FfH 2 Civilizations Quick Guide

Uhm, why would using Loki be an exploit?
If described method really can guarantee capture or destruction of all new neighbour's cities from the very beginning then it is definitely an exploit. Human player can protect himself by declaring war but AI never do it so early.

Well, it can only cripple the one civ at a time, and it means you waste your first 100 some turns building a hero just to be able to do it. Plus no using Loki for exploration, and you don't exactly get to select where to place the cities you might be stealing.

But yeah, there is no way that you could use this against another player, unless they happen to not know what Loki does. And though I'd hate to see him become completely useless when the AI is fixed up, and there are many other things that the AI has to be taught first.

Loki is the only way to keep some uggly landgrabbers at bay in the beginning when you cannot afford open war and he doesn't work against creative civs. So he is definitely not an exploit.

Ought to mention that with Loki you can view city details, but cannot with a Gypsy wagon.

Do Gypsy wagons reduce culture? If so, they should also be able to flip a city when it goesvnegative culture

I think the biggest reason he can flip cities is cause he can make them go into unrest.

Yes, Hyborem has been changed, and yes, expansive is useless for him. Creative wasn't very flavourful either, though.

Why "or"?

Since he come in the game so late, he could use more traits than the other leaders have.

I gave him Aggressive/Arcane/Barbarian/Charismatic/Creative/Fallow/Industrious/Ingenuity/Magic Resistant/Raiders/Spiritual/Summoner (and Basium got Aggressive/Charismatic/Creative/Defender/Expansive/Industrious/Ingenuity/Organized/Magic Resistant/Raiders/Spiritual), but that might have been overkill. Still, I see no reason he shouldn't have more traits than most leaders (it makes killing the hero and costing his civ all these traits much more fun!), plus have some starting techs (Iron Working, Necromancy, Elementalism, Summoning, Priesthood, Malevolent Designs, Divine Right?) to make him stronger/have a high enough score for the AI not to play in his usual, athematic, pacifistic turtling style.

I like the theme definition, since the pedia entries on leaders and civs are more anecdotal than descriptive. I think this is the right forum for this, as I wouldn't look to the lore forum to find out why I can't build siege as elves. I thought it was a bug at first.

Top Bottom