[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Maybe it's a bastard sword: the longer handle become useful when the champion must leave his shield behind('cause its broken,...)
This creation is wonderful, but I think that a Gladius ( Roman Empire Shortsword ) fits better with the military background of the Bannors.

Bastard swords don't have that long of handles, do they? From what I've read, for the situation SeZ described (being able to use both hands because of a lost shield), the hilt should be about 1 1/2 hand lengths, or a litttle longer, so that it isn't cumbersome, but if you have to fight with two hands you can.

Blimey, a bloke leaves the forum for a couple of days and look what's there when he comes back, a whole bunch of sweet units! Thanks very much for the Bannor Champ SeZ :)

Its kind of sad that the amount of detail these units have can often get missed at the normal Civ zoom level. I only noticed that Lanun Longbowmen have an eyepatch the other day.

That girl is nearly perfect. I'll never say from the looks of vanilla, that Civ IV engine allows so beautiful models...

thanks. the engine has such a "simple" way to shade things, that you have to really paint everything into the texture. I think in Colonization they have at least a realtime dropshadow method (which gives more depth and 3 dimensionality).

Very nice. Its a shame it has to be for a unit we see so rarely.

good point, but exactly because of that, I created it in a really fast way, by attaching a cape to the assassin and reuvmapping it ;)

Blimey, a bloke leaves the forum for a couple of days and look what's there when he comes back, a whole bunch of sweet units! Thanks very much for the Bannor Champ SeZ :)

Its kind of sad that the amount of detail these units have can often get missed at the normal Civ zoom level. I only noticed that Lanun Longbowmen have an eyepatch the other day.

Yea, true as well, if you zoom very close in, in the pedia or the unitmodel display box in the bottom left corner (in a normal game), you can see most of the details, which are painted into the texture, but it additionally depends on your graphics card and resolution as well ;)

So, thanks again everyone for the nice comments. hopefully Ploeperpengel can finish the Angel of Death and Roland the Llamia, soon ;)

Wow! I love the new models, especially the Luchuirp Archmage. He looks so...cute. :D

Well, the elves are perfect but their clothing definitely need more garments, I think. It would be very much impractical fighting (or even just living) in forest with THAT clothes! :eek:

Furthermore, I think the Svart are more "casual" in dressing than the Ljos. Just look at the leaders. Arendel and Thessa are very modest, while Faeryl... :mischief: I think the mage and druid are more appropriate to be Svart rather than Ljos (in their current state of dress).

And while we have such a bountiful week, dare I hope that you will make Malakim arcane models? :please:

I love these models too. Can't wait to see them in action when patch z is released.

SeZ a completely different thing. Is it possible to give a unit a different artwork if it has a certain promotion? Because I always consider it annoying that the Svartalfar worldspell is so useless in MP. If all units with Hidden Nationality had the same appearance it would finally be useful in MP.

I love the new Models. Hope my girlfriend does not see me saying it ;)
SeZ a completely different thing. Is it possible to give a unit a different artwork if it has a certain promotion? Because I always consider it annoying that the Svartalfar worldspell is so useless in MP. If all units with Hidden Nationality had the same appearance it would finally be useful in MP.

I am not seZereth but know how this one works...

Promotions are the main way that racial art is handled - it is linked to a racial promotion, in Svartalfar case the elf promo.
In fact there are two identical promotions, one for light elves and one for dark, just for the different art.
It is a really nice mechanics, but has one limitation: only one art promotion can work ar once - you can have many, but art comes from only one of them.
I have this problem in my mod with elven mounted paladins - if done only by promotions, the paladin can only be elven or mounted, but not both.

This is not really an art problem, however.

Well, there is a bug that makes Invisible units turn back into their base models sometimes. Perhaps that bug could be ported to units with HN and call it a feature...

So, are we going to get to see te new Corindale model soon, or will we have to wait intil patch Z comes out?

I'm thinking it would be nice to get a new, more elegant Losha Valas, who looks more like her picture.

So, are we going to get to see te new Corindale model soon, or will we have to wait intil patch Z comes out?

I'm thinking it would be nice to get a new, more elegant Losha Valas, who looks more like her picture.

corlindale is simply a reskinned islamic missionary in elohim colors, with greay hairs instead of a turban and a different face.

and Losha... you have to ask C.Roland for his permission (as he is the original creator), so I can rework her...

I'm going to disagree with you guys about Losha. I just don't think its a high enough priority what with the dozens of regular units still using placeholder art, to run around tuning up the older stuff.

It would be really creepy if Losha killed her opponents the way her picture shows her :D. From where exactly do these tentacles come from :blush: ;)?

It would be really creepy if Losha killed her opponents the way her picture shows her :D. From where exactly do these tentacles come from :blush: ;)?

I think it is her robe that looks like a tentacle ;)

Its not the model thats the problem, its the animation. Wielding that two handed knife, she just looks uncomfortable. The Elohim Monk animation would look awesome.

Losha needs something. It looks as if her dress is as rigid as plate armor. It could be plate though. Maybe MC knows. And her shoulders are too wide considering how thin she is otherwise.

It is something that can wait though. At least until all archmagi are done.

Is there any hope of new pirate cove, harbor, and port models?

maybe Walther Hawkwood can extract some stuff from Cohan which can be used for that purpose

Top Bottom