero: The Black Wind
Sea horror. Just one suggestion: give it subdue animal promo.

Sidar
Hero: Rathus Denmora
Hero slayer. OK.

Hero breeders. OK.

Hippus
Hero: Magnadine (req. Warhorses) mounted unit that can capture any barbarian unit it defeats.
Any living barbarian unit. Barb harvester. OK. BTW now with subdue beast we have a number of potential dragoncatchers. All melee doviello, Rathus, Alazkan, recon adventurers... Maybe not once Kuriotates will be attacked just to hunt their dragon. But Magnadine is only for Acheron.

Amurites
Hero: Govannon
Caster maker. OK. I am not happy with his micromanagement but still he is enough specific and powerful.

Doviello
Hero: The War Machine
XP harvester. OK.

Balseraphs
Hero: Loki
Ultimate coward. OK. It is nice as early scout but when the map is mainly revealed I usually disband him for the Shrine of the Champion. Good coward is dead coward.

Clan of Embers
Hero: Rantine.
City harvester. Never happened to use his ability but looks great.

Svartalfar
Alazkan
Self cloner. OK.

Calabim
Hero: Losha Valas
Life drinker. OK

Sheaim
Hero: Abashi the Black Dragon (req. Divine Essence), strong Beast unit that can also breathe fire.
And roar. Dragons are OK.

Infernals
Hero: Hyborem (no req) strong demon melee unit that starts with immortality (one use)
OK, but why is he now only 1-use immortal? Infernals are underpowered. I prefer him as well as Basium to be full-price Immortal.

very useful, thanks a lot !

This is cool!

One suggestion: for the Kuriotates, it would be helpful to know how many full-size cities they can build on each map size. I know you wrote that it's 3 on a standard map and it scales to map size, but the exact number would be nice to know. I was recently playing the Kuriotates on a huge map, and knowing the exact number would have been really useful in planning city placement. The 'pedia should probably have this info, too, come to think of it.

I would like to know this too.

After playing wiht the editor it looks like 2/2/3/3/4/5 for dual,tiny,small,standard,large, huge.

So avoid tiny and standard worlds!

Ahh you beat me to it by seconds. That is what I found as well.

On behalf of Gilden Silveric, his main strength is that he appears so early in the game. Last night I got Archery really early and he was the third or fourth unit I built. Believe me, the barbs were no problem at all and by the time he showed up, Orcus did not stand a chance.

I would like to know this too.

After playing wiht the editor it looks like 2/2/3/3/4/5 for dual,tiny,small,standard,large, huge.

So avoid tiny and standard worlds!

Yeah, playing on a huge map, after my 5th city all I could build were settlements, so I suspected the numbers were something like what you posted.

Thx.

I would like to see the same treatment done with the Religions.

This mod is great but it seems to still be shy a good Barb/war religion.

Like what religion would Clan of Embers take?

To defend Loki, he has MUCH more use than scouting:

1) Build immediately, use initial scout to find nearest neighbors. Choose one you hate.

2) Go hop in neighbors capitol, he is probably building a settler by now (not likely to be done if you went IMMEDIATELY for Loki.

3) Wait for settler to finish, it will take a LONG time. Also, laugh about the Civ only getting 1 culture per turn in their capitol.

4) Follow Settler out and put Loki in his newly built City. If you like where it is, take and keep it (hopefully you have Education by now if they are a fair distance from you). If you do not like where it is, destroy it.

5) Return to enemy capitol, rinse, repeat.

You NEVER have to worry about them culture flipping the city you just stole since you have creative (well, assuming you are Keelyn. Perpentarch MIGHT have it, or might not) and will produce more culture than their capitol (you get 2, they get 1 thanks to Loki). Soon as you steal their city, they build a new settler, and you personally rarely have to bother doing so.

Once you have the military built up enough to capture/destroy the capitol of that rival, move on to the next and have fun.

And, at some point all your near neighbors have culture buildings in their cities you would want, and you have mapped everything Loki can reach. Then, having the liberty to delete him and build the Shrine of the Champion is SWEET.

Also, he is pretty nice for defense in a war since he can cast Charm Person and if you keep him out of any city he is very unlikely to die.

...5) Return to enemy capitol, rinse, repeat.

Never used it. Looks like exploit.

Personally I like Balseraphs mainly for Perpentachs insanity. Now it looks like probability of change is perfectly balanced.

Top Bottom