[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Beautiful work as always, seZ.

Say, on a different note, Walter Hawkwood recently imported some fantasy buildings into the game. Are we going to be seeing any of his stuff in a future patch? Cause if not, I highly recommend it.
Aye, I second that motion! :)

the Ljosalfar druid looks exceptional as does the CoE archmage :D but one thing id like to point out is that the Druids wrist is EXTREMELY thin, to the point of snapping off... the face is a little too stern too, but thats very minor. other than that its excelent!

the Ljosalfar druid looks exceptional as does the CoE archmage :D but one thing id like to point out is that the Druids wrist is EXTREMELY thin, to the point of snapping off... the face is a little too stern too, but thats very minor. other than that its excelent!

The wrist is an artifact caused by the animation. I am too lazy to fiddle that out. Instead I use my time to do things like this:

cheers.

She's both a druid and an elf. Maybe she became part plant and those really are leaves, not decorative sleeves.

Beautiful units! I don't know whoch civ I should play next with all the new art. Mercurians, Bannor, Ljosalfar... (Maybe it would be easier if the Angel of Death had a new model... :mischief: )

I really like the Ljosalfar Archmage (or is that going to be the Mage and the current mage the archmage, as the first post of the bug thread implies), although I prefer to think that the magical elite of Ljosalfar society have darker hair, like Thessa and their generally more arcane Svartalfar cousins.

I like the Orkish archmage, but it doesn't seem red enough to me. I'd expect both most elite shamen of the clan of embers and well as priestesses of Bhall to dress in fiery colors.

The Luchuirp archmage isn't bad, but for some reason I was expecting a Luchuirp archmage to be riding on the shoulders of a large golem instead of just standing on the ground.

I'm not really a fan of the Ljosalfar Druid(ess), but perhaps it will look better in the game when it is from a batter angle and not so close. The trim of her upper garment seems metallic, which doesn't really fit nature worshippers. Her forearms seem too thin, and her upper legs too wide. The marks under her eyes by her nose seem odd. Her boots seem to blend with her skin too much. The loincloth seems too small to really cover anything, and in this view doesn't seem to follow natural body contours well. He ears seem way to long and pointy for my tastes, and having horns from her head seems odd. Is she actually a female Satyr instead of an elf? Or maybe just part satyr?

...The Luchuirp archmage isn't bad, but for some reason I was expecting a Luchuirp archmage to be riding on the shoulders of a large golem instead of just standing on the ground...

Then there'd be all sorts of wonderful complaints about Luchiurp archmagi not being able to get golem-type promotions from the buildings in the cities they upgraded in and Barnaxus... :rolleyes:

those are antlers and have nothing to do with satyr (goat) horns. its more about the whole ljosalfar - deer thing... though the druidess is my least favorite as well, I will keep her as she is, maybe I´ll rework her, when everything else is done ;)

so, here is something more to comment on ;) :

the beastmaster is missing, then svartalfars most important units are finally done... cheers.

EDIT:
just got an email from my professor... from tomorrow on I am back at chemistry, so, hope you didnt get used to seeing new units in this frequency ;)

That girl is nearly perfect. I'll never say from the looks of vanilla, that Civ IV engine allows so beautiful models...

Top Bottom